Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

::Stranger Than Fiction::

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by CIPHER_one, Jul 7, 2004.

1. CIPHER_one

CIPHER_one Senior Member

What'd everyone think? I enjoyed it. it was a nice refresher from his usual topics. I wasn't blown away, but there were some excellent chapters.

It was real interesting hearing about his pops, and when he first went to L.A. for the Fight Club deal.

2. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

want to elaborate a little on what it is you speak of so that us that aren't in-the-know could make an attempt to check it out?

3. CIPHER_one

CIPHER_one Senior Member

My bad. It's the new book from Chuck Palahniuk...non-fiction...hence the title.

Most people on here seem to hate on him, so I figured i'd keep it to people in the know. But if you're not familiar, I'd recommend his stuff...its really entertaining.

4. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

I have seen little evidence that people on this site especially hate him...

But assuming you're right, why don't you put some muscle in your hustle and tell us about the book, your opinions, maybe an image of the cover....look at PMB threads if you need help...

*reinserted

5. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

Didn't know this came out. I'm in the middle of house of leaves though so maybe later.

6. ment2

ment2 New Jack

thread making one oh one.

7. CIPHER_one

CIPHER_one Senior Member

No, that's ok.

PMB truly is a master with his thread-work skills, but this isn't so much a thread to give Palahniuk more exposure, than it is a thread to see what existing fans think of his newest book.

If you look at every book thread, after someone mentions Chuck Palahniuk, there's someone questioning why everyone likes him so much.

I'm not saying the fans aren't there, I just didn't want to bother the haters.

Here's a flick of the cover, though.
    [​IMG]

8. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

i'm going to try and make an effort to read more. i'm a fan of biographies/autobiographies, so i'll be keeping an eye on makros' thread. this thread has also provided with some other books to check out. channel zero is a wealth of brain food

9. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

Is that the guy that wrote GUTS?

10. Jimmy Jump

Jimmy Jump Member

palahniuk isnt my favorite author but i liked most of his books. i read about 40 pages of STF when i picked up a different book and lost interest in it. the essays in People Coming Together about the shit at the exhibitionist festival and the wrestlers where nothing new and pretty boring. eventuallly ill finish it but based on the first 40 pages im in no hurry..

11. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

yeah. most of his work isn't that disgusting though.

12. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

13. CIPHER_one

CIPHER_one Senior Member

yeah, its pretty hit or miss. There are a few stories that would make it worth your while, but not all of them.

14. Jimmy Jump

Jimmy Jump Member

^^ i think that the "hit or miss" sums this book up. i skipped ahead to the portraits section and from there on out the book wasnt bad. i liked the stories/essays in the personal section (theyre similar to the postcards in fugitives and refugees) but if youre not already a fan of palahniuk, i wouldnt recommend this..
    to anyone interested, check out www.chuckpalahniuk.net and look for "palahniuk-esque" and "the bookclub" links for a list of books to read..