Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Strange track pattern.

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by Fox Mulder, Jun 28, 2002.

1. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder 12oz Loyalist

2. dukeofyork

dukeofyork Senior Member

i think ive seen mapquest before..

did i miss the point of the question?
    :confused:

3. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

Try again...your link shows a railless portion of Nebraska, regardless of zoom level.

4. Legal Speed

Legal Speed Junior Member

yah i dont see any tracks.. but if you put it at zoom level 6 and change it to arial photo you get a wicked neat design :crazy:

5. porque

porque Senior Member

...muldur must be hinting at some x-file... is this the new area 54?...

6. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder 12oz Loyalist

yeah i guess i didn't copy the whole link. i can't find it now. but it was like a track in a circle. looked lik a main line this a break off that went completely in a circle but didn't connect back up with the mainline.

7. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

What state? Some strip mines have their own spiraling rail track going down to the bottom, but it's usually a narrow gauge thing, not hooked to any standard size line and incapable of accommodating standard engines and cars.
    A full circle would be peculiar. A teardrop shape makes more sense - it allows trains to turn all the way around without backing up or switching ends with the power. Unless it was a full circle with a couple of other tracks coming off of it, that would enable the same maneuver.
    Mapquest might also have the precise track layout wrong. I've found lines on Mapquest before, visited them in person, and seen discrepancies or sloppiness.

8. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder 12oz Loyalist

9. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder 12oz Loyalist

ok something is fucked up cause i know that i copied and pasted the right link.i'll try this....
    add the http:///www. that way the message board won't round it off or whatever its doing.

mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?size=big&mapdata=5SWr5yNjh4%2bocj9RizkIHNbU5rmuqztIzS00%2fvo7jZ%2bhtSRyOxNOICgLl4%2f1biJVMZDMY5QsKt1rudxKXmWqZuB0F1fnhOeFIaNfEbb40qNAZo8%2bsD3l4NR41FtrarkxPpyEpWvkaZfnbxgx7glbuiEId9Wh%2fDv%2b6JrTphh8vFdWA74%2bpbh7xH6hAq6DsIqrmPQKKCU5Bn2VCbqT08zvmzQruUU7V5z90LO8t4fQolqUBwPYAd9mqOPOs4XQV%2fnA95OPfEHFGViivQxad6SVGp5z07IbisIAJlHKBTcceZgrkppA3oyBeo2taPn1HOsNnJbac%2f8U9kXl7kZYZ04U1Ov72XoJR6aa3kfcRU%2bL9SFjXgjIfId68QMI3XdsetZJ

10. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

That didnt work either. IM sorry.