straight egde?

rip

ok my friend last night was all listin to this great straight edge hardcore band. i was like wtf? how in the hell can your be straight edge and hardcore? we got in a huge argument. then i listind to the song. and wtf that shit sounded like slayer and shit. so wtf is up with it being called straight edge hardcore?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ok wtf i thought straight edge is like no drugs sex drinking etc.. and they're listing to slayer type shit? wtf is up? can they not make up their mind? or they just trying to get attention?

Originally posted by rip

ok wtf i thought straight edge is like no drugs sex drinking etc.. and they're listing to slayer type shit? wtf is up? can they not make up their mind? or they just trying to get attention?

And hardcore music for some reason is associated with no sex drugs or drinking? Another thing ive noticed is lots of sXe kids are very angry.

They arnt trying to get attention, seriously though, how would the music they listen to have anything to do with no sex drugs or drinking?

Originally posted by nomadawhat

So you have to be high, drunk and fucking to like hardcore? maybe i should give it another listen, sounds like i should really dig it......

how do i say this. with out pissin people off. ok this song was all talkin about sex drugs and drinking so wouldnt that defeat the purpose of being straight edge?

Guest LethalDosage

yo rip.

once youre out of gradeschool, and meet people...

maybe you can understand.

im off to get drunk.

Originally posted by suburbian bum

AHHHHHH, now your making sence, if they were talking about it they probably wernt a straight edge band. Thanks for fucking telling us that on like your 3rd post....

no she fuckin showed me the cd case it said specificly straight egde hard core.

ok rip, since no one else is being funny, ill just be informative then we can call it a day.

not all hardcore/metal bands sing about drugs. i know its probably hard to believe, but there is actually a whole (very large infact) scene within hardcore, that is straight edge. infact, the 'straight edge' movement, grew out of the hardcore scene of the 80's.

now, how you came to decide that people who did not use drugs could also for some reason not listen to loud or fast music is beyond me. its beyond logical for that matter.

but i mean, whatevs ya know.

seeks/i aint a player i just fuck alot

Originally posted by LethalDosage

yo rip.

once youre out of gradeschool, and meet people...

maybe you can understand.

im off to get drunk.

and please believe im out of grade school and still meeting more people then you. doesnt it suck to still sleep in your mom's bed?

Originally posted by seeking

ok rip, since no one else is being funny, ill just be informative then we can call it a day.

not all hardcore/metal bands sing about drugs. i know its probably hard to believe, but there is actually a whole (very large infact) scene within hardcore, that is straight edge. infact, the 'straight edge' movement, grew out of the hardcore scene of the 80's.

now, how you came to decide that people who did not use drugs could also for some reason not listen to loud or fast music is beyond me. its beyond logical for that matter.

but i mean, whatevs ya know.

seeks/i aint a player i just fuck alot

they were talking about sex drugs and drinking in the song and it said straight edge hardcore on the cover of the cd case.

I'm in a hardcore band. We're all about the sexin.

But no, all hardcore isn't straight edge. I don't enjoy straight edge hardcore. I have no beef at all with being straight edge, more power to you. But when you tell me I'm a bad person because I smoke cigarettes then fuck you. I don't need you to force your beliefs on me. So I tend not to listen. I think the straight edge scene has gotten so out of hand. I was at a show a few weeks back and I went outside to smoke a cigarette and saw some sxe kids starting shit with some guy because he was drinking a beer, things escalated and the beer drinking dude got jumped. It's really becoming stupid.

Originally posted by rip

they were talking about sex drugs and drinking in the song and it said straight edge hardcore on the cover of the cd case.

something tells me you just didnt understand the context of the song. no one would call themselves straight edge, then have a song about getting fucked up. either they were mocking it, or perhaps even speaking out against it and you just didnt put 1 and 1 together... it would keep in line with your obvious lack of deductive reasoning skills shown here....

rip, you've not seen much...

hardcore used to be called hardcore punk, because of how it started in the early 80s. hardcore grew from punk. it was (is) faster, louder, and heavier than punk was at the time. you've probably heard of minorthreat. they were one of the first hardcore bands out, and they gave straight edge its name. make sense at all?

as for comparing hardcore to slayer, sorry kid, learn to listen more. hardcore is most often low talent crap, i still love it, dont get me wrong, but its just heavy fucking punk rock. metal however is talented like all hell. (of course there are exceptions, i know)

and if ya think about it, being straight edge is one of the most "punk" and "hardcore" things one could ever do. its taking a stance against the entire world's society.

whatever.

Guest LethalDosage
Originally posted by rip

and please believe im out of grade school and still meeting more people then you. doesnt it suck to still sleep in your mom's bed?

as clever as that was, really. please, you have ALOT to learn and see kiddo...

I always thought the term "hardcore" was kind of funny for SE music. Seems kinda like these kids wanna be good, but still sound like they're bad to be accepted.

Just my impressions.

Guest KING BLING

If you can't fuck, you can't drink, and you can't smoke of course you are gonna listen to some angst pumping loud pissed off music, you are fucking pissed.

I feel bad for straight edge people, most will grow out of being interesting not having any good stories to tell.

i have no problem with straightedge kids

and i love me some hardcore music

but the militant sxe shit is just dumb

i have every right to smoke a fucking cigarette, get some tang, or drink a beer as they have not to.

leave me the fuck alone bastards!

theyre the bible boppers of screaming

yeah i know a few SxE hardcore listeners, of course they tend to stay in on theyre computers or just go to work and then back home to the computer because well they're SxE and don't exactly party much, at least thats how the ones i know are.

Archived