stories about quitting jobs

serum

i have quit many many jobs in my 25 years of existence and through my 10 years of being active in the work force i'd like to hear some stories about quitting jobs. recently i quit my job that i've worked close to 7 years to get. nothing spectacular or anything i just woke up late and decided today is a nice day to go to the beach. i rode my bike through the forest went to the beach and just stared at the mountains. i got really drunk and took the train across the country and visited my friends. got a new job and returned home. during all this the gopher at work visted my house everyday for the past week. i think they thought i was dead. he left some really funny messages on my answering machine. told me he missed me and to please call the office. the boss is very worried. see you soon. when i got home i had no food so i went to the store only to run into two of the women from my studio. i just got into the line next to them like it was no big deal. they sent two guys to my house to talk to me but even with all my lights on music going i just ignored them.

this is a very modest way of quitting. in the past i've worked 4 years at a job that let me work 80 hours a week but never paid overtime. but i was leaving the country so i called the department of labor along with some pay stubs. i got a fat check and the boss was pissed.

another one i turned off all the water to the toilets in the restaurant and super glued them shut so no one could eat in a restaurant where there is no place to wash your hands and take a shit.

at food store i stole all the frozen overpriced vegatarian stuff and enough pasta to last me a year. i know someone has better stories than mine i'm not that much of an ass. have you even read this far? damn tv babies.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest sneak

i havent quit yet...im goin to soon. the keep saying i miss my shifts, but the fucked up thing is that they didnt tell me wen my shifts were.....hmmmm fuck that

Not really about quiting, kinda the inverse:

I was unemployed and trying to get unemployment benefit. I caught a great deal of shit about it because my ID (driver's licence) said birthplace: USA, and the bitch social worker felt I didn't deserve it (I am legally entitled - I am an Irish citizen). Anyway, once I cleared THAT up with the government, this bitch changes tack and claims I amn't "genuinely seeking work" and blocks benefit *again*. So I have the useless little yellow card that I can't draw the dole with.

Then I got a job

Before I went to the wellfare office to notify them, I tore the card into tiny bits and put it in a bag in my pocket. I went up the the desk and asked what was up with my claim. She snottily informs me *again* that "We feel you aren't genuinely seeking work, its terminated." "Ah," I say, "*we* are clearly missinformed. I have a job." I drop the bag on the desk. "And you can take your card back you jumped-up, pinko, biddying, civil servant, guilt merchant."

I felt great

the only job i had was at Target like 2 years ago. it was pretty cool, but i was allowed (forced) to leave instead of being "fired". why? cause i took way too much time off in my first 90 days.

i worked about one week total and took off at least two weeks. why? cause i was up here in jersey visiting my girl before we lived together.

werd.

Gave my two weeks the fucker kept running his mouth

i looked him square in the eye and said "SUCK MY COCK"

so i start to get changed in the "closet" they allowed us to change in and the faggot starts screaming while watching me change.I called him on to fight and was making lude remarks about his ugly daughter.

I didn't work for a year after that I couldn't get a recomadation.......

thanks for the good stories. come on are all you guys still getting money from mommy and daddy? lets hear some more stories.

okay i have another one. i worked at a swimming pool, so everyday in the morning i was in charge of opening two of the swimming pools within the park district. i would go in at 5 am open up the bathrooms and the pipe rooms and get it ready for the public by 10. i was in charge of the cleaning staff which consisted of the local hood rats around 15 16 years old. i really started hating my job so i figured fuck it lets milk this. so i gave the 15 year olds the keys to the facility including the concessions stand, coin lockers, and front office. i would then have them come in open the facilty by themselves, punch me in, steal most of the quarters from the lockers, and some junk food from the concession stand. i came in at 8 before other noncleaning staff arrived and get my share of the loot, then i'd let them leave 3 hours early and punch everyone out. fyi dont swim in public swimming pools they're really gross. imagine one big bathtub of neutralized piss with skin, blood, tampons, shit, and hair floating around in it. my kids will only be allowed to swim in the polluted oceans.

i just didin't show up ......and when they would call......i would say....."yeah i'm not showing up today" ....... it took them a couple of weeks to figure out i didin't work there anymore.....:rolleyes:

Archived