"Stop spraying graffiti. You have 15 seconds to comply."

Poop Man Bob

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/crime/sto...sp?story=443268

Robocop spy-cam speaks for itself

By Andrew Johnson

14 September 2003

It is the snooper that speaks before anyone has the chance to step out of line.

A cross between Big Brother and Robocop, it barks orders at would-be vandals, graffiti artists and drug users.

British Transport Police and two local authorities are experimenting with revolutionary cameras which can spot when people are not where they should be.

The Flash Cam 530 takes its photographs with an intense flash that can read a car number plate in the pitch dark from 100 yards, and then issues a stern 15-second Robocop-style spoken instruction to leave the area.

Steve Galinsky, who started importing the cameras from America in May, said: "We have seven on trial across the country. Easington Council in County Durham is using them to stop fly-tipping. We've had no prosecutions so far, but no fly-tipping either."

British Transport Police has three cameras, two standing guard at Worcester's Shrub Hill station and one in Leamington Spa station, to stop graffiti vandals.

There is another at the memorial site to the victims of last year's rail crash in Potters Bar. Would-be vandals are told: "This is a dedicated memorial site. Please leave now. Your photograph has been taken and may be used to prosecute you."

In Camden, north London, drug addicts hear: "Please leave now if you have no business in this area. Your photograph has been taken and if you are conducting an illegal activity you will be prosecuted."

Mr Galinsky said Scotland Yard was in discussions over the cameras being installed throughout London. Westminster Council is considering a trial in central London.

http://www.sciencefiction.com/movies/images/robocop.jpg'>

beep boop.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

nothing my trusty slingshot can't handle.:lick:

or just paint the front of it, or rip it down, put a bag over it, do a fillin under it, many many ways around such devices, i'd suggest tearing them down as much as possible, if the police see that as being something that costs more to fix than it catches, then they cant justify having them...can they?

I don't think scolding "fly-tippers" Robo-Cop style would be nearly as effective as a well-placed sniper round.

Robo-Cop: "Stop-fly-tipping-immediately. If-you-are-committing-an-illegal-act, you-will-be-prosecuted."

Fly-tipper: "Fook off, you fookin' fooker. Suck my dick, you fooking wanker! I don't obey some fookin' machine!"

Robo-Cop: BANG

Fly-tipper: "Ahhhh! Oh my God, he shot me! Sweet Jesus, I'm bleeding! Ma! Ma! Goddammit, that hurts!"

Robo-Cop: Leave-the-area-immediately. You are illegally-depositing-body-fluids-on-public-property-without-proper-authorization. This-is-is-a-Class-B-Misdemeanor."

Fly-tipper: "You FOOKING SOD robot! You've bleedin' SHOT me, you fook!"

Robo-Cop: BANG

Fly-tipper: "Ahhhh! Sweet Jesus, he fooking shot me AGAIN! I can't fookin' BELIEVE this shit! I'm going to call my fooking SOLICITOR!"

Robo-Cop: (click) "Prepare-to-receive-multiple-anti-personell-projectiles. Stand by! Four. Three. Two. . . RATATATATATATAT!"

Fly-tipper: "(Gurgle) Fook."

Silence.

Robo-Cop: "Leaving-deceased-mammals-on-public-property-is-a-Class-B-Misdemeanor. Please-remove-yourself."

ive seen these things behind the bowlin alley where i work......i think they use them to take pictures of the drunk polish guys that go there to pass out in the alley........everytime i dump garbage it always goes off....."stop, this is a restricted area, your picture has been taken, leave now"........needless to say it didnt work for very long....wink wink......now they took that shit down...........

Originally posted by diggity

or just paint the front of it, or rip it down, put a bag over it, do a fillin under it, many many ways around such devices, i'd suggest tearing them down as much as possible, if the police see that as being something that costs more to fix than it catches, then they cant justify having them...can they?

The only thing is, you have to know where the camera is, and if it's not one of those talking ones, I don't think it's gonna announce it's location to you.... but yes true, there's many many ways to duck out of a device's "digital reach".

Originally posted by the_gooch

if it is just a photo, then who cares? just wear a mask!

Ive been working long and hard and I'm finally ready to unleash my 'plate mask'. Snugg fitting, fits all US modle license plates, european modle coming soon!

If all goes well, I hope to have them available soon on 4THW.

5 hot colors to match your ride and a special Leopard print for the player in all of us. Hollaration my nation!!!

there are one of these on the path that i walk to my yard

it takes a picture and it says "this is the **** police, you are tresspassing and your picture has just been taken" then another picture is taken and it says "leave immediately the authorities have just been notified."

and only idiots would believe every time a motion detector that is outside goes off the "authorities" come.

Archived