Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

STOP IE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Mainter, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Mainter

Mainter Veteran Member

StopIE - Rid the web of Internet Explorer

Welcome to StopIE.com. We are dedicated to the removal of Internet Explorer as the most common browser on the web. There are many reasons for this.
    Internet Explorer's Main Problems

There are countless bugs in Internet Explorer, but here are the main reasons to choose a free alternative.

* Prone to viruses and worms
    * Renders pages incorrectly. Web designers then need to spend extra time working so that pages work in Internet Explorer. This puts costs up, and slows the web down.
    * Doesn't let people resize certain text sizes. This means those with poor sight cannot read small text on many sites.
    * Far slower program than other web browsers
    * Far larger program than other web browsers
    * Isn't as user-centric as other web browsers. It lacks many handy features such as tabbed browsing and integrated search
    * Doesn't support PNG images properly

Alternatives to Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer is the worst major browser. There are a number of free alternatives available. These alternatives are standards compliant, i.e. they conform to international standards. Internet Explorer is not standards compliant, and thus renders pages wrongly.

On the alternatives to Internet Explorer page, we outline many superior competitors, all of which are free or have free versions. These are Mozilla Firefox, K-Meleon, Mozilla, Opera, Camino and Safari.
    Microsoft responding?

Microsoft have announced 'IE7' will be available in the summer (Beta). Security fixes are expected, given MS' recent bad press in this area, but few expect Microsoft to fix web standards issues in Internet Explorer, or IE's accesibility problems.

Some only expect a similar update to Service Pack 2 (which fixed a number of very serious vulnerabilities).

Maybe some handy features will be adopted from alternative browsers, but no-one is holding their breath.
    Play your part - StopIE

Change browser, encourage your friends and family to do the same. You may also consider helping to translate the site

2. nuyorican

nuyorican Junior Member

chill doggie
    what do you have to make the title in all caps like its urgent and shit... and this sounds like your advertising.BANNED

3. richard_vagina

richard_vagina Member

i agree whole heartedly.
    internet explorer is pure evil.

4. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

5. Mainter

Mainter Veteran Member

6. MR BOJANGLES

MR BOJANGLES Guest

I didn't know people still actually use it period.

7. geezpot

geezpot Elite Member

IE can't be that bad if its the most commonly used browser.

:rolleyes: <this emoticon best describes the above statement

8. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

My computer would go bonkers acouple years ago whenever I got on the internet. Always finding viruses and shit on it. I switched to firefox and havent had a problem yet...

9. MR BOJANGLES

MR BOJANGLES Guest

This emoticon is how my butt feels sometimes... :hatred:

10. Mainter

Mainter Veteran Member

its the mosty common used browser because its for you common users that do not know any better thats what im trying to get through peoples heads

also theres other Operating Systems besides Windows To
    for people who do not know this

11. ^ . ^

^ . ^ Dirty Dozen Crew

i use opera. no worries.

12. nuyorican

nuyorican Junior Member

you remember great hits like something something bojangles.

13. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

no i won't stop using it.

hippy

14. mackfatsoe

mackfatsoe Veteran Member

[​IMG]

15. Mainter

Mainter Veteran Member

no i won't stop using it.

hippy
    [post=4214489]Quoted post[/post]​