Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

stones throw 8-tracks anyone?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by sectorTVA, May 21, 2002.

1. sectorTVA

sectorTVA Senior Member

dont know if you guys seen these yet.
    http://www.stonesthrow.com/records/8tracks/index.html
    The Offer

Choose any 8 tapes for one penny plus shipping and handling. Print and fill out our order form, and return it to Stones Throw Records 8 Track Offer, 2658 Griffith Park Blvd. #504, Los Angeles CA 90039-2520 USA, with a check or money order payable to Stones Throw Records. Supplies are extremely limited and subject to availability. Another funny this is that they aren't even guaranteed to play. If they do play, it's not with Stones Throw music. But they sure look good, and they're very limited. Shipping and handling for 8 selections is $159.00 USD. Residents of Canada and Mexico please add 1¢ (one penny) per selection. This offer is not valid in the state of Wyoming, in Puetro Rico, Guam, or outside the United States of America, with the exception of Canada and Mexico. Residents of Canada and Mexico add 1 ¢ USD (one penny) per tape selection. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. For more information, comments, or questions, please contact info@stonesthrow.com

i found the faq to be quite humorous also.
    http://www.stonesthrow.com/records/8tracks/FAQ.html

Q: Are you guys serious?
    A: Pretty much.

Q: Do these things actually play?
    A: Sometimes. But they don't necessarily play any Stones Throw music. We can't guarantee they'll play at all though. 8-track tapes are pretty damn old. But they look great with Stones Throw covers!

Q: Is'nt the shipping and handling price kind of high?
    A: You mean you really expected them for 1¢?

Q: I'm a confused little badger - are these things real or not?
    A: Of course they're real - to look at and impress your friends. Although if you want to listen to the music, we'd recommend buying the selections on CD or vinyl at www.sandboxautomatic.com

Q: Is it true what you say about 8-track tapes being the highest quality format for music?
    A: Well, my grandpa thinks so, and if I were to disagree with him I'd be disrespecting my elders. Los Angeles studio engineer Gene Grimaldi thinks that Edison cylinder records are the most "accurate" format. We don't have any Stones Throw cylinder records yet.

2. dai

dai Senior Member

what a bargain!

3. Zack Morris

Zack Morris Veteran Member

whenb I was cleaning my room last night I found my johnny cash 8-tracks.

4. platapie

platapie Guest

is it legit? cause it seems as tho alot fo those are fake.