STOCKTIPS OR PIECING CAPS?

jedifive nyc

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i really don't see any need for different caps... rusto fats and german jumbos are nice when you want speed on yer side, but otherwise they're pretty pointless. thicker/thinner lines can be made just from how far you hold the can from the wall, and super thin lines get lost in a piece... i've had some fun screwing around with different caps, and i have a lot of different ones, but i've never pieced with them...

different caps can be damn fun for tags tho...

Guest Can you sign my book???

Ive seen a huge difference between caps...Rusto orange middles are the shit...Rusto in the states rules everything...The only color euros ever sweat is Summer Squash, the old ones at least...They have the advantage in the paint department, and maybe in the crazy department too, but thats a different arguement...German fat caps are good for huge tags, other than that useless in the states...Except for filling in shit...German thins for piecing I hated too...Too much variety in line if youre not carefull...German thins have been allright in bombing because they can spray wide if used far from surface...New York fats have to be broken in, and they only really work with Krylon, and that shit sucks for bombing for the most part...Ultra flat black and a new New York cap for me personally is tooooo wide, it has to be used and clogged a littled for it to be really usefull...For me, in the end its either New York thins, or Rusto orange middles......My experience...

it all depends on what you're doing....obviously if you're outlining a sick pice your going to use something thin.....just because you probably know you'll fuck up using a stock....if you're filling fats are always nice but you can get away with using a stock...for bombing it's straight up stocks...no doubt about it....and for tagging it's all personal preference....i usually tag stock or ny thins...just what i like :dazed:

Guest Ted Wakowski
Originally posted by jedifive nyc

the belief by many that if you use anything other than stocks to outline that you're losing the true essence of "pure" graffiti.

That's ridiculous.

Stocks, thins, fats, etc. make no difference -- it's how they're utilized.

"Pure" graffiti is in the work, not the materials.

Guest Driftin Mind
Originally posted by jedifive nyc

thats not really what i was asking guys....i was more or less reffering to the belief by many that if u use anything other than stocks to outline that you loosing the true essence of "pure" graffiti.

"Pure" graffiti is just that, graffiti. It doesnt matter what kind of caps you use or even what type of paint. It only matters how you apply the paint...and writers used fat caps even in the 70's, and few would argue that writers like Dondi, Seen or cope didnt do pure graffiti because they used caps other then stock...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Canadiano

German fats? I wouldn't wanna buy or rack paint every other day just to keep up. That shit sounds like a jet engine when you spray.

• 2 weeks later...

its all a matter of taste, personaly when im out, i have a few new york thins(they clog up)a new york fat, and if im in a hurry a german fat, but i find germans too unpredictable and inconsistant on amarican paint, but every once and a wile i can get my hands on some montana(belive the hype about this stuff, but its way too expencive here) then its germans all the way. as far as stocks go, there alright if you know what your doing, but your never going to get a super clean line like NY thins. BUT the caps dont make the piece, you do.

Guest eessee

true in the sence where it all depends on what skill you got but each writer has his or her ways of getting the job done... like i met this kid who would finish the piece and go back after words with the brush and paint the brush and add little touches that made a hella diffrence and its just the time and effort you really put into it... like you can do a piece with fats or u can do a piece with thins it all depends on you... or hey at least it does to me...:confused:

Archived