STICKERS 101

levbot>>>LTP

alright, i make a rediculous amount of stickers, like 30 a day, then go put them in crazy ass places. I have put together a little guide on making them for all you newbies to the art, it is really fun.

=====================

GETTING STICKERS:

UPS- the best spots to get stickers are, of course, the UPS stickers. but not everybody can get those, like people in the UK and in places where UPS stickers are only used by toys.

Factory- You can look in your phonebook and find companies that manufacture stickers, even if the factory is hours away, it is worth it. go into their recycling/trash, and you will find THOUSANDS OF SHEETS of "defective" stickers, usually they just have a smudge on them, and they throw them out. that can get you enough stickers to last a year or so if you go at a good time.

Others- At stores, you can find permanent labels in almost every size and form, and nice little 25 packs for a few bucks. just bring a knife to the store and slit them open, and slip the blank stickers in your pocket. if they search you and find blank stickers, they gewt really confused and will probabaly let you go.

=========================

PENS:

this is how you spot a toy: a sticker with the writing hella faded because he used a shitty sticker pen.

Good pens: Deco-color pens rock at this.. they roll really smooth, and last longer than the sticker itself. BLACK sharpies also work, but marks-a-lot pens are better, and last longer. just use common sense, don't waste good krink on a sticker that might get ripped off the next day by some do-gooder.

Bad Pens: Prismacolor pens look hella fine, but fade in days, especially in summer, tavura nailed it when he said that they fade like hell in summer conditions. colored sharpies have the exact same effect, i was really dissapointed to see a sticker i worked hard on literally dissepear off the sticker in the blazing hot summer. use common sense with pens, if it dosen't work well on a wall, it will do the same, if not worse, on a sticker. also, do not use really good ink (like krink or price marking ink), it's just stupid.

==========================-============

STYLE

here's the deal, nothing pisses a writer more than seeing some shitty piece on a little sticker next to his work. so only do throws, handstyles, or characters... try doing some simple household object, those are the coolest. seeing a thermostat sticker is so fucking awesome. if you cannot piece, then don't. not sure if you can? then post it here, and prepare to get grilled.

try cutting you stickers to the outline of your throw or character, you will look more professional. also, add a backgound, because most things you put them on will be light shades, so a nice dark color in the background really makes it stand out.

=================

GETTING UP

getting up with stickers is simple. make about 50 wallet-sze ones, and wherever you go, just unstick them, put them on your palm, and casually rest your hand on an object. when you get home, put them in you wallet. when you run out, make 50 more. do not try to look cool by "slapping it" you will just end up with a red palm, a wrinkled sticker, and some old retard chasing you down the street.

Height: the higher, the better. last halloween, i was hella drunk and put 30 stickers in a line on the white crosswalk lines. they stuck hella well due to cars going over them, but lost hella respect. so climb a tree, and put you shit as high up. make sure it is big enough writing to read from below, and if you see a special circumstance to put up a high sticker (like a ladder or some crates) then put it on hella high, so when the ladder is gone people will see a random sticker 30 feet up and scratch their heads.

A monkey: if you have a friend or sibling who seems like he can climb like fuck, give him a quarter and tell them to put a sticker up on top of a sign. works like a charm. I have a little friend who can climb everthing. I pay him 25 cents for each sticker over 20 feet up.

=================================================

FINAL WORDS OF ADVICE

Toys suck. don't be a douche and end up putting 30 stickers in one block, then, no matter how cool the stickers are, you will be labeled a toy. stickers are hella easier than pen on wall shit, so you have no exuse for covering a lot of ground.

Also, ACTUALLY TAG! don't just put up stickers of your tag and expect to be a king. in fact, you might want to consider going on a few bombs before putting up stickers, so people will realize you are actually a seriuos writer. stickers have a subculture, but are still graffiti, and you are not a real tagger if you don't have tags, this is common sense. Don't get into trouble, and realize that people realy do not give a shit. maybe people who see you putting a sticker on the sin outside their house, but cars WILL NOT STOP, so don't be a pussy about putting them up right in front of heavy traffic. in fact, i encourage it.

if you are wondering f your sticker has enought style to be put up, POST IT HERE. the denziens of 12oz may be a little harsh, but they're usually right, most people are toys, so dont whine like a little emo bitch, just suck it up, go into the sticker threads, get some more information and inspiritaion (but don't bite, of course, just get the style down) and practice some more.

================================================

I hope this guide helps you.... thanks ppl for helping me get idea, and the people in the sticker help thread for helping me compile some data. any other shit, my AIM is robfanmail

made by : Net ~~> BERKELEY 510

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by levbot>>>LTP@Dec 1 2005, 11:01 PM

i walk a mile home every day, and there are about 7 different routes i can take, all that are on major streets (telegraph, shattuck...)

oh, ok. good

:rolleyes:

free blank stickers:

USPS:

If you go to the usps store on the internet, you need to be a member but thats just a couple minutes of your time. you can make an order up to 500 labels maximum. if you want to make them last, there are these clear thing that looks like this:

form2976e_d.jpg

on the back of these, there is a thin clear sticky thing like lamenate. you'll have to cut around the edges to get only the clear stuff because it's part of the clear pouch thing. once you cut around the edges you'll have the clear sticky thing. these a pain to work with because its thin and it's sticky and once it touches paper or another part of the clear thing it's not comming off.

DHL

Another good site is the DHL site, you don't have to be a member and when you order, your blanks could come at you door step the next day. the site doesn't show what the stickers look like, but the ones i've used is the Saturday Delivery Sticker(the orange reddish color stickers, smaller than the usps label, maximum amount is 75 stickers), Next Day 10:30 Sticker(bright green stickers, smaller than the Saturday delivery ones, maximum amount 75 stickers), and the WebShip/CorporateShip Label(they come in full sheets, but only half of it is the sticker, maximum amount 50 stickers)

Making them:

Hand drawn stickers are self explanitory and levbot pretty much covered everything about what kind of markers to use. But heres how I make my stickers(printed peices of paper glued on to labels)

outlet2.jpg

an opportunity to promote them(I'm also the one that makes the awesome thermostat stickers mentioned in the guide).

You'll need:

1. Paper with your design on it(cut into individual peices)

1. Labels(i mainly use the USPS ones)

2. Adhesive spray(any spray would do)

3. A well ventilated area.

4. A cardboard box, or something to pevent making the ground sticky.

5. And some skissors :biglaugh:

What you do is lay one label(or many) on the cardboard and with the adhesive, spray the label(s) with a decent amount of glue. Then put your individually cut papers onto the the label(note: my stickers are smaller than the usps labels, make sure that your design doesn't go off the label). Then let the glue dry for maybe 15-20 minutes. then comback with your skissors and cut them out. Viola! your stickers have been made... Take a picture of them, post it up in the NEW STICKER THREAD, or the Sticker Collector Trades thread and hope that someone likes them and wants to trade with you. Also put some up in your city and take a picture of them to put in the Street Sticker Thread.

I think that's all i have to say... Questions, comments?

durin the winter i get savagely bored in the eveing, and just make fuck loads of stickers, when i broke my ankle i made 3000 in 3 days, although i never get to stick them up i suppose its just habit,

Anyways ive used all my usps ones up, any one wanna trade or sell some, i got paypal if that helps.

I also have so uniqely uk ones, just giimme a pm.

This is how I make my shit..

I start with a box of this labels (From Office Depot)..They run for bout $30, if you are into buyin your supplies...100 labels, whole sheets= Good Shit

Box.jpg

I make a copy of my sketch and reduce it by 50% or a bit less...So I can have 6 fit in one page (More if you want)..Obviously you are going to print a few copies and cut em and paste em in a blank sheet..You will end up with sum like this...

Page.jpg

Now get in the paper tray and put in bout 50 of them labels..Print em and Boo Yaaa..You got your self sum stickers...Tricky part is Cuttin them fukers..I have one of them paper cutters so I just slide a few sheets and thats it...100 sheets x 6 Each= 600 stickers...

Labels.jpg

My girls hooks me up but I try not to be greedy..But anytime I want sum, she kooks me up (In every sence of the word HA !..lol)..But on the serious note I got a few boxes of this shit...

Boxes.jpg

Hope this helped sum of you folks...Peace...

PS..Go really simple..Throw up, tag..No pieces doe..Since you are making it smaller it looses detail.....

i ordered 500 purolator stickers and they came in like 5 days but they are kinda crammed with stuff already on them:

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

i cant order usps stickers though since i live in Canada, but i was thinkin bout ordering some DHL ones, can someone post a pic of them and tell me how to get an account number so i can sign up to get them?

Originally posted by steez@Dec 16 2005, 02:34 PM

i ordered 500 purolator stickers and they came in like 5 days but they are kinda crammed with stuff already on them:

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

i cant order usps stickers though since i live in Canada, but i was thinkin bout ordering some DHL ones, can someone post a pic of them and tell me how to get an account number so i can sign up to get them?

with those, just get a fat black pen and make the whole thing pitch black, then write your tag in white out or a paint pen ( I reccomend white terra cotta pens, sold at most hobby and gardening shops)

Originally posted by levbot>>>LTP@Dec 17 2005, 05:01 PM

with those, just get a fat black pen and make the whole thing pitch black, then write your tag in white out or a paint pen ( I reccomend white terra cotta pens, sold at most hobby and gardening shops)

Yeah or you can also use a flat black spray can..get one of them Walmart Flats, so you dont have to waste a perfect Krylon..And use a Silver paint pen..Nice bright shit..

Levbot, PLEASE dont quote pictures that are just posted right above you..thanx dog..

i went to another site about stickers. and i ran into someone talking about using the self adhesive floor tiles from the hardware store. they're like 70 cents each. i think i'm gonna mess with those for a bit now.

Here's how you order stickers from usps, note that you have to sign up as a member to order:

1. Once you get to the site, there should be a table called shipping tools, and in there it should say supplies click on that.

2.Click on Priority Mail...

3.Go to the third page, and you should find it...

if you have stickers that aren't blank, just lay them on the floor in a tiled fashion and spraypaint them, let them dry, and then do your thing on them. instead of using just one color to paint them, try fading different colors or even splashing some contrasting paint over them after painting it a solid color.