Stephen Zunes (ZOO-NIS)

Ifyoudon'tknow . . . mutherfucker is one smart dude. I am not going to miss anymore of the Alternative Radio broadcasts on the Middle East. My man tore the government's policies this week, well actually it was taped Oct. 19th in Oregon. But who would have thought that everyone in the entire government could have the wool pulled about something so important to our well being and safety (the most "liberal" liberal Democrats and Patrick Buchannon included)! What is corporate america going to do for us next? Do you know we are sending more in arms to Israel now than in 1970, when they were at war? Just one of the interesting tidbits dropped in this weeks episode. And Saudi Arabia . . . we're supporting a repressive totalitarian government with ammo and training to keep democracy from ever rearing it's ugly head in the name of oil. Um, kind of shocking. If you're reading this and saying to yourself this is all old news, i don't have a photographic memory. Is this what you want your government to be doing? Makes me SICK. No more arms for the middle east.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest BROWNer

in the grand scheme of things, nobody is comin' out clean.

yea, its old news....i've pretty much resigned myself to the fact

that shit is goin' down the tubes bigtime. maybe not in the next

few years, maybe not in the next 50, but eventually........buh-bye.

whattya gonna do?

fucked if i know.

i'm just gonna sit here with my

girl, have some close encounters of

the best kind, drink some booze and

fuck everyone's head over with my graffiti

nihilism.......

At the same time there should be something we can do. Stephen Zunes said the only thing that we can do is go down to our local congressman's office and strap ourselves to the doors or bikerack or what have you and refuse to leave until you get arrested. I feel the need to do something, and hey I'm single so the only person I'll be hurting is my parents (not hippies, just artsy), and my sibling, who's kind of with me in thought but couldn't really do that I don't think, but maybe just needs me to go first.

You can obtain a copy through www.alternativeradio.com but there is noting on line. I think he's a prof at SFState, or USF, he's prolly got some books out. That's the trouble with public radio, shit only gets played once then they charge you, but hell, it's for a good cause I guess. Only other thing to check out, and I've never tried it, is find a streaming internet PRR sight ? ? ? anyone?

A few more of the things he was talking about, but maybe was Jimmy Carter talking, I heard him too, earlier: 600 people detained, G. Bush says they are free to talk to anyone when questioned why they (the media) hasn't heard from anybody actually detained. Some people's families have obtained legal representation who have spent WEEKS looking for thier clients who've apparently disappeared out of the penal system. Lies (I'm sure some might be wary of the media in a time like this, but of thier own lawyers?). What else, Al Queda, the devil enemy in this war, their first act of terrorism was against U. S. sponsored training camps in Saudi Arabia, training camps aimed to keep totalitarian regime alive (prevent democracy). And alot more cool facts. I'm telling you this man is the shit. You can at least go to the website to find out when the next lecture will be aired, the first two were phenomenal, Zinn, Zunes.

Archived