stephen kings THE DARK TOWER books

johnny

to give a little intro to the stories...

the story begins in the middle of things, with roland deschain of gilead, the last gunslinger of a world that has moved on, pursuing the man in black across and almost timeless desert landscape. catching his enigmatic, half-human antagonist is only a first step for roland on his way to the dark tower where he hopes that the quickening destruction of mid-world and the slow breaking of the beams may be halted or even reversed. the tower is roland's obsession, his grail, his only reason for living when we meet him. but the quest that is his destiny (ka) cannot be undertaken alone, nor solely in the gunslingers world.

in the course of the tales of the tower we discover that there are many doors between roland's world and our won, and that the two worlds perhaps all worlds are related in fundamental and terrible ways. the first of these links is revealed in the the gunslinger when jake chambers, a boy from the new york city of 1977, meets roland at a desert way station, then falls away from him in the mountains that separate the desert from the western sea. in the drawing of the three, the connection becomes inescapable, as roland tumbles through doorway to new york in three different whens, drawing back in mid-world a young man, eddie dean from 1987, and a yound woman, odetta holmes from 1964, who are bound to share rolands ka as fellow gunslingers. in the waste lands they discover the path of the beam known as shardik the maturin, bear to turtle, and roland knows that at the midpoint of that path stands the dark tower. in the new york of 1977, jake chambers' world, a single red rose rises in the rubble of a vacant midtown lo. one must be protected to save the other.

why this is so, much depends on it, what malign and maniacal forces are arrayed against roland and his ka-tet, how destiny itself unfolds along the path of the beam and down a stretch of second avenue in new york city, at the cradle of lud and thunderclap and even a smalll town in main. this is the story of the dark tower, and the books tell it.

i'm on book 4 - wizards and glass and i'm fucking strapped to this bitch like crack cocaine on a dead hooker. these books are like crack and thankfully S.K. finished writing them all. the 5th book ought to be out this month and the last two will be out within a year+.

http://www.stephenking.com/DarkTower/flash...index.html#move

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest im not witty

i was always a king fan in highschool, but these were the only books of his i never got into, not that i ever read any of them, they just looked too fantastical...like some science fiction shit.(yea yea books and covers and blah blah) i havent read any of his books in years anyway.

i do like some of that art though

that forth book was the best, atleast since the first one, i definately get that crack cocaine simile. i had no idea he was coming out with book 5 this month, thanks for the heads up. one thing though, i thought there were 12 books in the series. two other king books you ought to read if you like these are eyes of the dragon and the talisman. i don't read much fantasy either, but i love what i have read. i picked up neil gaiman's last adult book because of king's rec on the cover, that man can do some fantasy. any other suggestions in this realm?

Originally posted by SteveAustin

holy shit....he finally finished writing them! I read all the books that were out something like 10 years ago and couldn't wait for him to finish them. I'm definitely going to have to go back and re-read them.

yeap, i re-started them over the summer. i'm halfway on #4 and i ought to be done by the time the next one pops. hard parts gonna be having to wait for that last couple to drop.

i've read eyes of the dragon but not talisman. i'll have to pick that one up. i've put away a shitload of dean koontz books too. he's always got some jerked plotline that has me tearing thru his stuff as well.

Archived