stencilopolous. new stencil THRead

apex

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

From tonight:

DSC00061.jpg

DSC00062.jpg

DSC00063.jpg

DSC00064.jpg

DSC00065.jpg

Yes, it was 30 degrees out tonight so hence the sloppy first one (that and was rushed/put too much paint too close to it :| - probably gonna redo it - cover the area in black and have a silver one.) If you haven't noticed what it is, spy vs spy w/a bomb in his hand.

i gotta apply some constructive criticism here

im gonna be harsh because SEL just got ripped a new asshole, and i really like his style... so i'm a little (=very) frustrated with this board. now...

besides being really simple, most of these stencil sprays just suck for 3 reasons:

1 - overspray looks really bad (you guys are graff writers, use some can control)

2 - underspray looks really bad (hold that stencil down, or use spray adhesive)

3 - cuts are really dirty, subjects are really played out, and none of these look pleasing to the eye (with the exception of Destruction by Definition's).

Individual nitpicks-

High Priest, what the fuck is this?

42733006_l.jpg

i honestly cant tell. looks like it might be something from star wars. you need to be selective in what you cut, and only cut what needs to be, so that the audience can understand the image.

geist, can control, brotha!

DSC00061.jpgDSC00063.jpg

drips, nasty. i'd be embarassed. silver paint, nasty. overspray like CRAZY with that silver. seriously guys, it's not hard to just depress that cap on your can. do short bursts instead of long strokes. do light layers instead of heavy shit causing drips.

i hope that was helpfully critical enough.

oh i cant wait for the flames.

"lets see some of ur shit, pussy...." bla bla bla

[edit] lol i just noticed high preist has over 4400 posts. oh boy i cant wait for those flames.

Originally posted by samurai@Dec 31 2004, 10:23 AM

im gonna be harsh because SEL just got ripped a new asshole, and i really like his style... so i'm a little (=very) frustrated with this board. now...

42733006_l.jpg

i honestly cant tell. looks like it might be something from star wars. you need to be selective in what you cut, and only cut what needs to be, so that the audience can understand the image.

[edit] lol i just noticed high preist has over 4400 posts. oh boy i cant wait for those flames.

Flames? Why so - you made some valid points, why would i sit here and argue with you over something that is totally valid (And how exactly does post count factor into that?). First, i agree with the image you brought up, that was used once and then tossed - and actually because i had drawn the design very poorly having confused negatives and positives.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by samurai@Dec 31 2004, 06:23 AM

besides being really simple, most of these stencil sprays just suck for 3 reasons:

1 - overspray looks really bad (you guys are graff writers, use some can control)

2 - underspray looks really bad (hold that stencil down, or use spray adhesive)

3 - cuts are really dirty, subjects are really played out, and none of these look pleasing to the eye (with the exception of Destruction by Definition's).

Individual nitpicks-

42733006_l.jpg

geist, can control, brotha!

DSC00061.jpgDSC00063.jpg

drips, nasty. i'd be embarassed. silver paint, nasty. overspray like CRAZY with that silver. seriously guys, it's not hard to just depress that cap on your can. do short bursts instead of long strokes. do light layers instead of heavy shit causing drips.

Yea, I know. However the only responses I can give are: it was freezing out, the one that dripped like a motherfucker was in a very well-lit, comonly traveled area, and I was rushed. And with the silver one it's hard NOT to have over-spray. The way the stencil was made leaves barely any area around it to catch the spray.

There'll be other better ones. I already have a 3 1/4'x4' wood stencil piece that I'm working on adding the finishing touches to with paint pen.

They suck yea, but they're a start.