Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

'Steal This Book' by Abbie Hoffman

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by dai, May 6, 2002.

1. dai

dai Senior Member

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/dai/stbabbeyhoffman.jpg'>

A classic of counterculture literature and one of the most influential and controversial-documents of the twentieth century, [i]Steal This Book[/i] is as valuable today as the day it was published. It has been in print continuously for more than three decades, and it has educated and inspired countless thousands of young activists.

Conceived as an instruction manual for radical social change,
    [i]Steal This Book[/i] is divided into three sections--Survive! Fight! and Liberate! Ever wonder how to start a guerrilla radio station? Or maybe you want to brush up on your shoplifting techniques. Perhaps you're just looking for the best free entertainment in New York City.

Packed with information, advice, and Abbie's unique outlaw wisdom, [i]Steal This Book[/i] is a timeless reminder that, no matter what the struggle, freedom is always worth fighting for.

I picked this up at Barnes & Nobles today searching through the Cultural Science section. After I flipped through a few pages, I was sure I wanted it, and was on my way with it. It's great, i've only got into a few sections, but it's packed with stuff you're not going to find in the library. How to fight, how to steal, planting, buying & selling, ways to get all sorts of free stuff, etc etc. Check it out, it's definately worth your money...or you're uh..yeah.

2. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie Elite Member

it's an awesome book, although alot of it is very outdated... there's still enough in there that still works to make it worth-while tho...

3. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

sounds cool, ill buy it. I dont steal.

4. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

"dave, im gonna race him.."
    all i could do was look at him and say,
    "well nigga, sometimes you gotta race!"

5. vinyl junkie

also it has the best how-to for molotov cocktails anywhere... no drips and flames all over your hands, and you can keep it capped so it doesn't spill during transportation or throwing... good book

6. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

"Sprinkle some crack on him johnson, and lets get out of here"

7. vinyl junkie

:lol:

8. Zack Morris

Zack Morris Veteran Member

did you steal that book or pay for it?

9. SCAGNETTI

SCAGNETTI New Jack

the book is cool but mad outdated, none of those scams work these days, good read, content no longer functional

10. vinyl junkie

there's a lot of it that isn't outdated...
    the few that i can think of offhand are the list of foreign curency that has coins the same size as our coins (some of them are outdated, yes, but some of them are still available), and the trick involving the the payphone cord and a safety pin (although you now need wire cutters too) still work... there's a lot more too...

11. omone

omone Member

my friend stole my copy
    what a jerk!

12. Kanedigital

Kanedigital Junior Member

13. greedy mars

greedy mars Guest

sounds like such a good book.. anyone want to send me there copy..

14. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

15. Raw fish

Raw fish Member

I had that book, but guess what... someone stole it from me, before I even got to finish reading it...