Steal this album!

S@T@N

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by S@T@N

This is a HOT cd. System of a Down hasn't let me down yet...

Anyone else like them/have this cd? If you like them, get it.

If you don't, listen to someone elses. It's pretty cool.

YOU SAID IT ALL, SYSTEM OF A DOWN IS THE SHIT. THEY HAVE'NT LET ME DOWN EITHER. I HAD TO GET THAT SHIT THE FIRST DAY IT CAME OUT, AND I'VE BEEN ROCKIN' OUT WITH IT EVER SINCE. HOORAY FOR S.O.A.D!!

Guest KING BLING

STEAL THIS BOOK

By Abbie Hoffman

STEAL THIS BOOK

INTRODUCTION

It's perhaps fitting that I write this introduction in jail- that graduate school of survival. Here you learn how to use toothpaste as glue, fashion a shiv out of a spoon and build intricate communication networks. Here too, you learn the only rehabilitation possible-hatred of oppression.

Steal This Book is, in a way, a manual of survival in the prison that is Amerika. It preaches jailbreak. It shows you where exactly how to place the dynamite that will destroy the walls. The first section-SURVIVE!-lays out a potential action program for our new Nation. The chapter headings spell out the demands for a free society. A community where the technology produces goods and services for whoever needs them, come who may. It calls on the Robin Hoods of Santa Barbara Forest to steal from the robber barons who own the castles of capitalism. It implies that the reader already is "ideologically set," in that he understands corporate feudalism as the only robbery worthy of being called "crime," for it is committed against the people as a whole. Whether the ways it describes to rip-off shit are legal or illegal is irrelevant. The dictionary of law is written by the bosses of order. Our moral dictionary says no heisting from each other. To steal from a brother or sister is evil. To not steal from the institutions that are the pillars of the Pig Empire is equally immoral.

Community within our Nation, chaos in theirs; that is the message of SURVIVE!

We cannot survive without learning to fight and that is the lesson in the second section. FIGHT! separates revolutionaries from outlaws. The purpose of part two is not to fuck the system, but destroy it.

i love this album as well. i got it the first day it came out and its basically all thats been playing in my stereo. i was kinda dissapointed that marmalade wasnt on the album though.....that would make it better. but nonetheless i am really glad they put out all their unreleased stuff. im just hoping that they take all these songs on the road soon.

Archived