Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Stay one

Discussion in 'Paper Chase' started by albinomonkey, May 16, 2004.

1. albinomonkey

albinomonkey Member

wassup guys, changed name , to many people at school and parents know about my old one (systm) anyways here are some sketches ..critique appreciated.. latez

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00391622f00000051.jpg'>
    [img]http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00391622f00000052.jpg'>
    [img]http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00391622f00000053.jpg'>
    [img]http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00391622f00000054.jpg'>
    [img]http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00391622f00000055.jpg'>
    [img]http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00391622f00000056.jpg'>

oh yeah i'll be painting soon , :p , and yes i suck at outlining and doing 3d shadows. i have to work on that. anyways please leave feedback

2. Yellow Feets

Yellow Feets Senior Member

Sorry to break your "wee-little" heart but, change yor goddamn name. STAYHIGH149. Just think of something else, original names aren't that hard to think of...

Ummm... Your sketches aren't good. I'm too tired to drop info and advice and whatever. Maybe tomorrow.

peace!

3. albinomonkey

albinomonkey Member

sorry to break it to ya, but i asked for critique not how my sketches arn't that good. and yeah there is a stay high 149, but thats not stay one. just don't reply to this

later

4. Yellow Feets

Yellow Feets Senior Member

Fine.

You're dope.

Happy?

Edited*
    Look. I'm not trying to come off as an ass. I'm just saying maybe you should change your name because you could run into some beef if not. But it all depnds on how hard you push. If you barely go out and paint, you won't find your shit buffed or dissed. Everyone goes through the name game. I've changed my name from MEAl to MELK to AMEK to AHEM to AMEND and now AEUDI. (Crazy, I know) I didn't whine or cry or even got pissed when people suggested that I should change my name. I respect the other writers that had the name before me. It's all about respect...

And as for the comments on your sketches, well... I already said what I said. You're doing the same thing as SLYDE. Your letters are all "bubbly". Sort of like a throwup. If you want to continue in that style, try to make your letters easier to read. Don't overlap and twist shit. (What I mean by twist shit I mean don't make the width of one side of a letter much larger than the opposite side) I can't really say much from those sketches... But to make it easier for other people to drop advice... Would you mine droppping a simple?

I just want to see how good your simples are.

Uhh... I'll stop here.

5. mr.VIRS

mr.VIRS Member

dumb fuck and the tag looks just the same as his
    now how is dissing a wel know writer and biting his name?
    albino cock

6. 972...

972... Junior Member

Keep it simple.

My opinion.

7. why write?

why write? Veteran Member

dont overlap...go more simple, pick up the pencil and sketch more often, EVERYDAY! if you want to improve that is....it seems as if you only practice once every month..like my boy said to me once...keep it simple stupid

8. GnomeToys

GnomeToys Elite Member

You definitely need to find some uglier colors of markers. Also, your handstyle needs about 4 more arrows, another halo, 8 stars, a cloud, and some more quotation marks to be cool.

9. AORAone

AORAone Veteran Member

and an "!" at the end with an "x" off to the top of the side.duh, everyone knows that.:lol:

10. albinomonkey

albinomonkey Member

11. PAID:one

PAID:one Member

If you're gonna start painting soon, I'd stick to the chillest of spots if I were you. You're definitley not ready for the street, where you'll get dissed instantly if you're not developed.

Unless you live in a one horse (writer) town.

If you're cool people than only a complete dick will fuck with you.

Practice more.
    The second one is the only one I'm kind of feelling.
    Make sure your stuff is readable and dont overlap your letters unless the letter can be made out easily by the reader.

Readable letters get read by a larger audience. Keep it simple and reserve your markers for your best outlines.

yup.

12. InDY_500

InDY_500 Veteran Member

Much agreed sir.....You definetly know what your doing but stay simple and eventually youll get to that point where youll be able to go a lil more complex.....not bad work though....Keep practicing, practicing, practicing.......
    Good Luck.....

13. albinomonkey

albinomonkey Member

thank you all for the comments, im going to post up some more sketches today

14. rize415

rize415 Senior Member

15. Propaganda

Propaganda Guest

You do know that lang hand steez looks very familiar amigo?