State-mandated “Sexual Brainwashing” Begins in California Schools

McLovin

Just thought this was an interesting topic .. good or bad? what do you think, should they teach this in schools?? What will the outcome will be? pros vs. cons .. GO!

State-mandated “Sexual Brainwashing” Begins in California Schools

Written by Michael Tennant

Friday, 06 January 2012 11:00

Students in California public schools may not be leading the nation in their knowledge of the “three R’s,” but they are well on their way to being experts in deviant lifestyles. Under a law signed last year by Gov. Jerry Brown (D), all public schools in the state are now required to promote homosexuality, bisexuality, transsexuality, and same-sex “marriage” at every grade level, including kindergarten — and to do so without parental consent or even notification.

Known as the Fair, Accurate, Inclusive, and Respectful (FAIR) Education Act, the law adds “lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender [LGBT] Americans” to the list of minority groups which schools are required to portray positively. It mandates that social-science “instructional materials” include “the role and contributions of … lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Americans.” It prohibits teachers and school districts from “sponsor[ing] any activity that promotes a discriminatory bias on the basis of … sexual orientation.” It forbids state and local school boards from adopting any curriculum “reflecting adversely upon persons on the basis of … sexual orientation.” And since the required instruction is woven into regular social-science lessons, parents are given no warning that it will occur and no option to remove their children from class when such instruction is taking place.

“Children will be taught to see homosexuality, bisexuality, cross-dressing, sex-change operations, and homosexual marriages as good and natural and perhaps even for them,” Randy Thomasson, founder and president of the pro-family values organization SaveCalifornia.com, told CNSNews.com. Moreover, he maintained, because the law bans anything “reflecting adversely upon” homosexuality, it in effect “prohibits the government schools from teaching the facts that homosexuality is inherently unnatural and unhealthy with the highest rate of sexually transmitted diseases and the highest mode of transmission for HIV/AIDS.”

“The truth is prohibited; the facts are prevented,” he averred. “It’s ironic and sad that children in California government schools will be taught that cigarettes are negative, driving drunk is negative, drug use is negative, but they won’t be taught homosexuality is unhealthy.”

Some California schools had already implemented such curricula prior to the law’s passage, giving parents in less “progressive” districts an inkling of what to expect. For instance, reports the Los Angeles Times:

In 2005, [the Los Angeles Unified School District] debuted the nation’s first chapter in a high school health textbook on LGBT issues covering sexual orientation and gender identity, struggles over them and anti-LGBT bias. A section on misconceptions says sexual orientation is not a choice — a statement many religious conservatives disagree with. …

An art history teacher includes portraits of same-sex couples in her studies. An English teacher has discussed writer Langston Hughes, who is widely believed to have been gay. And in 11th-grade U.S. history, Daniel Jocz covers LGBT issues, especially during the unit on 20th century civil rights movements.

Using video clips of Kanye West, Tyra Banks and other celebrities, Jocz engages his students in lively discussions about language — including the taunt “that’s gay.” His students study the LGBT resistance to police arrests in the Stonewall riots alongside Rosa Parks’ refusal to sit in the back of the bus. And the murder cases of Emmett Till, an African American teenager, and Matthew Shepard, a gay college student, are examined in the class segment on hate crimes.

For kindergartners and students in early grades, there are lessons on the notion that “families come in all sizes, shapes and configurations,” including “a girl with two mommies,” the paper adds. As for older students, “sex education begins in fifth grade, so more specific LGBT instruction is considered appropriate — and necessary, experts say, as bullying steps up in these years.”

Of course, no one is in favor of students’ being bullied because they happen to engage in behavior other students consider immoral; but the law now in essence bullies those other students into accepting these behaviors as normal and even praiseworthy, forcing them to check their religious and moral convictions at the school door. Students may find themselves torn between what they are taught at home and in church and the lessons they learn in school. For this reason, the law had “already prompted some parents to pull their children out of public schools” as early as October, according to the Times.

Students (and parents) opposed to LGBT lifestyles aren’t the only ones in danger of having their consciences violated. Teachers, too, must affirm these lifestyles in the classroom or risk running afoul of the law’s requirements that they not “reflect adversely upon” or “promote a discriminatory bias” against persons with such lifestyles. Grace Callaway, a teacher near Yuba City, told the Times “she will refuse to teach LGBT issues to her fifth- and sixth-graders because she believes homosexuality is a ‘destructive lifestyle.’” “How administrators plan to handle ‘conscientious objectors’ like Callaway is unclear,” the newspaper observed.

Golden State taxpayers who oppose these sexual behaviors are yet a third class of victims under the FAIR Education Act. After all, they are the ones who will have to pay the teachers to, in Thomasson’s words, “sexually brainwash” their young charges; and they will have to foot the bill for all the new textbooks and other materials needed for this indoctrination.

The new LGBT-friendly textbooks are not expected to be in schools until at least 2019, though schools are required to develop their own materials to comply with the law now. Once the textbooks begin rolling off the presses, however, expect them to pop up in schools all across the country. California being the largest market for textbooks, whatever it mandates usually makes its way into books used in most other states.

Parents, both in California and elsewhere across the fruited plain, would therefore be wise to heed Thomasson’s advice to “rescue [their] children from the immoral, imploding, dysfunctional state school establishment” and put them in private or home schools. The alternative, he says, is a “sexually confused and academically stunted” generation.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so you would rather your kids be intolerant?

that they grow up believing that everything different than what they know is deviant, strange, gross, sinful, etc? instead of growing up knowing that it exists, and that those people are just as "normal" as anyone else and are equally productive members of society as their parents?

as long as religion exists, there will be people like you. in the 50s and 60s you would have been in the class of people fighting the end of segregation.

i assume you're christian or catholic of some sort?

I wrote a huge wall of text, but kept deleting it. I'm more built for Channel Zero than Crossfire.

Suffice to say that as a straight male with a largely homophobic group of friends and relatives, excluding immediate family, I'm all for it. I don't want to come off as "umad" over the issue (which always spirals into ridiculous arguments in real life), which is why I'll leave it at that.

• Like 1

It is a reality of the 21 century. The school systems purpose, presumably, is to teach children about the world that they will be entering, and to prepare them to function as productive members. These thing exist in the real world and to not teach a child about these realitys, I think, does them a great disservice.

• Like 1

It will not work. Unless they have these types homo's, bi's and tranny's teaching the

class no one will take it seriously. That is for high school students. Now thinking for

the elementary kids it will probably give them nightmares and phobia's. How

about they focus on what we have in common rather than differences we have

which divide us already.

People who still get hung up on sexuality have no place in our schools, the is enough ignorance in this world without us raising our children to be ignorant idiots as well.

I am all for homosexuals, transgender, Bisexuals being teachers, having these issues talked about in school. Someone needs to do something about the people in America how seem to be obsessed with making your country even more intolerant and bigoted.

• Like 1

Since this is considered to be one of those topics that needs to be discussed outside of the classroom, where does one broach it? At home? No, parents are too busy and/or freaked out to deal with it. At church? Oh yeah, that will go over great!

So there's no real alternative. You either expect your kids to grow up in a bubble not knowing some ground home facts about biology and society, or the communists win.

Kind of makes you wish there was some sort of "third way," but the risk of litigation keeps subjects like this well out of the discussion with regards to mentor programs such as Big Brothers of America.

not exactly against it for a certain age/grade. i know when i was in kindergarten and the rest of elementary school i didn't learn about health topics, not to mention sexuality and things of that nature. pretty sure that stuff didn't come until 7th and 8th grade for us. i don't see why kindergarten kids would need to learn about anything concerning sexuality, period.

It will not work. Unless they have these types homo's, bi's and tranny's teaching the

class no one will take it seriously. That is for high school students. Now thinking for

the elementary kids it will probably give them nightmares and phobia's. How

about they focus on what we have in common rather than differences we have

which divide us already.

Yeah, maybe for starters how everyone is a human being and therefore deserves a measure of respect and tolerance.

Nightmares and phobias...I was brought up aware of these issues from an extremely young age and it never once scared or bothered me. You're projecting your own feelings onto children, who are way more open minded than you may think. Most people who have prejudiced ideals learned them from parents or other adults during childhood. The same goes for people who are open minded.

Also, that article is biased as hell. It's a program designed to simply let kids know this stuff exists, and that it shouldn't be thought of as some societal tumor...it's not a fucking indoctrination program.

There I go...ha

I don't think sodomy is going to be part of the "This is what it means to be gay" curriculum for third-graders. (Unless Fred Phelps has a Sunday school? I don't know.)

Going back to something that Realism said- not only are kids open-minded, at times they're usually a lot more perceptive than adults. So they already know everyone is different...maybe they don't know the details regarding what makes them different, but part of being a human being is not knowing and finding out or not knowing and not caring.

Another angle to consider is that California is one of the most litigious states in the Union (200,000+ lawyers and counting), and this issue sounds ripe for a rash of lawsuits.

• Like 1

Yeah, maybe for starters how everyone is a human being and therefore deserves a measure of respect and tolerance.

Nightmares and phobias...I was brought up aware of these issues from an extremely young age and it never once scared or bothered me. You're projecting your own feelings onto children, who are way more open minded than you may think. Most people who have prejudiced ideals learned them from parents or other adults during childhood. The same goes for people who are open minded.

Also, that article is biased as hell. It's a program designed to simply let kids know this stuff exists, and that it shouldn't be thought of as some societal tumor...it's not a fucking indoctrination program.

There I go...ha

I grew up with someone in my family being a lesbian so it was completely normal for me personally. I am just thinking for the ones who have very strict, single minded parents. Those that have never been exposed to open mindedness and have been tort a certain way. They may end up with severe problems. If they were going to teach it, It would probably be a good idea to start at a young age so that kind of thing wont come as a shock as they get older. *Shrugs*

Just because there is something that exist in the world doesn't mean that it belongs in the schools. If they choose to live their lives that way then good for them but, no need to force their views on other people or on our children for that matter. I do believe in tolerance however, where will the line be drawn? Will they start teaching the history of religion in America - all the great people in history that happen to be Christian/Muslim/Buddhist etc.. Why not incorporate everything then?

• 2 months later...

It's very good that LGBT issues are taught in schools.

I love how many Conservatives refer to this as "conversion to homosexuality".

People in the LGBT community don't want to "convert" anyone. Do you know what people in the LGBT community want?

To be treated like fucking people.

This is just a heads up to kids that homosexuality, transexuality, and etc., exists. This teaches tolerance, and would hopefully deplete hate crimes. (In which LGBT-related hate crimes are among the top 3, and of those, I believe it is somewhere in the 70% of all of those hate crimes are the most violent amongst all hate crimes). *

Now, this doesn't need to really be adressed any earlier than any other form of Sex Ed is introduced, but it should be brought up.

Not to mention how helpful this may be to the gay kid in the class who could be confused, and dealing with serious issues understanding him/herself. 50% of all transgendered people commit suicide due to intolerance against them and lack of safety, comfort, and acceptance.

This article is insanely one-sided, and very intolerant, in my opinion. I'm unsure if I've ever seen a clearer example of biased journalism.

If all else fails to convince you:

You disagree, Earsnot will fuck you up.

*The 70% statistic is a vague memory from a Social Rights Forum I attended a while back, it's a ballpark estimate from memory. The 50% of trans suicide rate is fo' sho', though.

• Like 1

How about schools go back to worrying about teaching kids Math, History, Science, and how to fucking read.

I could give a fuck if someones a pole smoker, but the place of public education is to fucking teach academics, not to tell someone who they are, whats socially acceptable, and what their morality ough to be.

Those life lessons come from the other thousands of kids you're stuck in the same building with for 12 years. Unless you live in a village in alaska youll encounter gays/lesbians/trans whatever and youll deal with it in your own way.

If someone wants to be narrow minded, let them. Society has a way of excluding those select people or atleast making them hold their thoughts to themselves.

I am in no way supporting bigotry, all im saying is the public school system should worry more about being a fucking drop-out factory and test scores that make Ethopians look like rocket scientist and not about teaching the ''state's'' morals.

Fuck em

Just because there is something that exist in the world doesn't mean that it belongs in the schools. If they choose to live their lives that way then good for them but, no need to force their views on other people or on our children for that matter. I do believe in tolerance however, where will the line be drawn? Will they start teaching the history of religion in America - all the great people in history that happen to be Christian/Muslim/Buddhist etc.. Why not incorporate everything then?

Really? What age do kids start to go to church? I remember being taught younger than kindergarten that marriage happens between a man and a woman, and gays go to hell. Is that fair? Is that ok? Tell me how that fucking belongs in a church's sunday school curriculum.

Homosexual is the new black. You probably don't approve with their lifestyle either and don't deserve a month for that either. You probably don't think schools should teach tollerance of other people, acceptance of people's differences, or how to get along with different kinds of people. You probably don't think any of those skills matter to an academic setting because you live in a bumfuck town with no job prospects and figure that's just the way it is.

These are SOCIAL skills the public school is teaching—Crucial social skills that are probably the most important lessons to workplace success any child can be given. What happens when a kid has a gay coworker, or a gay teacher? What if your wife to be has gay parents?

And last I checked christians werent being persecuted at schools. Little christian children arent running home to their parents and being made fun of for being christian. How fucking retarded are you?

And they do teach tollerance of islam, buddhism, judiasm, wiccans, and even kwanza.

i don't think morality is something that needs to be taught to our kids. i have no problem with homosexuality or lesbianism. but these sort of moral issues need to be addressed and formed on their own, through observations and life experiences and whatnot. your opinions and world view will form over the years on their own, there is no need for the school system to try to teach values to the children. we should be supporting free thinking in our schools.

the only thing the schools need to be teaching our children is the straight facts. like cunt_eastwood said. math, science, reading etc. i am not opposed to though, giving them philosophical questions to answer on their own. something to get them to think about the world around them. that imo is the way these kind of things need to done. by sitting down and really thinking over an issue.

if kids are only taught 'straight facts' then how will they develop critical thinking skills in order to properly weigh in on issues?

without schools having the option to even discuss 'touchy' issues we're limiting the kids development.

but i did get a lol when i read "homosexuality and lesbianism'

if kids are only taught 'straight facts' then how will they develop critical thinking skills in order to properly weigh in on issues?

without schools having the option to even discuss 'touchy' issues we're limiting the kids development.

but i did get a lol when i read "homosexuality and lesbianism'

thats why i said, sit them down and make them think over issues like these, but without actually coming out and saying "this is right, this is wrong" etc. in regards to moral issues and value systems. it doesn't seem right to teach tolerance. thats something you need to find out for yourself. let them decide for themselves what is moral or immoral etc. if you want to teach the kids about sexuality, including homosexuality then by all means go for it, but the question of whether or not it is acceptable is up to them to decide for themselves. what if the school was teaching them the other way around? and that gays should be despised and shunned? they shouldn't take sides on those issues. in the end though it is inevitable. they will find a way to interject their own personal beliefs into their teachings one way or another.