Starting Wildstyles!! let me know what you think

Repsect001

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
If you can't skim through the shit talk of the toy thread and glean the constructive criticism from it I'm not sure you're going to like the internet...

hahaha its just annoying going through like 3000 pages of mostly crap, trust me i can handle it nothing is gonna bring me down today ;) im just after a few tips on where ive gone wrong and how i should start over.

I just think you're reaching too hard right now. You may not have to go back to straight letters but I reckon you gotta do a lot more simples. I think an easy red flag is the mass of arrows you have in your work. Nothing wrong with arrows per se but there really should be less focus on them as they are the most cliche element of graf.

Some of the pics are neat, some are pretty messy with squiggly lines and bar widths that vary when they should not. It's clear that you understand flow but I don't think you're able to pull it off well enough for wild style. Do something less complicated (not necessarily straight letters but just with less shit all over the place) and focus completely on flow and balance. Try doing some pieces with no arrows or extensions whatsoever, focus on letter structure and tweaking that to give the letters style. Being able to manipulate pure letters to give all the style and flow you need is the hardest thing to achieve in graf and that's what will give you the best foundation to build on. Until you have that foundation you'll never get all the more superfluous stuff like extensions and add-ons.

That's my perspective anyway, others may disagree. But then again, they're all hairy lesbian eco-terrorists.

• Like 1

Yeah, connections and extensions are the logical step that comes naturally only after the letters have reached their limit.

You can't force wildstyle, it comes from progresion and progression and can only happen when each stage of development has been properly satisfied.

You can't fabricate complexity, it is it's own thing.

• Like 1

did this dude really get banned? :snake:

there has been some good advice in here.

the letters underneath your connections are kinda weak. those connections and arrows are unnecessary and don't really add anything - in some cases they don't come from the letter in a natural way, either. negative space isn't your enemy, it's like a stock tip - it's just unforgiving.

force yourself to use fewer arrows and connections and strip your style closer to the bare bones. you'll find what you need there.

Been writing for a few years now just want to learn how to do more crazy better looking letters and colors. So let me know how i can improve my writing? [ATTACH=full]175749[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]175750[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]175751[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]175752[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]175753[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]175754[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]175755[/ATTACH]

It's good but you should develop your style abit more but nice job