starting a lil teeshirt company

Coffie Crave

i thought of makeing a little teeshirt company to pull in some extra cash, i been working on the site and the designs all day, so far i have 3 tees and a decent site.

im looking to sell shirts cheap, but i dont kno what to do when it comes to the shirts, i dont wanna buy in bulk and try to sell them, i would like to print them while i get orders... i never trided cafapress so i dont know about them but they look chessy?

any tips

any advice?

please thanks !

:shook:

PS; please forgive my spelling

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle@Jan 31 2006, 01:18 AM

So, you just decided to do this in one day?

pretty much, i always had the idea...and last night i sorta laid around thinking...so i woke up put the coffee on and got to work...everything is pretty much set up...im just stuck with printing opitons, once i get that going i can get the ball rollling...

i wanna make cool shirts, for a cheap price... teeshirts shouldent cost 70 bucks...

if a shirt costs 70 dollars to make your printing with the wrong people.... Abercrombie prints their shirts for 50 cents (maybe im exagerating) and then they sell it for an arm and a leg because the people of america would pay anything for a trendy name brand. Thats how they make all their money is printing hella selling it for hella and basically getting it printed for free.... or atleast i think.

Originally posted by Gigantic Jug@Jan 31 2006, 01:26 AM

if a shirt costs 70 dollars to make your printing with the wrong people.... Abercrombie prints their shirts for 50 cents (maybe im exagerating) and then they sell it for an arm and a leg because the people of america would pay anything for a trendy name brand. Thats how they make all their money is printing hella selling it for hella and basically getting it printed for free.... or atleast i think.

i ment shirts shoulent cost the customer 70 bucks,

Originally posted by Gigantic Jug@Jan 31 2006, 01:26 AM

Yeah.... a prime example would be Bathing Ape who seem content to charge $150 for a Kaws T Shirt that probably cost .50 to print

my advice would be to buy a bunch of boxes of fruit-of-the-loom t-shirts, in bulk, and then bring them to your local silk screener (there's usually a few in town for local companies, sports leagues and people like you)...

yep, there's alot of up-front costs, you won't make much profit (or any) unless you sell alot, but then again, thats how small businesses work...

most fail within 2 years too I hear...

ok, let me be helpful for a change.

cafepres sucks. they do iron on transfers. if you're gonna do that, you might as well just get a desktop printer and a package of transfer paper. same shit. unless there's been some huge advancement in interweb shirt printing technology that i've missed, anyplace on the web that offers 'print as you go' shirts is going to be using roughly the same method. bottom line is that shit sucks. nobody wants to pay for shitty quality shirts like that (although judging from the quality of work i've seen from you, they'd probably be a perfect match). anyway, people who are serious get shit silk screened. this is priced by number of colors, and by quantity. you can get super budget white t shirts with one color ink for anywhere between $3-$5, but they suck ass. decent shirts with 2 or 3 colors will run you roughly $6 to $8 each and most places require minimums of atleast 20 shirts per design. most shops also have set-up and screen fee's as well. basically, you're looking at $1000 just to get started.

have fun.

in defense of $70 t shirts, companies that charge that much usually use MUCH higher quality shirts to begin with, and put a whole lot more time, money and effort into the final product. it's just a guess, but i'd say bape's profit on a t-shirt, even at $60 dollars, is probably equivelant to what metallica/u2/destiny's child/tool/etc/etc makes off every t-shirt you buy at one of their concerts.