Start Flicking any UPFEs you can find!

Ski Mask

cause they got some old pieces that may not be around much longer.

here is why keeping up to speed with train news pays off:

----

"Ol'Paint

Letter:

The Union Pacific reefer followed in "Got Carrots" [pages 78-85, November]

looks like it came from the Scrap Yard! I hope the running gear was in better shape than the body. UP could have at least sandblasted and painted it. This is bad public relations for the railroad; it doesn't even look sanitary. Why not use RoadRailers or express reefers that can run at passenger train speeds and can actually compete with trucks?

James L. Weaver, Roxbury, Conn.

Trains Magazine Response:

This car series, designated for carrot loading, is scheduled for rehabilitation, including fresh paint, according to Union Pacific's John Bromley.

---

as you may remember the car they followed had a "Lisa" piece by mone on it. They've clung on long enough, but some of those old UPFEs are really looking fucking beat up. you know that eventually UP is gonna get around to putting fresh coats on them all. Those that arent scrapped that is (notice the amount of new reefers being made? start putting 2 and 2 together!). Keep that in mind if you run across any while benching.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest THE LAW

nawwww....you just sound like like you have no interest or respect for history.

a lot of the early NYC freight painters have been hitting upfe's since day one and there's many a historic piece on them.

i'm down with the history part of it, but considering how many people are hitting freights nowadays, this just means a lot more open pannels, since i dont see any up cars on the line near my town i wont be affected in the new cars, but when i go to the larger cities i look out for them. I know i'll see some when i go home for xmas!!!

so we shouldnt paint the old ones? i guess painting new ones id more loial in this situation since one day in the future they will be in the same situation that theese are in now. hit some clean ones and make history as the nyc heads did.

Originally posted by THE LAW

nawwww....you just sound like like you have no interest or respect for history.

a lot of the early NYC freight painters have been hitting upfe's since day one and there's many a historic piece on them.

word...alot of history will be lost if this occours..upfe and sooline cary some of the best and oldest peices on the rails

anyone here willing to make a trip to southern idaho? this goes out to those of you in Salt Lake City...your very close. things may be worse than previously thought....lots of UPFEs and solid colds are showing up at shops in unheard of numbers....it doesn't look good....

Guest fr8lover

caught a cavs/pure only got flix of the pure...had to be pre 95

autoracks i alwys get old ba and west coast and even some canadian stuff....

ese and cracked

maybeeeeee i can be of help on this one. you ask why Idaho well, the potatoes, thats why. Ive tracked a few there my self and have actully been there. will you do me a favor and please dont give out the major place they are going in that state. and also can you edit out the state. Thank you but i agree ese flick away kiddies ive tracked a few that have been kept over for some nice fresh outerwear.

Re: ese and cracked

Originally posted by JELO_016

maybeeeeee i can be of help on this one. you ask why Idaho well, the potatoes, thats why. Ive tracked a few there my self and have actully been there. will you do me a favor and please dont give out the major place they are going in that state. and also can you edit out the state. Thank you but i agree ese flick away kiddies ive tracked a few that have been kept over for some nice fresh outerwear.

I thought it was just a big harvest at first too....but you dont understand the sheer number that are out there. If you trace 200 about 150+ will be sitting there...with some of the remaining 50 on the way. Its not just a little surge in traffic...

Guest GorbortOrman
Originally posted by Cracked Ass

I second what ese said. There are reports that almost ALL of the Solid Colds are being herded to Idaho. I can't find out why, but it's either scrapping or rehab, and rehab usually means repaint, so a lot of work may soon be lost.

I have a flick of about 70 or 80 of those solid colds on one track... sad sight to see...

Last time i was there i saw old pieces by:

Mone, Cav, S.5, sento, big5, lots of old L.A. shit, and i saw alot of jabs...

Archived