Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

spyware removal programs

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Zack Morris, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Zack Morris

Zack Morris Veteran Member

so I have so far used ad-aware, spybot, and the beta of the windows spyware remover thingy and yet my computer is STILL infected horribly with this shit. I can't seem to get rid of it. The ad-aware and spybot I used were a little older. The microsoft one is supposed to be the best but I can not update it to work on my computer since I have a pirated copy of XP. any advice from our local tech nerds on what to use or how to get around this.....if worse comes to worse I am just going to move all my mp3's videos and pictures and important files onto my external hard drive and just do a full remformat, but that is last resort type shit.

2. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

shareaza and fin adaware pro.

3. Gunm

Gunm Banned

I usually just buy a new computer, run it into the ground, repeat

4. Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus Senior Member

Search for a program called hijackthis. A lot of the spyware shit requires a reboot in safe mode and manual deletion of everything related to it.

The real solution is to turn up the security settings in internet explorer if you're still using it and quit cliking YES on everything that pops up. I never had spyware on my computer using IE constantly because I never installed anything from websites I didn't trust.

5. Zack Morris

Zack Morris Veteran Member

I got it through file sharing networks. and its just part of the territory, and I would love to buy a new computer but I am too poor for that shit....I will try that hijackthis.

6. Biggus Dickus

hijackthis requires a lot of reading of the logs and knowing what is supposed to be installed and what isn't. There is also a piece of software called Pocket Killbox
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/killbox.php

That will allow you to delete files that windows claims are in use, or that you cannot delete otherwise. Use it with caution on shit you find in hijackthis, just try not to delete anything you need.

7. Biggus Dickus

I should mention also, that not everything hijackthis finds will be bad. It finds browser plugins like flash, and certain software that is supposed to run when windows starts, so do some reading on it.

8. drsev

drsev Junior Member

start > run > msconfig

anything looking shifty gets itself unticked - Then on reboot it willnot load said shifty apps.

hijack this is a goodun but as said above it does require a little sifting through - generally you cna use the same rule as msconfig - if you dont remember installing it and it doesnt look usefull then bin it.

9. fatalist

fatalist Dirty Dozen Crew

webroot spy sweeper

10. bears_with_knives

bears_with_knives Junior Member

if the spyware keeps coming back, you could have some virus, or trojan or something like that, whatever it is it's bad. i would try to get a copy of symantec antivirus(i think it's like $30 at walmart, or just get a bootleg), reboot the computer in safe mode, and run the antivirus thing. then reboot the computer in your regular mode. i think that's how you do it. if it's still bad, it's last resort time.

and for a little something do that start>run>msconfig>startup that drsev said. Uncheck anything that you feel you don't need the computer to run when it's on.

11. fuse=--action

fuse=--action Senior Member

Wikipedia has these listed.

And if anything costs money just give PirateBay a little visit.

Since you already have a cracked version of XP might as well download the update from there too.

12. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

symantec(norton) eats your system resources and it's a big faggot.

13. Biggus Dickus

14. imported_grim540

imported_grim540 Member

there is a program called spyware doctor that i have used in the past. It has worked pretty good for me.

I have used it on about four different computers, it finds hundreds of spyware apps on my family member's computers (they are the kind of people who open up email attachments from strangers and, actually believe some guy from Nigeria wants to give them a lot of money)

and it usally just finds one or two on mine and maybe a few tracking cookies, so I would say it is consistent.

you can download it for free and then get a crack for it on one of the P2P sites.

15. ODS-1

ODS-1 Elite Member

I think the best thing you could do is just reformat. It might be a pain in the ass (be sure to backup everything you need). That should get rid of spyware and free up hard disk space.