SPUN

Sickboy

I've only seen half of the movie. I stopped watching it cause I kinda lost interest. It's funny usually drug comedies have some sort of plot to it. But this kinda seemed to lack a point to it. I understood what they were doing and why tehy were doing it, but what was the point in this...what is it building up too. It never mentions a specific goal. So I kinda got bored and stopped. It's also to jumpy and fast paced....OH and one more thing....why the fuck did he keep taping that girls eyes shut?...not really any point to this thread. Just tell what you think of the movie.

Opps...move to channel zero please!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I got the unrated directors cut version. I didn't say it sucked or was unrealistic. I had a headache when I watched it so it kinda bothered me to watch. Even though ti was realstic...there was no real plot. So far...i've only seen the first half.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by space base

I think that movie is pretty realistic. When I watched it, it had some some of the nudity blocked out. I dont know if its supposed to be like that, or if I just had some Hollywood Video censored version.

hahha. same here. i noticed two kinds which made me think some of the censorship was obviously intentional and some was done by rental agencies ( hollywoood, blockbuster, etc). i enjoyed the film's attention to detail, like the video game monkey shootin up. crazy jonx. granted, i think i would have found the film even more profound had i been high. funny random cameos, that's for sure. and corgan's soundtrack wasn't too bad. all in all... deliriously amusing or deliriously annoying... depending on your mood.

:n

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

I saw it for the first time this weekend.

I was going to start a thread on this movie too.

I know some tweakers in my area...

that movie is sooo on point, its almost not funny.

I know people that are exactly like those people.

My friend said that the theaters played the

uncensored version. The censorship is like what

space base said, for Hollwywood video, blockbuster.

I give it a thumbs up for reality factor, and that

it holds nothing back. Like I said, its almost sad

that most of that movie is based on fact..or as it

said, some lies too! Tweakers fucking LIE!!!

The diresction is nice too...kinda makes you feel

as though youre on one!

Point of the movie...DONT DO CRANK!!!

:idea:

Guest WebsterUno

I dont do meth...fuck that shit.

but I dont know people that are on it.

Thats why I said this movie is on point.

That shit is evil...

:mad:

that movie was pretty good.

i would have thought it was mediocre had it not had the scene where the girl and the guy (from rushmore) are driving and they both say they could stop anytime, and that they arent actually addicted. i dont know why but that scene kinda got to me.

Guest WebsterUno

that scene was crazy!

both liquor store scenes were

funny as hell though.

Oh, and if you know tweakers..

you would know why he put tape

on that girls eyes. Dude was on some

GAK for a few days...thats why!!

You would be surprised at the things tweakers

do when theyre all spun out on

that crap. Ive seen and heard of worse.

i think the movie was the biggest "requim for a dream" rip off ever,the director bit just about ever style of filming and editing the other guy did and even the story seemed similer to me i thought the drummer from phantm planet was good in it tho,i was really disapointed at the end of the movie.i give it one thumb up.

Originally posted by PatTheBeaver

i think the movie was the biggest "requim for a dream" rip off ever,the director bit just about ever style of filming and editing the other guy did and even the story seemed similer to me i thought the drummer from phantm planet was good in it tho,i was really disapointed at the end of the movie.i give it one thumb up.

it might be.. ive never seen the movie requiem for a dream, ive only read the book.

but i dont think it is. i cant really think about it right now though, im alittle wasted, i'll make sure o check back in the morning.

spun def took its inspiration from requiem, but imo, i don't think they are anything alike, aside from the visual effects pertaining only specifically to them shooting up i.e, inject, cells, dilation, etc.

requiem was a hella lot more depressing. i didn't laugh at all excpet when sara 1st started taking the shit and was dancing in front of her fridge. for some reason, it just seemed sweet. like she finally found freedom from her lonley morbid thoughts. requiem actually had depth.

spun has some too, but its def more of an entertainment/ eye-openeing experience more so than a philisophical commentary on the lengths we will go for happiness in life a la requiem.

both are def worth seeing.

:n

Guest WebsterUno

I was going to rent requiem too on Sat.

But I was renting movies for me and some

other folks. I wanted to get something

I was sure everyone would enjoy, so I got

Barbershop. Barber was good, funny as hell.

Im going to rent Requiem when I take these

movies back. Ill see if there are any similarities,

and whatever else.

weird thing about tweakers..THEY think they smell like shit.

Archived