The Hipster

saw this one on being hunted and it had to be posted so here it is:

Date

June 26th

Spring Street NYC

Report and pictures by

Leah Christine McSweeney

(Married to the Mob)

The MOB was loose in NYC last weekend. On location for Beinghunted - Leah from Married to the Mob to capture the riot that was the Spring Street Block Party. Yes, her images speak for themselves, but not everyone is 'in-the-know' so she sat down to explain the who-is-who and what-is-what. One thing is certain - this is NYC, these are the people, this was the party... Mark your calendars! June is the month, Spring Street the place in '06!

01.jpg

Saturday, June 26th - New York City

Leah reports from the Spring Street Block Party. Open the slides and see what went on. If you're not familiar with the faces - read below...

--

Sperm

02.jpg

The day started off strong with Semen on the ones and twos and the drinks flowing heavily. It's good to have you back Spermicle, that bitch needs to get her ass beat... some of you may have read about his unfortunate situation in the New York Times. If you didn't, go Google it

The New York Times story is on page 5

Jerry Bubba

03.jpg

Oh my god this guy is such a crazer. This is my 27 year old neighbor Will. He is obsessed with all the dogs in the neighborhood and incessantly asks everybody about their pets. I sometimes hear him out my window chanting "bring Jerry down", Jerry is my dog. That is a little frightening to me. Other than the dog obsession he is a cool neighbor... he has the biggest collection of Chinese movies... ever.

Rotten

04.jpg

Here is the man of the hour Aaron aka the Don aka the Dirty Rotten Don aka Carrot Top (sorry Aaron I had to add that one in, it's my favorite) But most importantly he is A New York Thing. He helped organize and put all the music for the event together which included Joey Semz, Blue Label and Kudu off the aNYthing music label. Even though we have a dysfunctional love/hate relationship... I have mad respect for this guy. He is a true New York staple and a fucking character to say the least. And his hustling abilities are inspirational...

aNYthing

Cool Guys

05.jpg

You probably know some of these guys because they were super friendly to you wehn you were shopping at Supreme

Supreme

Drunkenmexican

06.jpg

Why do Mexicans get so shitfaced?? This guy was so drunk, it's a miracle that he didn't have piss and shit stains all over himself. He was fucking hysterical. He was bombed out of his brains but dancing like you wouldn't belive. He was a good dancer for real! I'm laughing just thinking about it. At one point he stopped and looked like he was gonna throw up but then he took a breath and kept on grinding. It topped it off when this chick came and started blowing bubble on him.

Irak

07.jpg

Here one of my favorite people El Prez of Irak Crew. If you don't know what and who Irak is, fuck off. Oh yeah, keep your eyes open for their new stuff for this season.

Irak 1

Irak 2

Irak 3

Bowery

08.jpg

Yes, cool guys get bangin off the chart chicks!

Drunken

09.jpg

Ok this is when the booze started to kick in. I'm not sure how to explain this one. All I know is that there was a bunch of commotion and ripping of shirts and I ended up with this picture and I find it fucking funny as hell. Look at the fucking gay rainbow/confederate flag tee for Christ's sake!!!! And this is on gay pride day over here!!! I love it.

Nov York

10.jpg

Nov is the mother fuckin man! Please tell me you've read Nov York or Novurkistan?? If you haven't you must! This guy has talent up the fucking yingyang and is going to be big one day... Go read them and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Nov York

Offspring

11.jpg

Timmy and Tabatha... .when they were five they were cooler than you could ever hope to be. HA! Go to 13thwitness.com to sweat the technique.

13thwitness

Tabatha's MySpace

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Lovebirds

12.jpg

I had to slip in this flik... for all the MOB fans/enemies.

Hipsters

13.jpg

Just to give you an idea of the crowd... this is about half the block. The other half was just as packed. Basiclly a sea of hipsters.

Manchild

14.jpg

Holy shit!! This guy was great. I don't know who he is or what kind of dance move he was attempting but I love him. He is some sort of manchild... He looked about five but was probably 26 or so. People were going nutty dancing on that stage. The best part... look to the left and you can see Kai the ex member of As Four who now has his own label called... .Myself. How hilarious is that? If you look closely you can see his shirt says I heart myself. Oh no he didn't!

Neckface

15.jpg

This is definitely another drunken moment. This is pretty elf explanatory

Neckface

OG

16.jpg

And this one definitely doesn't need an explanation.

(Harold Hunter)

MOB

17.jpg

Here is some of the Mob Crew... .most of them are hiding their faces for their own protection.

Mttm

Popnlok

18.jpg

What's a real NYC block party without a dance circle? Oscar and Marco were keeping shit real but right after this some older gay white man got in there and made a fool of himself...

Baddancer

19.jpg

And here he is. You can look at the people in the picture and tell how uncomfortable he made them. He did some weird move where he grabbed his dick and then pointed at his friend who then ran away. Seriously. I felt kinda bad for him, for a second.

Originally posted by PushbuttonWarfare@Jul 8 2005, 02:19 PM

Remember when you were fourteen and you found the recipe to make napalm, but you thought to yourself, where would I possibly use this?

(after careful consideration) I think that some people honestly think they are at some atmospheric level of "cool", now the psychological burden to meet one's own expectations of whatever the fuck "cool" is must be quite a struggle.

this shit was mega gay.

i hope all those MOB bitches get the clap, then give it to all the dudes from Alife, making STD's the new pink shirt with propped up collar, and then the city goes apeshit trying to get drippy dick syndrome and then they all die.

no thanks. i dont need pictures (and commentary) by some stuck up cunt who i wouldnt piss on if she was on fire and burning my carpet. fuck it. carpet is cheap, like whores and hipsters souls.

Originally posted by Yellow Feets+Jun 30 2005, 07:40 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Yellow Feets - Jun 30 2005, 07:40 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>The only thing worthy of my eyes was that old white dude dancing (and some of the other stuff). That shit was hilaious. I could care less about the "Cool" people. NEXT!

No but the party looked fun and I am jealous. Eh, somewhat.

[/b]

Originally posted by lennydykstra@Jul 9 2005, 06:33 AM

Originally posted by PushbuttonWarfare@Jul 8 2005, 02:19 PM

Remember when you were fourteen and you found the recipe to make napalm, but you thought to yourself, where would I possibly use this?

(after careful consideration) I think that some people honestly think they are at some atmospheric level of "cool", now the psychological burden to meet one's own expectations of whatever the fuck "cool" is must be quite a struggle.

Originally posted by lennydykstra@Jul 9 2005, 06:35 AM

Yeah, and some people just need to grow the hell up!

Originally posted by seeking@Jul 12 2005, 05:24 PM

this shit was mega gay.

i hope all those MOB bitches get the clap, then give it to all the dudes from Alife, making STD's the new pink shirt with propped up collar, and then the city goes apeshit trying to get drippy dick syndrome and then they all die.

no thanks. i dont need pictures (and commentary) by some stuck up cunt who i wouldnt piss on if she was on fire and burning my carpet. fuck it. carpet is cheap, like whores and hipsters souls.

<!--QuoteBegin-Ferris Bueller@Jul 14 2005, 07:11 AM

[hipsters are teh suck]

I have been biting my tough on this till now. I 100% understand if you have no interest in sneakers, clothing, collectables and you see this as selling out or just as wack hipsters trying to look ghetto and “say I know about hip hop I know about graffiti look I have some futura dunks on’’. But I fail to understand is why you have come to this part of the forum and tell me how shit all this crap is? Under the words DUTY FREE the description reads ‘Swank culture, consumerism, and collectables.’ If you have no interest in this culture why are you looking thought this part off the forum?

what the fuck do any of those things have to do with your post? you didnt post pictures of 'swank' anything, you posted pictures of a bunch of pretentious motherfuckers who dick ride trustfunds, fashions and friends into some irrelivent level of street corner 'fame' that amounts to completely dick when it's all tallied up. these are the most worthless people in the universe, yet they present themselves as being the apex of coolness. these faggots aint 'cool', they're fucking retards who need to tell you how cool they are. a bunch of budget ass nobodies who are 'somebodies' in this cunt's make believe world. trust me homie, i've been to williamsburg, every homo on every corner looks exactly like these kids and is just as fucking boring.

i'm not trying to crush your dreams homie, but trust me, these people are fucking worthless. they're no more creative, intelligent or motivated than any of the rest of us, they were either just born into money, or have enoough of a drug and alcohol problem to do wacky shit that results in other sad motherfuckers talking about them, and even, as we see here, posting it on the internet, as if any of these douchebags makes an ass-lick of difference to our lives. maybe you feel this is glamerous or cool or trendestting or something, but its a total crock of shit. these people suck. i mean, be honest dog, the captions arent funny, the pictures arent funny, the girls arent hot, the guys arent cool. shit is budget. 'for all the MOB fans/enemies', bitch, you're some uppity ass fucking private school jew, nobody gives a fuck about you enough to hate you, and if they do, then nobody gives a fuck about them. this entire 'world' you posted here is like a big david copperfield trick: in order for it to matter, you have to 'believe' that they're cool, even though you know that they're not.

dont mistake my tirade for some sort of secret outsider anger, spawned by my own personal need to belong, shit isn't that at all. it just annoys me that cats (such as yourself) would be lulled into thinking that these people and their bullshit ass fradulent lifestyle are sweet. this whole culture you're emulating are back stabbing, shit talking, jerk offs, who will shit on their best friend if it will propel them a single rung higher on the ladder of williamsburg heirachy. shit is all day phoney, homie. trust me on this. if you wanna collect shoes or pay attention to whats hot in the street right now, have at it, shit bothers me none, but don't for a second think that these fools matter as much as they tell you they do. they all woork fucking RETAIL jobs, at shoe stores. i dont give a fuck how exclusive the shoes are, they aint making shit for money. they aint accomplishing shit. find better idols...people who actually exist outside of block parties and hotlinks.

Originally posted by seeking@Jul 14 2005, 10:43 AM

what the fuck do any of those things have to do with your post? you didnt post pictures of 'swank' anything, you posted pictures of a bunch of pretentious motherfuckers who dick ride trustfunds, fashions and friends into some irrelivent level of street corner 'fame' that amounts to completely dick when it's all tallied up. these are the most worthless people in the universe, yet they present themselves as being the apex of coolness. these faggots aint 'cool', they're fucking retards who need to tell you how cool they are. a bunch of budget ass nobodies who are 'somebodies' in this cunt's make believe world. trust me homie, i've been to williamsburg, every homo on every corner looks exactly like these kids and is just as fucking boring.

i'm not trying to crush your dreams homie, but trust me, these people are fucking worthless. they're no more creative, intelligent or motivated than any of the rest of us, they were either just born into money, or have enoough of a drug and alcohol problem to do wacky shit that results in other sad motherfuckers talking about them, and even, as we see here, posting it on the internet, as if any of these douchebags makes an ass-lick of difference to our lives. maybe you feel this is glamerous or cool or trendestting or something, but its a total crock of shit. these people suck. i mean, be honest dog, the captions arent funny, the pictures arent funny, the girls arent hot, the guys arent cool. shit is budget. 'for all the MOB fans/enemies', bitch, you're some uppity ass fucking private school jew, nobody gives a fuck about you enough to hate you, and if they do, then nobody gives a fuck about them. this entire 'world' you posted here is like a big david copperfield trick: in order for it to matter, you have to 'believe' that they're cool, even though you know that they're not.

dont mistake my tirade for some sort of secret outsider anger, spawned by my own personal need to belong, shit isn't that at all. it just annoys me that cats (such as yourself) would be lulled into thinking that these people and their bullshit ass fradulent lifestyle are sweet. this whole culture you're emulating are back stabbing, shit talking, jerk offs, who will shit on their best friend if it will propel them a single rung higher on the ladder of williamsburg heirachy. shit is all day phoney, homie. trust me on this. if you wanna collect shoes or pay attention to whats hot in the street right now, have at it, shit bothers me none, but don't for a second think that these fools matter as much as they tell you they do. they all woork fucking RETAIL jobs, at shoe stores. i dont give a fuck how exclusive the shoes are, they aint making shit for money. they aint accomplishing shit. find better idols...people who actually exist outside of block parties and hotlinks.

First of all homie, Most of the people you're blindly putting on blast have toiled in the scene since the early 90's for little loot, support and fame. Russ, A-ron, etc, etc weren't born into money and worked hard to get to where they are in the industry. And deny it all you want, but you do sound like a bitter outsider. Why?? because 90% of what your shit talking has no basis in fact. You don't know any of these people, who's who and why they are where they are. ALL YOU DO IS ASSUME AND SPEW HATE BASED ON THOSE ASSUMTIONS. Get some facts if you want to pull cards.

secondly... how the fuck does Williamsburg play into this? If you had half a clue you'd realize that 90% of these people have been LES fixtures for well over a decade.

And Thirdly, get a sense of humor! I can't believe anyone sits there taking any of these anticts or bravado seriously. It's all tongue in cheek and self conscious  

if i had 'half a clue' i'd know what burrough they were from? if that's what having 'half a clue' gets me, i'd rather stay dumb and in the dark.

my rant was an over the top reply to a question, not a legitimate attempt to try and pull a card. i dont know any of these people and i don't give a shit about them. what i 'objected' to was the notion that i should. that i should even know the difference between a williamsburg hipster and a LES one, and that i should hold one in higher regard than the other. sorry homie, but i don't make it a point to jock another man simply cause he's hung out in the same 'scene' (re: neighborhood) for a decade. awesome, dude can pay rent, where are my kneepads?!

if these pictures had been accompanied by some actually amusing quips about the people involed, i'd have had no problem with it, but fuck if i give a shit about some cat who works in a shoe store, or some ugly bitch who's been 'cooler' than me since age 5. yes, i have a sense of humor, but aint shit funny. no, i take it back, the fat japanese kid who plays with the cat, that was funny. the rest was an inside joke that i feel sorry for anyone who cares about. this whole thing was nothing but a vice article stripped of it's humor.

this is the second time we've 'quarelled' about me mocking ny hipster life. what would those cats do without you to defend them from me?!

No one asked you to hold one neighborhood in higher regard than another. i was merely illustrating how you made a basless attack with no information behind it. You want to make hate spewed rant directed at what you deem hipsters be my guest. But that's not what you did, you attcked people who you knew nothing about and generlized who they were to conform with your own notions.

here let me try this, maybe you'll understand. Everything you said, you feel that same way about say Futura?

i didn't deem them to be hipsters, the writer of the article did, i simply followed suit.

be honest tiger, why do you care? are these your people? you standing up for your crew? you flipping open your phone so you can call em an let em know some cat is dissing them on the internet? yall gonna rush me next time i come to town? please son, let it go. my opinion of them matters as little as their opinion of me. im not changing their life, and they're not changing mine.