Spring Break 2006

imported_dowmagik

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i like the idea of oakland. Black people ignore white people.You just have to be aware of your surroundings and keep your wits. I have great neighbors. Next door neighbor helped me fix my garage door. Other side sends me over a plate when they BBQ. Little boy across the street shovels my drive way.

I live in a working/ middle class neighborhood. It gets sketchy when you live in a poor neighborhood. Black white hispanic. Dont matter. Poverty = desperation. I suppose i would feel safer in a poor white neighborhood as i wouldnt stand out. Difference is a poor black neighborhood is more likely violent. More drug traffic. You dont want crackheads walking down your street. They steal. No matter the race

Guest Sparoism

Those were the days. My epic late night drunken rambles through the East Bay were legendary. One night I walked from my house in North Oakland all the way to punk rock donut night in Albany...met a few guys from 12 oz. that night, too. I got lost on the way home, and came up on a box of spraypaint someone put out on the curb somewhere in North Berkeley, and somehow got home with it without getting rolled on.

Spring seems a miilion years away right now. I'm fucking freezing, the temperature dropped thirty degrees in the past few days, and my girl wants to go to some art show across town. On bikes. Oh, and it snowed in the Berkeley hills last night. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr........yeah, sounds like a plan.

Sure. Right. Got it. Uh-huh.

Originally posted by dobsilla@Feb 18 2006, 06:21 PM

i can walk to berkeley school hitting spots drinking. then hit up the bar with beers for 1.62 get drunk. walk back to oakland hitting stuff. fun for all. harvey you got any flicks? you should hit me up on aim.

Sorry, no AIM on this side. No flicks from Oakland, either-- I just ended up going out and doing some spur-of-the-moment tracksides there after a local acquaintance told me how chill they were .

Road trip steez... I need to get out west again...I'm cold and bored.