Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Spraypaint on T-shirts.

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by whoneedsavet, Apr 30, 2005.

1. whoneedsavet

whoneedsavet New Jack

Just wondering Can I use spray paint on t-shirts to make a stencil. Ive got my design and the proper paint but spray paint always looks better because of the splater effects. Will it come off in the wash or will it stay?

2. rackoner_UHK

rackoner_UHK New Jack

Yea you can use paint on t-shirts. me and some of the people in my crew are still in high school and we sell shirts. oh yea it wont come off in the wash it will fade eventually.

3. whoneedsavet

whoneedsavet New Jack

I went ahead and done it anyway. Thanks for advice though. Ill post a pic in a minute. Im thinking of selling them in school too.

4. GEEB

GEEB Senior Member

When you say spray paint, do you mean like Krylon spray paint? or are you useing fabric paint? because ive got a few stencils i want to put on shirts also.

5. HAL

HAL Dirty Dozen Crew

Why don't you just do silkscreening? You can make whatever design you want, and it'll come out better than some stencil. Unless, of course, you're really into mallpunk and want that DIY look.

6. whoneedsavet

whoneedsavet New Jack

It was my first go at it. And it came out orite.

7. Beer Can

Beer Can New Jack

mall punk? hahahahahahahaha

8. whoneedsavet

whoneedsavet New Jack

I used Monster Colors Montana and Fabric Paint. The spray looked hand-made but the fabric paint looked like i bought it.

9. GnomeToys

GnomeToys Elite Member

You can paint really clean stencils on fabric if you iron everything out and put a board under the layer you're spraying on. I think different colors will have different longevity in the washer and dryer though, and the fabric blend of the shirt could affect this as well.

For example, with a polyester / cotton shirt, the toluene & other solvents in the spray paint will probably melt the poly to some degree before it evaporates and the paint should bond to it better than it will pure cotton. I have a stenciled cheap white poly/cotton shirt that was sprayed around 9 months ago and washed countless times and has not faded or decayed yet. This was with el-cheapo dollar store black gloss paint.

10. Gunm

Gunm Banned

ah ha ha ha ha....golden

11. donky

donky New Jack

wheres the pic u said u would post up!!!!!!!