Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Spray Paint

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by SayOne, Oct 16, 2001.

1. InfraRed

InfraRed Senior Member

Drunk; not scrolling through thread. Can I use Montana Sugar paint on steel or is it just some canvas shit? Just got a couple cans kicked down and I can't tell if it's good or not from the can.

2. InfraRed

InfraRed Senior Member

Nevermind, I figured out it's made by Ironlak and it's acrylic. I guess I'm doing a canvas or a buff wall.

3. breakfast menu

breakfast menu Member

i ordered some ludlow supply, i'll review it for you dorks.

4. Schnitzel

Schnitzel Dirty Dozen Crew

Oh shit dude it is awesome!!!!
    Like dulux with a belton valve.

I used
    gogo blue
    true blue
    Dandelion yellow
    Hogs bristle

sprays well and is great for outlines - all the things old dulux wasn't. also has that benefit that rusto has that it's paint and you can hold away from the walls and it will hit the wall instead of blowing away.

even the stock tips do a nice highlight.

expensive though jeez.

$12.00 a can makes it a bit hardcore to use but buy one for outlines then shit silvers for fills and I'm painting out in the country

5. Hua Guofang

Hua Guofang Dirty Dozen Crew

Might have to grab me a couple.

Been focusing on career over the last 6 months and haven't had time for anything else but have continued to stock up (especially with that new shop opening up down here lately). Got stupid amount of paint these days and am keen to get out and about, do a bit of experimenting and maybe to a few monumentally big silver/golds as well.

6. Slyle CMC

Slyle CMC Senior Member

Store link: capmatchescolor.bigcartel.com/

CMC is proud to officially announce our new line up of vintage spray heads. We spent the last year researching and trial testing these caps to bring you the best product possible. Introducing the CMC Jiffy cap, modeled after the infamous stock cap found on Jifoam oven cleaner, and the CMC Wally cap, modeled after the original stock cap found on Big Wally Wall Washer, the foaming-action household cleaner.

20077131346_52717309c2_z.jpg

Seckie and enteruncreativename like this.
  7. homeronee

homeronee New Jack

My favourite paint for bombing is easily Aus export, goes on wide n thick and lasts, gives it that old school ny kinda look. And easy to rack if you know where, and if your gonna use I recommend matte black and silver.

8. enteruncreativename

enteruncreativename Member

By Australian export do you mean Ironlak? That's my favorite overall brand but I don't use it very frequently because of the far drive to get to the store or crazy expensive shipping prices. Recently a store that sells Spanish Montana opened up near me and I like that brand.

But Style CMC, those Jiffy fats look great!

9. Seckie

Seckie New Jack

Those vintage caps look rad! Do you guys ship to Europe?!

10. Juca

Juca Member

someone tried edding spray paint??
    EddingSpraye-5200-Gruppe1.jpg
    1401832253-228.jpg
    DaWanda-edding-1.jpg

11. Victor8

Victor8 New Jack

Does anybody have a suggestion on what type of clear coat to use on chrome paint? To mention I also painted the chrome paint on plastic.

12. enteruncreativename

enteruncreativename Member

The Rusto clear coat has never failed me.

13. Victor8

Victor8 New Jack

Which one would it be? I used the Rustoleum American Accents that says "Gloss Clear" and it also says that it bonds to plastic but it turned my chrome paint into a dark gray and didn't look like chrome at all. Did you use the rustoleum clear coat on chrome and can you attach a picture of it?

14. breakfast menu

breakfast menu Member

don't think it exists. clear coat isn't quite "clear," and it's most evident over a metallic paint.

15. szr

szr Senior Member

Where did you find this? When I lived in Germany I used to use their markets. Never knew they made paint!