1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Spray Paint

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by SayOne, Oct 16, 2001.

1. SayOne

SayOne Guest

Spray Paint

Discussion started by SayOne - Oct 16, 2001

Aight people, it seems there are always specific threads about this and that bout spray paint, so im opening this (thinking that im cool) so that way all spray paint questions concerning brands and shit like that blah blah blah........ So ima start this bitch off by askin what you all think bout this America's Finest by Rustoleum. I have only used popsicle orange which is alright , it aint the best or the worst cuz for the price of a $1.25 its okay with me...:mexican:

2. bug

bug Guest

bug - Replied Oct 16, 2001

fuck yeah, americas finest. the ultra flat black is the same as krylons, but half the price. wanna fill in black? save money and only use the krylon for detail and cuts. the flat white is relly watery

3. fr8oholic

fr8oholic 12oz Veteran Member

fr8oholic - Replied Oct 16, 2001

opinions vary on what's better. molotow(belton) or montana. personally, they've both got qualities that i like but i prefer the belton. on the real though, rusto is some seriously good paint so don't sleep on the hometown stuff with all this fancy paint craze going on lately...

fr8oholic - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  4. hipnos

hipnos Guest

hipnos - Replied Oct 16, 2001

american accents summer squash is the best yellow i've ever seen. actually, american accents in general is pretty good, thick like rusto, nice colors.. for some reason i can't outline with krylon. i don't know what i'm doing wrong, but everytime i try, it comes out in a fat line, really drippy, even when i let the pressure out of the can, go right up against the wall and do my lines as fast as i can.. it's strange..

5. cdz

cdz 12oz Member

cdz - Replied Oct 16, 2001

nice poll. id rather use krylon cause its not as taxed as the rest. plus its quality. but they keep discontinuing good colors.
    -cdz

cdz - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  6. richard kyel

richard kyel Guest

richard kyel - Replied Oct 17, 2001

hipnos after you shake your can to paint with it, hold it upside down and spray to let some pressure out. with the less pressure outlining is easier and getting thin lines is muchos easier.

SOLARELAPS© likes this.
  7. wakassOATH

wakassOATH Guest

wakassOATH - Replied Oct 17, 2001

hmm i dont like this pole
    i love euro paint but with the prices im always stuck with my weekly 6 cans of wal mart color place for piecing

8. Graf Orlok

Graf Orlok 12oz Junior Member

Graf Orlok - Replied Oct 17, 2001

Rusto Gusto

I haven't experimented with every color of every brand, and I don't do much in can mixing, but my favorite is Painter's Touch from Rusto, or just plain Rustoleum. I've rocked some American Accents for some of the blue shades and I've also tried out OSH brand, but that is about it. The cheap-o brands are thin. I've only used Krylon when no other wa available, and didn't notice much of a difference, but that was only once or twice. I find that a fat cap on some Painters Touch works great and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Like Seen says, "Holding a can of Rustoleum is like holding three other shit brands." Price isn't as much of a concern when you're racking.

Maybe somebody could post what caps work well with what brands. What works best in terms of thickness, spray control, permenence, price, and color selection.

I suppose this thread would be the place for that... or start another and leave this one as a poll.

Graf Orlok - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  9. SayOne

SayOne Guest

SayOne - Replied Oct 17, 2001

Re: Rusto Gusto

That is why i made this,any questions concerning , "What works best in terms of thickness, spray control, permenence, price, and color selection", ........make this shit sticky!!!:idea:

10. crso

crso 12oz Senior Member

crso - Replied Oct 17, 2001

either krylon or rusto. doesn't matter.

crso - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  11. *SIZEROKS*

*SIZEROKS* 12oz Veteran Member

*SIZEROKS* - Replied Oct 17, 2001

i use rusto mainly for it awsom coverage, krylon here and there because it paints clean....... i have only used montana when i was over seas, but it covers like rusto and handels like krylon.............

*SIZEROKS* - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  12. imported_splint2

imported_splint2 12oz Senior Member

imported_splint2 - Replied Oct 17, 2001

sizeroks is right, montana is the best of both worlds. also, a lot of caps work on them, which is another plus. the only bad thing is the high price. :spent: as far as quality goes, it's awesome.

imported_splint2 - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  13. imported_splint2

imported_splint2 12oz Senior Member

imported_splint2 - Replied Oct 17, 2001

what caps work with what

well, graf orlok mentioned posting some shit such as, what caps work with what, so i decided to make a list of my findings. if you got anything to add or correct, please do.

----------------------------

-Krylon
    german outlines
    ny thins
    ny fats
    german bluedots
    german blackdots
    german greydots
    german orangedot fats
    german jumbos

-Rusto
    german outlines (some cans, others they screw up)
    ny thins
    rusto fats

-Montana
    german outlines
    german bluedots
    german blackdots
    german orangedot fats
    german jumbos

hope this helps

imported_splint2 - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  14. wakassOATH

wakassOATH Guest

wakassOATH - Replied Oct 18, 2001

good list, it will help alot of people, someone should just make a new thread post all the info on what caps go with what cans and perma-bump it ..its always good info

it gets weird though will the more rare caps
    ex, i use a cap its not a comfort cap, and the ridges on the side or bold and spaced apart, unlike any kind its got a big oragis red center thats sticks out just a bit
    i think they are called rusto fat type Bs or type As 9they are not the usual rustos)
    but where i come from alot of cats just call them ..quick fillers

hmm maybe if i feel bored tonight ill do it who knows

15. kloak

kloak New Jack

kloak - Replied Oct 18, 2001

montana !

montana is a fine paint to use

althogh its hight pressure makes it a little harder for skinny and deatale lines than it is with belton

then again that can be sorted out with by turning it upside doun and letting the pressure out

kloak - Rank: New Jack - Messages: