spray finger

a1koolaid

i recently did a piece in my living room and decided to try a new brand of paint....this was about a week ago and my spray finger is numb..still..(i have painted a lot before and never had this happen) if anyone has had the same thing happen or knows anything of this could ya post please..thanks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

one time when i hadnt played bball in a long time and went back to it..the tip of my index finger (which gives the ball its backspin), basically started to peel off. the skin became all raw and just started to look like it was rotting away. but i was fine in a few days - you will be too.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!

ok i was just pretty scared...i came back from painting and my indexfinger and thumb would not move. i tried moving them but they were like superstill...i think cause it was really cold, they could have actaully froze but i dont know. i was just thinking to myself, "what the fuck?" ok ill stop talking now about my frozen fingers. ha

Guest cover .

its like basically losing your graffiti virginity .

man. i remember when that happened to me.. my finger was numb for like 3-7 days at least.

oh and i guess there are some other virginities in graff.. like getting arrested.. but .. its ok.. it takes either a smart writer or a completely stupid motherfucker to get over. i say.. just be smart.

oh.. and if you continue to hurt in your finger.. try using german tips.

Guest drip one

you sure youve been writing for three years and never had that happen. what kind of painting have you been doing. and do you have winter where you live.

• 5 weeks later...

if your fingers getting tired and you cant press the tip anymore, that just takes a little more finger strength, which comes with more work...if your finger goes numb its just too much pressure on your finger and its not used to it.....it can last for more than a month (on the indexfinger at least)....the more you paint and use your finger, youll notice it goes away.

you don't really need your index finger much anyway

so what if it hurts just cut it off or something damn

Or let's say for some reason u want to keep it -- take about 5 pennies some masking or duct tape and become macguyver like the ol saying on 12oz message boards EXPERIMENT

:idea:

Guest SIKFUK

ive been painting since 1982, and every now and then my finger will cramp/jam up. one time after doing a 10'x25' wall with a few friends, at an indoor sk8 park, guess about 11 straight hrs. of painting, a full all out production, my right hand that i use, swelled up massively!!!!!!! i mean you couldn't see my knuckles, veins in the top of my hand or anything, it was sick, and stayed like that after hrs. of ice, for about 3 days, guess it had enuff that day.luckily, i use my left hand when i jerk off[haha], so it didnt really affect me too much, that my right hand was fucked up, except for writing..holding a pen was a bitch though.good luck

Guest SIKFUK

after ramblin on, im sorry never really gave you an idea.lets see????? try holding the can with your 4 fingers, and use your thumb, as the trigger/spray finger, i do that sometimes and it works quite well.like everyone else has said, it will eventually go away in time, as your finger is more prone to being used that way.i find the same problem if i havent painted in awhile, but it goes away quick. also 1 more tip,seriously, if you have a girlfriend, try fingering her ass, i know, yuk right? actually my girl likes when i'm eating her out. i find that theres something about the rectal muscles that actually massages the tendons/minute muscles in your fingers, which may help eleviate this problem for you.it also benefits you in another way, eventually makes way for a ''bigger'' item to go into the black whole,if you know what i mean.haha.have a good one.:eek:

Archived