spots to hit in city vs in town

tré

the whole mentality of doing graffiti in a city is completely different than doing graffiti in a town. cities usually have bigger scenes, with more writers and more spots to hit. buildings, signs, poles, busses, and doors are abundant in cities. in my town, its usually under/overpasses and only certain buildings. for example, i tagged a metal box at an intersection, and saw my tag at 8am driving to school. driving home from school, at 2:15 the same day, it was already buffed, and the police took pictures of it. however nobody's really noticed the pieces i do under bridges. i can only hit buildings that are abandoned, or else its pretty common that the police will be called and will come investigate my painting. i'm just wondering whether you all or urban or sub, and what kind of stuff you like to paint on.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by tré@Jan 8 2005, 05:23 PM

the whole mentality of doing graffiti in a city is completely different than doing graffiti in a town. cities usually have bigger scenes, with more writers and more spots to hit. buildings, signs, poles, busses, and doors are abundant in cities. in my town, its usually under/overpasses and only certain buildings. for example, i tagged a metal box at an intersection, and saw my tag at 8am driving to school. driving home from school, at 2:15 the same day, it was already buffed, and the police took pictures of it. however nobody's really noticed the pieces i do under bridges. i can only hit buildings that are abandoned, or else its pretty common that the police will be called and will come investigate my painting. i'm just wondering whether you all or urban or sub, and what kind of stuff you like to paint on.

Fuck that. If you find a really nice spot that'll let you rock a nice piece, that's fuckin' awesome! Keep it, savor it, start your own scene. Why run to a city whose scene is already generated. If you're the only kid in west bumbafuck, then be glad to be king of west bumbafuck. Then you can come to the city and tell us that you're the west bumbafuck king. And make sure you got rockin' new styles because we have enough wack writers with no style whatsoeva!

Back in the day I used to hit up my town like crazy while coming home from parties and then found more and more grafiti in the town after a while...it was cool to see that I started something...

...but let it be known I wouldn't do that anymore, small town power trip cops have nothing to do...and hence will care a lot more than some cop who has bigger fish to fry.

kids who aren't from cities start out by bombin their town...

they either quit, or realize that bombing a small town isn't that much fun and move on to better stuff..like highways and trainlines...

lens: you need to stop tryin to come off like such a hardass...do you even write?...

Originally posted by war pigs@Jan 12 2005, 06:30 PM

kids who aren't from cities start out by bombin their town...

they either quit, or realize that bombing a small town isn't that much fun and move on to better stuff..like highways and trainlines...

I used to rock my small town to the death of it. How hard you crush your town depends on the actual size. If the town is large enough then you can get nice. Where I used to live was a college town and it had the campuses, surrounding neighborhoods, small downtown shopping area, industrial area, and even a ghetto. This town was by no means an actual city, but it still had plenty of spots to hit, and it even had lotsa freights and a couple nice bridges. I rocked tags everywhere (boxes, light poles, alleys, signs, and even buisinesses. Throwups too, and a couple roofs. If shit was crushed then i would go to the freights or abandoned buildings and let it cool off for a few months. Obviouisly its easier to get caught up and hassled by pigs, but dont get shook. Eventually I realized i could take the small town steez only so far so I moved to a bigger city. I still have love for small towns and rock them whenever im passing through. Small towns are always gonna be the shit for chill freight spots, as long as local dufuses dont blow your cover.

i am saddened by the complete stupidity of some of our members. instead of closing threads, we're beginning a new initiative where we get our 1337 h4x0Rzz to find out where you live, and we come around and cane your ass like this was singapore.

12oz mods/coming to a town near you