Sports showboating

Dr. Dazzle

Everyone loves when these supposed "best athletes in the world" actually show why we call them that. There's nothing better than seeing outrageous skill and the sheepish looks of those who just got beat by it. This thread is dedicated to just that. Post videos from any sports, as long as there's some stuff that just makes you go "daaaaamn". Not necessarily scoring, unless it's pretty spectacular, I'm talking dribbling, showboating, and all other general unsportsmanlike behaviour.

A selection of dope soccer skills, takes a while to download but well worth it

Spectacular hockey goal

Kung-fu ping pong

Rene Higuita's Scorpion save

Yeah post up what you've got

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Before I click the link - YOU GUYS MUST HAVE SEEN THE FUCK UP BY THAT POLITICIAN'S DAUGHTER BEFORE THE US/CANADA EXHIBITION GAME FOR THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!

THE LADY MESSED UP THE AMERICAN NATIONAL ANTHEM, LEFT THE ICE, CAME BACK ONLY TO SLIP AND FALL ON HER HEAD.

Said Martin Brodeur: I hope she doesn't go on Canadian Idol.

I saw this on FOX: Boston last night, so i know you Americans saw it.

I remember seeinng that Michigan goal the night it happened. It was a few years ago. That was awesome (because it was the tying goal), but I bet he was a marked man after that.

Sydney Crosby of Rimouski did something similar a bit ago, and Don Cherry went on Coach's Corner and told kids not to do such things because it's hot dogging and you will be hunted down and dealt with accordingly.

Originally posted by Weapon X@Apr 24 2005, 10:05 AM

Before I click the link - YOU GUYS MUST HAVE SEEN THE FUCK UP BY THAT POLITICIAN'S DAUGHTER BEFORE THE US/CANADA EXHIBITION GAME FOR THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!

THE LADY MESSED UP THE AMERICAN NATIONAL ANTHEM, LEFT THE ICE, CAME BACK ONLY TO SLIP AND FALL ON HER HEAD.

Said Martin Brodeur: I hope she doesn't go on Canadian Idol.

I saw this on FOX: Boston last night, so i know you Americans saw it.

Oh man I saw that on the news, she is going to be traumatized for life because of that. Absolutely hilarious....

I couldn't find a link to it though

Originally posted by Weapon X@Apr 24 2005, 10:12 AM

I remember seeinng that Michigan goal the night it happened. It was a few years ago. That was awesome (because it was the tying goal), but I bet he was a marked man after that.

Sydney Crosby of Rimouski did something similar a bit ago, and Don Cherry went on Coach's Corner and told kids not to do such things because it's hot dogging and you will be hunted down and dealt with accordingly.

That reminds me of this Brazilian kid called Kerlon, he does this trick where he flicks the ball up on his heard and runs with it. Pretty much the only way to stop him is to foul him. He might think he's hot shit now, but once he starts playing with the pros and they break his legs to shit for it, he'll think twice.

Here's a link to him doing it. It's the top video on the list on the right. Check out the swift kick to the midrift. What now bitch?

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle+Apr 24 2005, 03:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dr. Dazzle - Apr 24 2005, 03:00 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Weapon X@Apr 24 2005, 10:12 AM

That reminds me of this Brazilian kid called Kerlon, he does this trick where he flicks the ball up on his heard and runs with it. Pretty much the only way to stop him is to foul him. He might think he's hot shit now, but once he starts playing with the pros and they break his legs to shit for it, he'll think twice.

Here's a link to him doing it. It's the top video on the list on the right. Check out the swift kick to the midrift. What now bitch?

[/b]

i didnt see that anywhere in the video

I read about that woman singing the 'Star Spangled Blunder' on google news this morning.

I saw on some NBA recap show earlier this season where someone

pulled one of those 'hotdog steet' moves where he bounces the

ball off the defenders head and then runs past him to jam it in.

The guy who 'got served' bitched about it for days to anyone who

would listen because 'it's not how you do things in the NBA'.

Guy was just mad that he was made a fool on tv.

If anyone watched this year's Rose Bowl, you'll know who Vince Young is - the QB for The University of Texas. In action:

VY_Mich.gif

VY_KU.gif

Sidestep/teleportation.

VY_WSU.gif

Here's a backview of that sort of move against a WSU defender. At least he actually makes some attaempt to reach his arm out as Young, who also looks about a head taller than everyone else, telports to the right.

VY_Rice.gif

Here's the same thing with blocker help, which he probably actually didn't need.

VY_OU2.gif

Same thing against OU.

VY_CU.gif

Here, he incorporates a change of sprinting direction rightward with the sidestep. He runs toward the middle of a loose group of CU defenders, then hard cuts/sidesteps right and sprints around the rightmost of the group.

VY_OU.gif

Again embarrasing an OU defender.

Someone else's description of him running:

The worst part about that as a defender is that, even when a guy is lucky enough to lay their hands on him in the open field, without help, Young usually just runs through it. He also almost never goes down on ankle tackles. People also forget that he's really layed the wood on a few people at the end of runs, which is just odd to watch from a guy that seemingly willowy.

I don't really think he thinks about the setup a lot. I think he kind of views other defenders as shorter sluggish things he's "running around" and looking over when he's out there. Like when playing keep away with 12-13 year olds. He just kind of runs at them then around them, through them, or whatever, until a bunch grab or trip him.

Especially with his size, he really doesn't run like anyone else I've seen. He's cut a bit like Moss, but he's significantly bigger, stronger and, most importantly, runs much more loosely. Some similarities to a former shorter UT player, Roy Williams, in that he's a very long strider with a lots of elusiveness shorter stride guys usually have, but Young also regulates his stride length with surprising ease, even with those long legs. Along with all of that change of direction and start-stop stuff that Roy didn't have (at least to that degree). One of a kind.