spirituality

duh-rye-won

i've had two experiences in my life which i would consider "spiritual experiences". they're probably not what people would typically think of as being a spiritual thing, but they were to me. these were just the two times in my life where i really thought to myself, "self, that was some fuckin' bugged out next level shit that i really can't understand".

first experience was a bugged out dream i had about 4 years ago. it was an out of body experience type of thing. i felt myself lift up out of my body and i was looking down on myself sleeping. then i kind of drifted over to the door to my bedroom. then i woke the fuck up with the craziest conflict of emotions, like pure calm and serenity, but my heart was racing like fuck. the thing that really fuckin got me tho, was the amount of detail in which i saw myself sleeping. i was laying in one of those kind of weird "passed the fuck out" positions. it's not how i would picture myself if i were to imagine how i would look sleeping. the other detail was this scar i have on the back of my head that you can see when my hair is cut short. i NEVER fucking think about the scar. but there it fucking was in my dream. i'm just looking at myself, and the detail that i see myself in is just unbelievable.

every other dream i've had is like some vague hazy shit, and i remember emotions mixed with images that really don't make sense. this was totally different, and it was fucked up. totally freaked me out. it's really hard to convey the weirdness and feeling of a dream, all i can say is that it seemed to me that what i saw did not come from my imagination, but came from actually seeing myself from another perspective.

the next experience was last year in china. this one was a lot different. i was walking around in mainland china and there were these young shaolin monk kids doing a performance on the street. they were fucking unbelievably ill. this one little fucker took this big ass steel bar, and wrapped the fucking thing around his neck 3 or 4 times. after their performance was over, i check out the steel bar. it's probably about 5 feet long. i grabbed the thing from both ends and tried to bend it in half. maybe i bent it about 3 or 4 inches. and this little scrawny fucking kid was twisting the thing around his neck over and over.

i was really fucking stunned. all i could think was that these kids were definitely in touch with some power that lies within ourselves that is really on a spiritual level.

for the most part, i'm not really religious or spiritual. i definitely believe there are forces in the universe that we don't understand, and maybe they would be something like a god. but i don't really believe anything out there gives a fuck what we're doing or pays any attention to us. i wish i could believe that. it's a nice idea.

so what's ur guys thoughts? believe in god? ever have any weird experiences make you think twice about your original beliefs? boogie hands?

slow day in the office. reading a kurt vonnegut book last night that got me thinking bout this shit.

-agent goose mulder

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

nice post man. i like how you had a spiritual experience in china. often times when people travel there exposed to different situations which force them to have experiences they usually would have.

do you think there is a concrete method to forcing one self to elevate spiritually without resorting to religious dogma(s)?

I can't say that I've had a 'spiritual experience' so to speak, but the comment that dude made above about being in a foreign country made me think about how travelling has made me the person I am today.

When I travel, it's usually by myself, and without getting into specifics, I've noticed that I always come away with a memory that, when looking back, makes me notice something about myself that makes me take stock and either improve or evaluate and then change something about myself. (one sentence paragraph, whut!)

But when I think of being somewhere, I can always pinpoint one or two very vivid memories that have changed the way I think about the world around me. I don't know what I'm getting at but a constant growth is important to me. And I learned that while travelling.

I've heard of dreams like this before, but I can't say I recall having one like that.

There was one time I was rock climbing in Maine, and I got lost and started to panic. I thought I was going to die, and all I could do was start praying to god. A few minutes later I spotted people not too far off and I followed them down the mountain. That really made me question my beliefs. Personally, I feel there is some form of higher power. I don't believe in religion, but I can't call myself an atheist. It's really hard for me to give this subject alot of thought because it's just too complicated for me to comprehend. It's like that feeling you get in your head when you try to imagine what was here before the earth.

ever heard of gnosticism? what about the corpus hermeticum?

one reason i didn't post about any of my spiritual experiences is because i like to keep them close and personal. it makes them that much more special.

life, for all of us should be a highly spiritual experience in my opinion. like effyoo said, travels bring him closer to who he is...adding insight and whatnot. while i'm sure that he as everyone else does, has it inside himself, travelling is what brings it out of him.

for me, it's several things. painting, meditation, or just a walk down the block.

i think that what we speak of as 'god' or 'allah' or whatever name you give it, is really everythign we have encountered and are to encounter in our lives.

it's the universe within and without. positive and negative, up and down, in and out....all harmonious. hmm, maybe just to finish up by saying order out fo chaos....

Originally posted by metallix@Oct 24 2004, 11:08 PM

ok since my first post didnt make sense. i mean what the fuck is spiritual growth any way? its a subjective term. and using enthnogens is a fast way to the grave.

how so? entheogens are less harmful than narcotics (i.e. opiates, etc). and may i remind you we are all dying from the minute we are conceived?

as for spiritual growth....it's probably just as subjective as everything else.

to me, it's a constant of growth. until i die, however that may be, i hope to be constantly growing.

Have you ever said/thought something crazy and it happened a split second later?

This shit happens to me almost daily.

There is the every day occurences where I'll be like "damn I need a pack of smokes I wish I found one" and then I will find a pack randomly or someone will offer to buy me one. Then a lot I'll be like "fuck I'm starving I want some bangin food" and my mom will walk through the door with cheesesteaks or something. These things happen to me every other day atleast.

Then there are the times where even more unpredictable things happen this way.

There has been like 4 times where someone was riding a bike by and I was like "that would be the shit if he fell" and they did.

Or one time I said "what if we just saw a car crash" and bang a little fender bender. Nothing big but it happened.

Then theres times where I'll be like "fuck I'm bored I hope someone calls me" and look at my phone then all the sudden it lights up and its my boy.

There has been times where I called shit out loud infront of all my friends and it happened and everyone was shitting their pants but I can't really remember them all.

* Oh shit I neglected to write about my police feelings. There has been about 15 different times over the past 3 years that I have been with one of my friends and with other people..and all of the sudden feeling really weird like inside my chest..and then being like "aight man we need to leave"..then fucking 5 minutes later everyone gets locked up. And those are just the times someone got locked up..I don't know if a cop came the other times.

I, in no way ,am saying this shit is like psychic or something, but it does kind of make me feel weird when it happens so much.

everything is energy/matter. your spirit is like a battery. it goes to random objects, turns them on (your human body) and when the object can no longer control the battery the object decays into a different form. (death) and your energy goes on throughout the universe.

many cultures claimed god was nature / god is everything around us all the matter and energry in the world / universal infinity and we are all connected. It might be where "intuition" and other coincidences came from.

as far as the china incident, the kid is either playing a joke or is in touch with another form of changing matter rather than using strength or machine.