Spider senses

RoboThruster

So for the last six months or so I've become aware of these natural protective or nourishment insticts I have. They are pretty much like spider mans spider sense except I don't make a funny cross eyed face when I pick up on something (see spiderman one right before the school bully throws a punch at Peter Parker). I've always had them and I think most, if not all, other people must have them aswell. But its only lately I've started taking notice and thinking about them.

It's a bit hard to articulate but I guess anyone who's "just had a bad feeling" about something would know what I'm talking about. But it doesn't just apply to danger. It also applies to all kinds of random shit that might somehow better your circumstances. Here are some of my more recent examples.

- Bag theft incident 1 . I'm sitting there painting a wall and this random guy rocks up. By graffiti terms he doesn't look particularly shifty. Now my bag full of paint is a couple meteres behind me and my back is to it because I'm obviously facing the wall. He's a fair way away from it but I still just get a feeling somethings up. I turn around and stair at him and he's kind of inching towards my bag. When he see's me looking he starts drifting in the opposite direction. I turn back to the wall and turn around quickly 2 seconds later and he's doing the same shit. I go and stand next to my bag and give him a "try it motherfucker" look and he walks off.

- Bag theft incident 2. Basically the same shit except I was at a friends fairwell party. He knows some weirdo's but I figured it'de be cool because we're all meant to be friends here even if these people are crackheaded. I'm sitting their talking to some random brazilian chick and I just get feeling someones trying to go through my bag. I look over and see two of my friends guests who are sitting next to it, giving looks to each other and looking at the bag like they are trying to figure out if they should rack it or not. They see me looking once again with that "try it motherfucker" look. I go grab my backpack and go up the road for a bit so as not to embarress my friend on his last night in town.

I've got more that don't involve my backpack or people trying to steal it from me. But these things are taking longer than I imagined and I've got stuff to do. But you get the idea.

Is anyone else running around with spider sense? Stories? Theories about its existence?

Discuss.

Edit- typo's

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i got the wierdest feeling someone will try to steal your bag tomorrow....

i don't know what to believe anymore; i think it is either a) a certain degree of paranoia will eventually pay off and you'll forget all those other occasions when you stared at an innocent old woman because you had a feeling she might be a suicide bomber. or b) every action has a reaction and somewhere in your brain muscle it understands the part that it has played in fuelling a negative reaction so you can sort of pre empt the reaction. or c) someone spilled chemical x on you the other day and you have developed a special sense which you will have to make a choice about; do you use it for good, or do you use it to lull attractive women into bed so that you can have sex with their bums

Originally posted by RoboThruster@Feb 22 2005, 05:44 AM

Not really. If you had bothered reading those examples the point of them was there wasn't really any common sense reason for me to be wary of my bag.

Maybe you go around treating every normal looking person you see and your friends's friends like thieves?

It's called "paranoia" Crazy huh?

I'm pretty sure you'll find that it is common sense. If you hang around crackheads, common sense will tell you that if you leave your bag lying around, they're gonna go for it. If you're painting and you see someone shifty coming and your bag is behind you, common sense will tell you to keep an eye on it. Also, you'll think to keep an eye on it because if you were in the same situation as said shifty fellow, you'd probably contemplate how easy it would be to grab that bag and run, even if you would never actually do it.

Crazy huh?

Originally posted by ASER1NE@Feb 22 2005, 03:54 AM

Im pretty sure youre refering to your instincts . Or that 'other' feeling ppl get but cant explain , like when you know someone's watching/looking at you . Or when you know bad shit will happen if you walk down that alley or thru that park .etc etc .

Yeah, actually this shit happens to me alot. It freaks people out when I whip around out of nowhere and look directly at whoever was staring at me. I mean why the fuck are they staring anyways? Am I that farking ugly or what?

Originally posted by rental+Feb 23 2005, 07:09 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rental - Feb 23 2005, 07:09 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>so....i mean...can you catch people falling off the empire state building?

[/b]

No, but I could of probably given that douchebag who stole your purse a "try it motherfucker" look.

And then we could have spooned. (See super old post in that secrets thread Re: Cuddling you :naughty: ;) )

<!--QuoteBegin-Hoblow@Feb 23 2005, 08:17 AM

I'm pretty sure you'll find that it is common sense. If you hang around crackheads, common sense will tell you that if you leave your bag lying around, they're gonna go for it. If you're painting and you see someone shifty coming and your bag is behind you, common sense will tell you to keep an eye on it. Also, you'll think to keep an eye on it because if you were in the same situation as said shifty fellow, you'd probably contemplate how easy it would be to grab that bag and run, even if you would never actually do it.

Crazy huh?

While I find your whole "lets make generic cynical comments on 12oz and try and pass myself off as one of the cool kids" thing amusing, I think you need to learn to read alittle more carefully. I've pointed out that the guy in bag incident one was not shifty looking twice now. This is the third. Hence the "maybe you treat everyone normal looking person you see like theives" comment. As for the second one I was using "crackheaded" as an expression just to mean that my friends's friends (not my friends, I resent it being suggested that I hang out with junky's) are quite strange. So no, it wasn't common sense. Atleast not in the obvious way you trying to say it is. I can see how you got confused with the last one, but still, it's called "being literate" crazy huh?

Oh yeah, and while we're at it. No. I wouldn't be thinking about racking some guys bag in that situation. Way to try and tell me what I'm thinking :rolleyes:

Originally posted by JUSTONE@Feb 22 2005, 10:39 PM

i got the wierdest feeling someone will try to steal your bag tomorrow....

i don't know what to believe anymore; i think it is either a) a certain degree of paranoia will eventually pay off and you'll forget all those other occasions when you stared at an innocent old woman because you had a feeling she might be a suicide bomber. or b) every action has a reaction and somewhere in your brain muscle it understands the part that it has played in fuelling a negative reaction so you can sort of pre empt the reaction. or c) someone spilled chemical x on you the other day and you have developed a special sense which you will have to make a choice about; do you use it for good, or do you use it to lull attractive women into bed so that you can have sex with their bums

Forgot to mention this post was hilarious. Thanks.

The way I've made sense of it is basically that subconciously you probably pick up on alot of stuff that you don't aknowledge on the surface. So getting feelings about shit is really your subconcious telling you stuff that you've actually picked up on and don't know it. Either that or option c) :haha:

Originally posted by villain@Feb 22 2005, 07:12 PM

I've never done the phone thing... but then again, noone really calls me either...

*Yeah actually I wonder sometimes why I even have a phone cause I always have hundreds of minutes left over.

What you need is a plan with roll-over, yo. Keep saving up all those minutes and then make a friend in Abu Dhabi. Think of the children.

Originally posted by RoboThruster@Feb 23 2005, 08:15 AM

The way I've made sense of it is basically that subconciously you probably pick up on alot of stuff that you don't aknowledge on the surface. So getting feelings about shit is really your subconcious telling you stuff that you've actually picked up on and don't know it. Either that or option c) :haha:

Jebus. So you go to all that trouble of putting me down because i come up with a logical explanation to your thoughts, your magical "spider sense" and then you go an attribute it to.........a logical thought pattern in your head, which has no magical powers attached. Well, i'm gonna go and take my crazy, wild, unbelievable, logical theories and hang out with the other cool kids behind the bleachers dude.

I never said anything about magical powers. If you look at the first sentence I used the term "instincts" not "powers" or any stupid shit of that nature. Its funny how you keep having to twist or ignore things to make your reply's.

And "its called common sense crazy huh ?" isn't a logical explanation. Its a sacastic remark.

Now your getting annoying. Fuck off out of my thread.

Your being evicted.

Goodnight.

Edit - ohh yeah, and I forgot about your bleachers thing. Lets imagine 12oz as a big suburban high school filled with bored kids who have nothing better to do than act like they and their buddies are stuck in a perpetual episode of melrose place.

In this scenario you would not be a cool kid. At best you'de be one of those kids who follows one of the cool kids around paying for his weed and forever giving him ciggerettes and shit. More then likely you'de be that angry loner kid who rocked up to school wearing camoflage pants and is always making up shit about how he beat up so and so, Or how such and such tried to stab him because he thinks people will respect him if he sounds "tough" But instead he just gets laughed at alot.

Now where were we? Eviction. You know what to do.

Originally posted by RoboThruster@Feb 22 2005, 04:50 AM

They are pretty much like spider mans spider sense

Sorry, but this implies something more than plain old instinct to me.

Calling it common sense is a fairly logical explanation as far as i'm concerned. If you hang around people that are shifty, like your friends "crackheaded" friends, then common instinct will tell you to watch your shit, like i've already said. I know thats the way i would think, maybe due to the environment i've grown up in, but it seems like a firly fucking logiccal conclusion to come to. But you had to go and take it all personally, like i was insulting your honour. Get over it. Nobody cares about e-popularity and i certainly couldn't give a fuck about making generic witty put downs on 12oz to impress people i'll never see and don't think about. In fact, i wasn't even going to reply anymore in this thread to, avoid getting yuor e-dick hard, but seeing as how you acted like you own the place, i felt disrespecting your wishes was the least i could do. Hatred breed hatred breeds ignorance. Don't be one of the dumb people.

I know i wouldn't argue with an arrogant drunk.