Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Spider senses

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by RoboThruster, Feb 21, 2005.

1. RoboThruster

RoboThruster Member

So for the last six months or so I've become aware of these natural protective or nourishment insticts I have. They are pretty much like spider mans spider sense except I don't make a funny cross eyed face when I pick up on something (see spiderman one right before the school bully throws a punch at Peter Parker). I've always had them and I think most, if not all, other people must have them aswell. But its only lately I've started taking notice and thinking about them.

It's a bit hard to articulate but I guess anyone who's "just had a bad feeling" about something would know what I'm talking about. But it doesn't just apply to danger. It also applies to all kinds of random shit that might somehow better your circumstances. Here are some of my more recent examples.

- Bag theft incident 1 . I'm sitting there painting a wall and this random guy rocks up. By graffiti terms he doesn't look particularly shifty. Now my bag full of paint is a couple meteres behind me and my back is to it because I'm obviously facing the wall. He's a fair way away from it but I still just get a feeling somethings up. I turn around and stair at him and he's kind of inching towards my bag. When he see's me looking he starts drifting in the opposite direction. I turn back to the wall and turn around quickly 2 seconds later and he's doing the same shit. I go and stand next to my bag and give him a "try it motherfucker" look and he walks off.

- Bag theft incident 2. Basically the same shit except I was at a friends fairwell party. He knows some weirdo's but I figured it'de be cool because we're all meant to be friends here even if these people are crackheaded. I'm sitting their talking to some random brazilian chick and I just get feeling someones trying to go through my bag. I look over and see two of my friends guests who are sitting next to it, giving looks to each other and looking at the bag like they are trying to figure out if they should rack it or not. They see me looking once again with that "try it motherfucker" look. I go grab my backpack and go up the road for a bit so as not to embarress my friend on his last night in town.

I've got more that don't involve my backpack or people trying to steal it from me. But these things are taking longer than I imagined and I've got stuff to do. But you get the idea.

Is anyone else running around with spider sense? Stories? Theories about its existence?

Discuss.

Edit- typo's

2. Hoblow

Hoblow Senior Member

It's called "common sense" Crazy huh?

3. RoboThruster

RoboThruster Member

Not really. If you had bothered reading those examples the point of them was there wasn't really any common sense reason for me to be wary of my bag.

Maybe you go around treating every normal looking person you see and your friends's friends like thieves?

It's called "paranoia" Crazy huh?

4. What?

What? New Jack

Stop hanging around crackheads.

5. Æ°

Æ° Senior Member

That shit happens to me all the time.

Then I realize I'm just fucking paranoid.

6. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

THEY'RE ALWAYS AFTER ME LUCKY CHARMS!

7. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

Im pretty sure youre refering to your instincts . Or that 'other' feeling ppl get but cant explain , like when you know someone's watching/looking at you . Or when you know bad shit will happen if you walk down that alley or thru that park .etc etc .

8. dkab

dkab Member

i wish i had super powers. that would be cool.

9. HAL

HAL Dirty Dozen Crew

Wait........ someone here actually paints?

10. JUSTONE

JUSTONE Member

i got the wierdest feeling someone will try to steal your bag tomorrow....

i don't know what to believe anymore; i think it is either a) a certain degree of paranoia will eventually pay off and you'll forget all those other occasions when you stared at an innocent old woman because you had a feeling she might be a suicide bomber. or b) every action has a reaction and somewhere in your brain muscle it understands the part that it has played in fuelling a negative reaction so you can sort of pre empt the reaction. or c) someone spilled chemical x on you the other day and you have developed a special sense which you will have to make a choice about; do you use it for good, or do you use it to lull attractive women into bed so that you can have sex with their bums

11. Gat Bush

Gat Bush Veteran Member

nigga you crackheaded

12. rental

rental Dirty Dozen Crew

so....i mean...can you catch people falling off the empire state building?

13. Mr. Peanut

Mr. Peanut Elite Member

:haha: :haha: :haha:

14. krs702

krs702 Senior Member

these fools dont understand
    i find myself knowing when people will call without forewarning. instinctly i think 7:30, phone rings. i dont have daily phone calls ringing at 7 30.

15. Hoblow

Hoblow Senior Member

I'm pretty sure you'll find that it is common sense. If you hang around crackheads, common sense will tell you that if you leave your bag lying around, they're gonna go for it. If you're painting and you see someone shifty coming and your bag is behind you, common sense will tell you to keep an eye on it. Also, you'll think to keep an eye on it because if you were in the same situation as said shifty fellow, you'd probably contemplate how easy it would be to grab that bag and run, even if you would never actually do it.
    Crazy huh?