Spending habits

T=E=A=S=E

do you guys ever tend to live above your means? by buying to much shit that you don't really have money for but want enough to go ahead and get it?

ive bought a lot of things lately, paying some off with money, some on a credit card, and one big item financed for a year at the store i bought it from.

so basically im getting a little in over my head, i mean i got a good job and im making sure to put down money on my credit card and on my other big bill there, but damn i got to quit buying shit seriously.

but that brings me to this question for you all:

how do you live? are you more conserative and only buy when you have the money? or are you a little more loose like I am when buying stuff that you might not need at the moment but want it bad enough to go for it anyways?

personally... i like living above my means, not really in a dangerous risky way, but i believe that money can always be made, and that if there is something i want bad enough, im going to get my hands on it some how some way.

on the other hand though i got to get some of this debt lowered though. im like $7,000 in the hole right now and working my way out of it.

what kind of spending habits or behaviors do you have when it comes to buying shit?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

first of all, when you pay off the credit card - cut that fucker in half. if you can't afford to buy it today DON'T BUY IT!

trust me, you don't need all that material bullshit. if you keep throwing money away on crap and don't learn how to budget, you'll never be able to get out of your parent's place

i spend too, too much money, i spend at least $120.00 a night just on alcohol and drugs. not to mention i buy at least 8 dvd's a week, and i spend MOST of my money on clothes. and i still manage to pay all my monthly bills.so yes, i live way beyond my means...

deto/i'll show you how to stunt!

Guest imported_Tesseract

Deto, we all know that you take drugs by now...you never fail to mention it here and there. Now that its common knowledge will you please cut it out in order to stay on the board? word

Guest imported_Tesseract

Tease what did you buy? i'm really curious as to what dropped you 7k in..ouch.

I spend a lot of money to the extend where while i have money to spend i never have money. Most of it is in life items though, cigs, drinks, food weekly:

40 euros cigs

150 euros drinks

60 food

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I was a little Spendy McPants earlier this year while freelancing and getting paid in sudden increments that made me go "Whoa, money!!". But now I'm holding back way more, mainly cause I really enjoy seeing the bank account grow. Still, a digital camera, a Powerbook, and a Yamaha V-Star have never looked so close in my life, and I have a feeling soon enough I'm gonna enjoy seeing the account shrink.

I'm living on less that $100 a week, so it's all good.

Oh...I am terrible. Well I am either really good at saving money or really good at spending it. I am really working hard on moderation though. It can be so hard for me to be in the middle..I can either buy NOTHING but what I need to survive, or all sorts of crap ( paint, clothes, lotions, soaps, organic food, plants,books and eating out).

Whats been helping is keeping a budget on Excel, everytime I buy something, I enter it in. No hiding....

phone bil/compooter 113 a month

rent 375

alchohol 10-80 a month

books for reading recreation 10-30 a month

food...rice,little debbie snacks 20 a month

thrift store record crate digging at least 5 bucks a day

amount i dont spend and save a month 400

my roomate on the otherhand..

i live well below my means... the most expensive article of clothing i have bought in the last year is an old navy turtleneck sweater and a belt wich cost about fifty bucks total..

thinkin about getting a membership to suicidegirls though...turns out my homegirl knows a few of the girls on there....but then i might feel like i'm paying a site so i can jack off when i can use my imagination fer free..

hmmm questions of life...

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by ink Lunatic@Oct 27 2004, 07:31 PM

Whats been helping is keeping a budget on Excel, everytime I buy something, I enter it in. No hiding....

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD :love2:

Originally posted by Tesseract@Oct 28 2004, 12:17 AM

well, about $3000 is for college related shit that my parents just made me put under my name or on my credit card rather.

then i have one really big purchase i must keep under raps. ;)

and then the most recent thing i bought was a notebook computer for $900 brand new from my job, which would have retailed for like $1500-1700.

then a little is dvd's and cd's and other shit to go with the purchases mentioned above.

i am going to pay off the big purchase though by xmas, and the notebook computer is already paid off. and ill have the credit card down to like $1500-2000 by january or late febuary.

i don't consider myself very materialistic

so i don't really spend my money on anything;

i think i'm turning into my parents! yikes.

but i do spend my :$: on eating out a lot

since i can't cook and am too lazy to try.

and, i tip good.

gas because i drive around a lot.

how-to books from amazon.com that i don't really use.

i am trying to save for a down payment for a house,

but the saving part is hard. it will probably never happen.

so yeah i guess you can say i always have money,

because i rarely spend it.

Originally posted by T=E=A=S=E+Oct 28 2004, 12:44 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (T=E=A=S=E - Oct 28 2004, 12:44 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Tesseract@Oct 28 2004, 12:17 AM

[/b]

Lifetime investment in "Keep It Rail" t-shirts.

speaking of houses...

whats the deal with that shit for you older folks on the board?

you put down a down payment and then you pay your monthly bill and shit which would be a $1000 or so for so many years give or take a hundred bucks or so right?

drop some knowledge on ways to get a house house.

Originally posted by Telo+Oct 28 2004, 12:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Telo - Oct 28 2004, 12:52 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by T=E=A=S=E@Oct 28 2004, 12:44 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-Tesseract@Oct 28 2004, 12:17 AM

Lifetime investment in "Keep It Rail" t-shirts.

[/b]

haha, you get the hater of the year award so far for 2004.

"get a life telo" will be my next shirt.

debt i hate that shit! for a very long time i was spending like i had an extremely large bank account. but in fact, i did not even have a bank account. i had a decent job but i had a problem with going on vacation all the time and taking my girl out to nice restuarants every other night and all that other bullshit you can spend money on. i racked up 18 grand worth of debt "moron" i know. i finally realized how i was digging myself deeper and deeper and i enrolled in one of those debt programs. but then one day the gods smiled down on me and in a blink of an eye i went face first into my windshield simply amazing!now i am debt free. but seriously i got lucky that i didnt die but now i fear debt so much that if i cant buy it with cash i wont buy it at all. to wrap this story up throw away all your credit cards unless you are a resposible adult or hope you live in a place where people dont know how to drive...

as far as buying a house if at all possible it would be wise to come up with at least 20% of the cost of the house to avoid pmi.

Originally posted by T=E=A=S=E@Oct 28 2004, 10:59 AM

speaking of houses...

whats the deal with that shit for you older folks on the board?

you put down a down payment and then you pay your monthly bill and shit which would be a $1000 or so for so many years give or take a hundred bucks or so right?

drop some knowledge on ways to get a house house.

that's about it, yeah