Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Spending habits

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by T=E=A=S=E, Oct 27, 2004.

1. T=E=A=S=E

T=E=A=S=E Elite Member

do you guys ever tend to live above your means? by buying to much shit that you don't really have money for but want enough to go ahead and get it?

ive bought a lot of things lately, paying some off with money, some on a credit card, and one big item financed for a year at the store i bought it from.

so basically im getting a little in over my head, i mean i got a good job and im making sure to put down money on my credit card and on my other big bill there, but damn i got to quit buying shit seriously.

but that brings me to this question for you all:

how do you live? are you more conserative and only buy when you have the money? or are you a little more loose like I am when buying stuff that you might not need at the moment but want it bad enough to go for it anyways?

personally... i like living above my means, not really in a dangerous risky way, but i believe that money can always be made, and that if there is something i want bad enough, im going to get my hands on it some how some way.

on the other hand though i got to get some of this debt lowered though. im like $7,000 in the hole right now and working my way out of it.

what kind of spending habits or behaviors do you have when it comes to buying shit?

2. T=E=A=S=E

T=E=A=S=E Elite Member

3. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

first of all, when you pay off the credit card - cut that fucker in half. if you can't afford to buy it today DON'T BUY IT!

trust me, you don't need all that material bullshit. if you keep throwing money away on crap and don't learn how to budget, you'll never be able to get out of your parent's place

4. spectr

spectr Guest

bankruptcy thats what its all about spend spend spend spend then tell them your broke and never pay a fucking cent.

5. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

i spend too, too much money, i spend at least $120.00 a night just on alcohol and drugs. not to mention i buy at least 8 dvd's a week, and i spend MOST of my money on clothes. and i still manage to pay all my monthly bills.so yes, i live way beyond my means...

deto/i'll show you how to stunt!

6. MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega Veteran Member

after paying various bills I am able to have a $100 a week budget.

$50 for film each week
    $30 on groceries
    $20 divided into cigarettes or movies

I can't buy anything material

7. Deto, we all know that you take drugs by now...you never fail to mention it here and there. Now that its common knowledge will you please cut it out in order to stay on the board? word

8. Tease what did you buy? i'm really curious as to what dropped you 7k in..ouch.

I spend a lot of money to the extend where while i have money to spend i never have money. Most of it is in life items though, cigs, drinks, food weekly:
    40 euros cigs
    150 euros drinks
    60 food

9. I was a little Spendy McPants earlier this year while freelancing and getting paid in sudden increments that made me go "Whoa, money!!". But now I'm holding back way more, mainly cause I really enjoy seeing the bank account grow. Still, a digital camera, a Powerbook, and a Yamaha V-Star have never looked so close in my life, and I have a feeling soon enough I'm gonna enjoy seeing the account shrink.

I'm living on less that $100 a week, so it's all good.

10. seven.13

seven.13 Dirty Dozen Crew

Oh...I am terrible. Well I am either really good at saving money or really good at spending it. I am really working hard on moderation though. It can be so hard for me to be in the middle..I can either buy NOTHING but what I need to survive, or all sorts of crap ( paint, clothes, lotions, soaps, organic food, plants,books and eating out).
    Whats been helping is keeping a budget on Excel, everytime I buy something, I enter it in. No hiding....

11. Telo

Telo Elite Member

Yeah i agree.... Cut the credit cards in half you dumb cock nose..

12. MOOGLE?

MOOGLE? 12oz Loyalist

phone bil/compooter 113 a month
    rent 375
    alchohol 10-80 a month
    books for reading recreation 10-30 a month
    food...rice,little debbie snacks 20 a month
    thrift store record crate digging at least 5 bucks a day
    amount i dont spend and save a month 400

my roomate on the otherhand..

i live well below my means... the most expensive article of clothing i have bought in the last year is an old navy turtleneck sweater and a belt wich cost about fifty bucks total..

thinkin about getting a membership to suicidegirls though...turns out my homegirl knows a few of the girls on there....but then i might feel like i'm paying a site so i can jack off when i can use my imagination fer free..

hmmm questions of life...

13. NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD :love2:

14. T=E=A=S=E

T=E=A=S=E Elite Member

well, about $3000 is for college related shit that my parents just made me put under my name or on my credit card rather.

then i have one really big purchase i must keep under raps. ;)

and then the most recent thing i bought was a notebook computer for $900 brand new from my job, which would have retailed for like $1500-1700.

then a little is dvd's and cd's and other shit to go with the purchases mentioned above.

i am going to pay off the big purchase though by xmas, and the notebook computer is already paid off. and ill have the credit card down to like $1500-2000 by january or late febuary.

15. slave_one

slave_one Elite Member

i don't consider myself very materialistic
    so i don't really spend my money on anything;
    i think i'm turning into my parents! yikes.

but i do spend my :$: on eating out a lot
    since i can't cook and am too lazy to try.
    and, i tip good.

gas because i drive around a lot.

how-to books from amazon.com that i don't really use.

i am trying to save for a down payment for a house,
    but the saving part is hard. it will probably never happen.

so yeah i guess you can say i always have money,
    because i rarely spend it.