SPEEKING OF COLLEGE

Guest L.RonHubbard

Guest L.RonHubbard

does anyone find school to interfere with graffiti?? DO youi ever wonder what the point of writing all these shitty papers is all about?? DO you get sick of hearing kids talk about daddys gold card and whatnot? what about the obsession with pot smokin here? its just pot, and oh yea are any of you thugs, riff raff, troublmakers, punks and vandals really lookin forward to heading in the direction that college takes you?

im doubting this college shite more and more everyday, the only thing i like is the fact that my parents pay for it and i can eat alot of food and not pay for it and not have to live with them. its easy to steal shit from the naive punks here too/

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

it all depends on how one wants to live. if u have enough skills to make a living already, then fuck college. if u want to do something that college doesnt give u the skills for, then fuck college. the point of writing papers is to help u remember what u learn, exercise ur brain, increase writing/reading skills, get u used to doing work.... there will always be excuses to not want to do work but to say college is pointless and quit cus u dont like hangin around rich white kids is just stupid. college is a system that has been worked out than a lot of people like to follow because it teaches u skills that people dont know how to, or arent motivated to learn on their own. if graffiti is more important to u than college and for some u cant find a way to do both, then quit college. the point of life is to be happy i think. but instead of finding an excuse to be lazy and get out of work ask urself if u honestly believe what ur telling urself cus the decisions u make now r impotant. if u think u can get by and lead the life u want without college, great. and i dont know what ur pothead comment is implying so if u could clarify on that.... and about the direction college leads u in... college can lead u in many different directions. even if u dont plan on entering the corperate world and being a workaholic u can still acquire usefull skills and have good experiences (not to mention fun) in college. not everyone in college is there one their daddys gold card. u can choose who u wanna be associated with. a lot of college students ive met have a much more broad perspective and understanding of the world than people who dont go to college. im not in college but my friends are and ive stayed with em on a couple campuses and even sat in for a couple classes. i thought the classes were pretty tight compared to high school classes. by no means do i think u wont be successful if u dont go to college; but if u have the opportunity to go i say take it cus if u decide u dont want to take that path u can always pick up on something else afterward. its only 1 to 8 years of ur life. maybe 12 sometimes but.... i may as well skip college now. ive written the equivalent of all my term papers.

i'm in college now and i do view it as a waste of time for the most part. But i also know that whatever i end up doing with my life, just having a piece of paper saying i went to college is definately going to help. and as far as my personal college experience goes, writing papers isn't helping me with shit. I don't remember the stuff any more after i write some long boring paper than i would if i didn't have to write it. infact, judging by how rush my papers usually get written, i would probably remember more if i didn't have to write it. also, i've noticed the pot thing too. in fact, i've lost a small handful of freinds to the "joys of college". i think families are way too scary and controlling these days, so kids are afraid to talk to their parents... especially about drugs and shit like that. as soon as these kids get out of the house and into college all they seem to be able to think about is beer, pot, and how they can talk a girl/guy out of using a condom. take a look at drug use and std surveys and they both spike in college towns...

in closing... fuck college... i wish i didn't need to be here

Originally posted by L.RonHubbard

im doubting this college shite more and more everyday, the only thing i like is the fact that my parents pay for it and i can eat alot of food and not pay for it and not have to live with them.

wait, werent you just bitching about college educated rich kids?? i wish my parents had enough money to ship me off to college and pay for my living expenses....nope, im working 40 hours a week and going to school for 8 hours on saturdays so i can pay for my living and get an education....im not bitching....its made me a lot better of a person than ungreatful little shits like you....you just need to recognize that and shut the fuck up about it before someone like me who actually has something to complain about picks you up by your tshirt and smacks the shit out of you....i feel sorry for you, youll be crying like a little bitch when you actually get into the real world....

Guest fr8lover

hmm maybe its graffiti getting in the way of school? just a thought.

if your in college, quit wasting mom and dads money and do your thing. put down the cans once in awhile and "get your learn on."

attitude plays a big part in how much info ull remember. if u put in the work and do a good job and research thoroughly (and actually care enough to try and remember) u shouldnt have a problem. of course if u look at it as a waste of time ur not gonna remember shit. once again ur giving urleslf excuses to do halfassed work. and weed isnt the problem. kids who cant handle and who arent responsible are the problem. its funny how people try and blame their problems on a plant. like u didnt have a choice to smoke it or not. i guess it should be illegal cus some pussies cant handle it and dont have the willpower to quit. one of the main problems people have these days is blaming their problems and weeknesses on things other than themselves. college isnt a waste of time. there may be something better u could be doing, but its not a waste of time. and when u get fired for doin a half assed job at work i bet ur gonna blame college huh? my college didnt teach me anything so im no good at my profession. fuck that. colllege is there to help u learn, not learn for u. just because u cant remember shit doesnt mean that papers are a waste of time. im thankful for a lot of the papers i did in high school. i learned a lot of things pertaining to the rest of the world. u dont know it cus u obviously havent been on ur own and out of school, but the worlds a lot different than school and home; and the more knowledge u have the better off ull be. even if its just so u can participate in conversations regarding politics or whatever. theres so many ignorant kids that think their oppinion in politics means shit when they really dont have any knowledge that would make them relavent. its funny how many kids ( and adults) think they know what to do about the taliban and al qaeda just because they hear some bullshit from cnn. there are much bigger issues behing the war on terrorism in afghanistan behind this war. the bush administration has a lot of interests there that they dont tell people about. anyway, back to the subject at hand. if u want ur oppinion to be educated and count for anything then u need to do the research thats necessary instead of walkin around babbling ignorant comments that stemmed from a misinterpretation of what someone else told u. college is a place where u will learn shit about the rest of the world, even if its not from books. i lose points on this term paper for grammar but then again im not tryin to use perfect grammar anyway......

i've been told by many of my professors that college isn't about learning material. it's about learning how to think. the point of those papers you have to write isn't to remember stuff, it's to sharpen your analytic argument skills.

but whatever, to those that said college is stupid, i advise you to drop out immediately. quit fucking around with your parents money or your money and your time and just drop out and run away from "the direction" college takes you. which is absurd anyways, college doesn't point you in a single direction, it can open up more directions for you if you choose. so just go ahead and drop out and then twenty years down the line you'll either be happy with whatever career you chose, or realizing how naive you were to waste the opportunity that is college. if knowledge and an education for their own sake aren't motivation enough for you, then get the hell out. somebody got deferred from there so you could go. give them the chance, maybe they'll do more with it than you did.

Re: Re: SPEEKING OF COLLEGE

christ..what a spoiled attitude..

why the fuck are you even in college if you hate it so much..you should know what writing those papers is all about..you are the fool writing them

i spent several years at a university, working full time to pay for it all the way through..i was high 85% of the time..so what? that shit is my medication..

i didn't worry myself about all the kids who were there to party and be in a frat and spend mommy's money..those people are everywhere..i was too focused on my own success as a student to get caught up in a pathetic "pity me, why am i here the world has no value attitude"

why don't you get a real major that actually challenges you and enlightens you and quit with the bitching..or better yet, quit school and start that graf mag

school did plenty of great things for me..

it never interfered with my graffiti..it may have made me better at it, actually..

if schools sucks for you..quit complaining and leave..it won't do you any good to find out in ten years that you hate your degree anyway..or find something there that is interesting to you..lots of people in the worls would kill for the oppurtunity to be put in college, and funded by their fucking parents..if this means nothing to you, college isn't gonna do shit for you anyway moron

College isn't for everybody. I was reading Upski's book and he made some really good points: some people learn on a different wavelength than others, colleges/schools can be really limited in what they teach you, first hand experience is often a much better teacher, etc.

I think it's up to the individual. If you're really lacking motivation than college will sometimes kick you in the ass and get you going. For others it can prove to be a waste of time.

I am just applying to college, im a senior and can't wait to go. I am told that college is/will be better, and hear it all the time. So many people have said high school was a waste of their time. I look forward to taking what classes I want, and learning what I want to learn about.

On another note, don't blame your weaknesses on marijuana. If you can't handle it responsibly do not smoke. It is a good herb if used properly. Prove everyone wrong. Smoke the pot , go to class stoned and still get your good grades.

Very interesting topic...I'm a junior in HS right now, i have to say high school is bullshit and a waste of time and an insult to intelligence, etc. I wanna know from people who have been to college, is it really like a bigger version of highschool? Most people that i could ask are biased in some way, or of course expect me to go so they'd lie about it. Because if college is gonna be a repeat of highschool, I might as well not bother...I'm not looking for 4 more years of shitty homework and stupid papers. Can anyone provide a little insight from personal experience on this whole deal?

dude, what's the deal with computers, everybody wants to be a computer scientist, i say whatever, that shit is boring as fuck, i mean it's cool if you like spying on people and what not. the computer is a tool (it helps you get shit done). now haw about getting some shit done motherfuckers, that's some shit there, then maybe you can have your computer science on the side. you can make tons more money as a doctor anyhow.

i like how you complain about people "talking about daddy's gold card" yet you concluded your statement with a commentary about parental support and how cool it is.

do they offer a class called "Critical Theory of Contradiction" if so you should take it. you might learn how to act.

what direction do you think college takes you? its not like if you go to college you are obligated to become a certain thing in life. people that graduate college still have the LOSER option. my whole philosophy in life was to see what i was capable of doing in life and if i ended up choosing to let my life destruct at least it was an educated choice rather than hopelessness.

you sound dumb.

why are you doing something you dont wat to do? why dont yuou just persue what you want to do? look ahead, what are you going to want to be doing in 20 years? what do you want to wake up to everyday? do you want a job that you go to where you can say damn this is fucking cool i cant imagine im getting paid for this, or do you want a job that you despise and count down the hours until its quitting time or your next weekend? or do you even want a job? do you want to just drift? why dont you do what you want to do. make your self happy. youre in college whining ad not wanting to go, and im upgrading high school cause i was so much of a dumb ass before, now id trade places with you in a second. god i want to go to college. i never understood why people wouldt work or do what they wanted to do in life. why not do what makes you happy? isnt that the point of life? to enjoy it.

Originally posted by 23578

dude, what's the deal with computers, everybody wants to be a computer scientist.......you can make tons more money as a doctor anyhow.

money....lots of money....i know of computer science people making $250,000 a year, id say that rivals if not surpasses most doctors salarys.....

"If the colleges were better, if they really had it, you would need to get police at the gates to keep order in the inrushing multitude. See in college how we thwart the natural love of learning by leaving the natural method of teaching what each wishes to learn, and insisting that you learn what you have no taste or capacity for. The college, which should be a place of delightful labor, becomes odious and unhealthy, and the young men are tempted to frivolous amusements to rally their jaded spirits. I would have the studies elective. Scholarship is to be created not by compulsion, but by awakening a pure interest in knowledge. The wise instructor accomplishes this by opening up to his pupils precisely the attractions the study has for himself. The marking is a system for schools, not for college; for boys, not for men; and it is an ungracious work to put on a professor."

--Ralph Waldo Emerson

one of my biggest complaints about high school, and the reason that i dropped out a few times, is that you don't get to do anything that you actually want to do. Except for the few art or music classes my high schools offered, it was all just a waste of time. i learned a bunch of math i truly will never need, read a bunch of books that i didn't want to (i have a library card... i do read... and i'd rather not be interrurpted by whatever you [read: teacher] want me to read) and did a bunch of other bullshit that i could really do without.

now i have the same complaint about college, although it's much, much, much smaller. There are many classes i can take that i am actually interested in, and most of them are a whole lot of fun, and i learn a lot from them, but for each fun class there is a general education class that i have to take, and will be bored to tears by. not to say that nothing good can come out of these classes, but for the most part, anything that i value, and is interesting or important that i might learn in these classes i would have learned anyway in my personal pursuit of knowledge.

just my 2¢... college is definitly a good thing, but there are reasons to complain...:o

people complain about high school/college way too much (yes, i have complained before) but even if you dont like it. all the 'stupid papers' you write and all the 'stupid books' you are forced to read only make you that much wiser than you were before, so stop fucking complaining or drop out. ill admit that i barely graduated high school due to my attitude towards it but im glad that i did stick with it, cause when you go for a job and can produce a diploma it really does help. i have not gone to college and dont plan to, its not for me, i am working the job i have always wanted to work. boo fucking hoo college gets in the way of graffiti, in the end what is more important? 'whoa dude did you see my fresh new piece?' or 'wow im glad i stuck with my education and am doing something that i want to do with my life'

stop wasting your parents money, pack your shit up and go home... make room for someone who wants an education

Guest L.RonHubbard

your a righteous individual boogie, your first post on this really moved me too. its too bad you gotta work so much, but you aint got to try to make yourself out like a martyr, im in a difficult school , i work probably just as many hours as you do a week if you average in class time and homework. whats to say you could fuck with my grades if you were in my situation either. i can bitch if i want, school gets to sucking

Guest L.RonHubbard

and if you wish you were in my position maybe you could have worked your ass off in highschool to get up on some honor roll courses. ther are such things as loans scholarships and financial aid available to kids who work hard but dont got the loot. my girl worked like crazy in highschool to get a scolarship and now takes hella loans to pay for school cause her parents are broke, so dont try to tell me your so holy cause you pay for your saturday courses.

my point is if your parents are putting you through college you should be greatful instead of bitching....and believe me, i could be in your position but mommy and daddy didnt have enough money to put me though 4 years of school (let alone pay for my living expenses) nor did i feel like weighing myself or my parents down with 4 years worth of loans....i jumped down your throat because your sitting here bitching about how school gets in the way of graff and stealing shit and then you cap it off braging about how you waste your parents money so you can fuck around....i know many kids who cant go to college because of finacial constraints, who deserve to be there, and then i see kids pissing it all away....im not trying to be "rightous", im telling you things could be alot worse and you need to feel fourtunate that you can do what your doing.....

and yes, im pretty confident i could "fuck with your grades" if i was in your position.....

Archived