Special Herbs vol 4,5,6......

Hank Parker

this is one badass cd......I just got it today, the CD and the double LP. It doesn't even come out till like november 27th i think. MF Doom is such a sick producer. For those who don't know. This is the 3rd instalment of his "Special Herbs" or instrumental cds. He can make a sick sick beat out of anything. This cd has mostly new jams on it....But then has some old intrumentals off of doomsday. You must get this cd.....

(now can i get my money doom? "yeah sure, here hank. and here's an extra 100 dollar bill to light this reefer")

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i think the Monster Island Czars cd has some of the best beats hes ever produced, although he doesnt actually emcee on a lot of the tracks. that whole album though....damn. those emcees rip it like you've never heard before

"1, 2 1, 2" "gunz and swordz" "under pressure" "run the sphere" "what yall wanna do" are some amazing tracks off escape from monster island, among others

Originally posted by Vanity

i think he's prolly the most overrated cat out there right now... along w/, perhaps, obie trice.

he has some bangers, and his style is cool, but he doesn't amaze me. i liked like 3-4 tracks on MIC.. cockmobster was a pretty cool track...

so without having to refer back to that other thread about 'best hip hop tracks' or whatever, what sorta jams are you into ?

heh... i didn't say i didn't liek doom... "change that beat" is a pretty nice track... and i'm fairly behind on my "underground hip hop," but as far as recent-ish stuff goes... vakill, and most of them chicago cats (prime, juice, qwel, infinito, etc) can flow pretty nice, despite lacking content.... umm.. underground, underground.... production wise, quasimoto can come correct, j-zone, j. rawls.... the asheru and blue black album was fresh.. scarub's answer to the meaning was fresh, rj d2's deadringer was cool, can't say i dug any of the mc's on it....edan is dope, i like big jus' album more than el-p's, but both were cool, l'roneous' imaginarium is a classic to me... but, ummm... yeah.. i listen to mostly older stuff (kmd included)

nah i wasnt saying that you had to like doom or whatevs.. just interested to hear what other people are into. i heard a bit of a vakill disc the other day...pretty tight. also heard a bit of motion man, cunninglinguists.. not sure who produced em but theyre pretty nice. same with thirsten howl (sp?)

im not too familiar w/ cunnin lynguists.... the only motion mand stuff i've heard is old bush babees and mos def stuff... he's alright... and thirstin howl can be cool.. haven't heard much new stuff, but his old tapes didn't have a producer, he just looped up other cat's tracks.

but yeah, i listen to older stuff, mostly... been ona big freestyle fellowship kick lately.

Archived