Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

speakers

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by FROSTY, Nov 22, 2001.

1. FROSTY

FROSTY Senior Member

yo im pondering on my self about some speakers i might buy. this dude i know bought soem speakers out of the back of a van and is now sellling them.
    300W. RMS, 12 inch subs two speakers
    he says the lowest he will go is 500 dollars because he sayse there worth 1000. i just wanna know is it worth it or not.

CANADIAN PRICES!!!!!!!

is it a steal or is that like store price. i know they work in all im just wondering about the price..
    there just for my room (turntables and music)

2. mr.e

mr.e Senior Member

TEASER!

the same motherfuckers tried to sell me the same damn thing the other day at a gas station! these fools get around...

3. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

that was the scam about 3 years ago at all the high schools here, selling pyramid 12s ina box for like 100, and that was 2 speakers, shit was a good deal, too bad they were more like paper speakers and they were complete garbage. if its out of a van in canada, punch the fool for me, its a jack man. dont buy.

4. FROSTY

FROSTY Senior Member

k i have heard the speakers and they sound really nice. he bought them from the dude but he dosnt have a good enuff amp to use them. he says hes gonna spend more money on his car so he wants to sell em for 5 bills.
    they are 300 watts and i got a 100 watt amp.
    i could either buy these or buy some speakers for the speaker cases i allredy got. what would be better for just listining to music and using the tables

5. Rodney Trotter

Rodney Trotter Senior Member

They do that shit in the UK too. It's an age old scam. They pull up, kick a load of schpeel 'bout they're worth a cool 1000, but they'll sell to you for 300. Believe me though, that's all they're really worth. I wonder if it's the same two guys. They sure do get around LOL.

6. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Elite Member

sounds like your friend got some nice audiobahns....they are packaged in hella nice fancy wooden boxes...they are pretty looking with all that chrome and what not
    audiobahns make beastly subwoofer...wicked spl applications..make your ears bleed.

7. dr. frink one

dr. frink one Elite Member

same guys....over here in California...pulled up in a van while i was listening to music, looked both ways, told me they had some really really nice speakers they "needed to get rid of", and they were worth about a thousand but i could get them for 250.....crazy how those speaker men must have wings...