South Carolina Bar Bans Guns Inside

Mr. Incognito

http://iacknowledge.net/small-south-carolina-bar-bans-guns-inside-gun-nuts-across-nation-have-collective-meltdown/

http://bearingarms.com/clemson-pub-bashes-concealed-carry-permit-holders-with-predictable-results/

Thoughts?

In my opinion it's a pretty stupid business move, and another reason as to why mixing political views with your business is just kind of a bad idea. I feel like the owner has got to feel like a dumbass now since he's made other apologies apparently.

To be clear, I'm a pistol permit holder and carry all the time. It's about as normal for me as having my cellphone or wallet on me. I'm not much of a drinker, so when I go to bars I do not feel "wrong" about having it on me. It's also not against the law in NY surprisingly but I'm not down with the idea of people being armed and getting shit faced.

Either way I think it's funny on both sides of this situation. Gun owner's freaking out going crazy on yelp and this bar owner probably being scared to go to work now.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I don't see a problem with this really, I wouldn't want to drink in a place where drunks could be armed but then I haven't grown up with guns.

I don't agree with a business owner not serving someone due to race, sexual orientation etc but you can't walk into banks wearing a motorcycle helmet I can understand someone not wanting guns in their business.

If I am not mistaken, the owner of any place that doesn't want guns their must by law, post a sign saying so.

I don't fault him for that. His business.

I fault the crazy gun nuts, that are irrational about the 2nd amendment. Pawns of the gun industry, using them to sell more guns and ammo.

There is no logical reason to get in a crazed frenzy, whenever someone doesn't have an out of control love of guns.

They drown out all rational talk about guns from rational gun owners.

Rational gun owners aren't vocal.

I don't know whether rational or irrational gun owners are the majority, I've had so very few rational talks with people that it seems the irrational, reactionary, selectively-concerned-about-the-constitution crowd is the majority.

But maybe folks like me who just don't talk about their guns or put NRA or TEAM GLOCK stickers on their car are the majority.

If cops would stop NDing at qual ranges and "responsible gun owners" would stop letting their kids shoot themselves maybe the "armed populace is safer" argument would hold water. Until then, bravo to this bar owner.

I can understand putting a NRA sticker on your truck, what I do not understand is this trend of putting gun brand stickers on your truck or wearing hats and shirts with gun related stuff on them. It would seem to me that you are just asking to get your car prowled and that if you think having a pistol on your person is a tactical advantage in the event of armed combat, having the element of surprise would be handy as well.

• Like 1

if you think having a pistol on your person is a tactical advantage in the event of armed combat, having the element of surprise would be handy as well.

I'd say concealed carrying can hold a pretty heavy element of surprise.

I'm not the most vocal gun owner, and would consider myself to be pretty rational, but maybe because I don't freak out at any little anti gun rhetoric. I support the NRA for the most part, but I'm not out protesting and filling NY politician offices with mail.

The idea of posting this sign on your bar (in the south nonetheless) is funny to me. And the guy back pedals in that "oh no im cool man im cool im a gun owner" kind of way that just makes it even funnier. I doubt his business would fail because of bullshit Yelp reviews, but I do think the backlash can be enough to drive this guy insane. It's a college town though so the majority of his business just comes from college kids anyway.

• 2 weeks later...