Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

South Carolina Bar Bans Guns Inside

Discussion in 'News' started by Mr. Incognito, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Mr. Incognito

Mr. Incognito Senior Member

http://iacknowledge.net/small-south...-nuts-across-nation-have-collective-meltdown/

http://bearingarms.com/clemson-pub-bashes-concealed-carry-permit-holders-with-predictable-results/

Thoughts?

In my opinion it's a pretty stupid business move, and another reason as to why mixing political views with your business is just kind of a bad idea. I feel like the owner has got to feel like a dumbass now since he's made other apologies apparently.

To be clear, I'm a pistol permit holder and carry all the time. It's about as normal for me as having my cellphone or wallet on me. I'm not much of a drinker, so when I go to bars I do not feel "wrong" about having it on me. It's also not against the law in NY surprisingly but I'm not down with the idea of people being armed and getting shit faced.

Either way I think it's funny on both sides of this situation. Gun owner's freaking out going crazy on yelp and this bar owner probably being scared to go to work now.

2. injury

injury 12oz Loyalist

aren't a lot of these people the same "it's my business i decide who i can serve!" types screaming that they don't have to bake wedding cakes for gay couples if they don't want to?

that aside ... the owner really begged for this.

3. Decyferon

Decyferon Moderator Crew

I don't see a problem with this really, I wouldn't want to drink in a place where drunks could be armed but then I haven't grown up with guns.

I don't agree with a business owner not serving someone due to race, sexual orientation etc but you can't walk into banks wearing a motorcycle helmet I can understand someone not wanting guns in their business.

4. CILONE/SK

CILONE/SK 12oz Loyalist

If I am not mistaken, the owner of any place that doesn't want guns their must by law, post a sign saying so.

I don't fault him for that. His business.

I fault the crazy gun nuts, that are irrational about the 2nd amendment. Pawns of the gun industry, using them to sell more guns and ammo.

There is no logical reason to get in a crazed frenzy, whenever someone doesn't have an out of control love of guns.

They drown out all rational talk about guns from rational gun owners.

5. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

Rational gun owners aren't vocal.
    I don't know whether rational or irrational gun owners are the majority, I've had so very few rational talks with people that it seems the irrational, reactionary, selectively-concerned-about-the-constitution crowd is the majority.
    But maybe folks like me who just don't talk about their guns or put NRA or TEAM GLOCK stickers on their car are the majority.

If cops would stop NDing at qual ranges and "responsible gun owners" would stop letting their kids shoot themselves maybe the "armed populace is safer" argument would hold water. Until then, bravo to this bar owner.

6. morton

morton Elite Member

I can understand putting a NRA sticker on your truck, what I do not understand is this trend of putting gun brand stickers on your truck or wearing hats and shirts with gun related stuff on them. It would seem to me that you are just asking to get your car prowled and that if you think having a pistol on your person is a tactical advantage in the event of armed combat, having the element of surprise would be handy as well.

screaming hand logo likes this.
  7. Mr. Incognito

Mr. Incognito Senior Member

I'd say concealed carrying can hold a pretty heavy element of surprise.

I'm not the most vocal gun owner, and would consider myself to be pretty rational, but maybe because I don't freak out at any little anti gun rhetoric. I support the NRA for the most part, but I'm not out protesting and filling NY politician offices with mail.

The idea of posting this sign on your bar (in the south nonetheless) is funny to me. And the guy back pedals in that "oh no im cool man im cool im a gun owner" kind of way that just makes it even funnier. I doubt his business would fail because of bullshit Yelp reviews, but I do think the backlash can be enough to drive this guy insane. It's a college town though so the majority of his business just comes from college kids anyway.

8. Hua Guofang

Hua Guofang Dirty Dozen Crew

NDing = unintentional discharge?

9. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

Negligent Discharge.

10. CILONE/SK

CILONE/SK 12oz Loyalist

Everyone thinks they are rational, regardless of reality.

I have yet to come across someone who would describe themselves as irrational.

11. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

I am somewhat irrational when it comes to my love of Regina Spektor.

12. Brickos

Brickos Dirty Dozen Crew