Soup's thread: this week.

Soup BDC

So shit's happened and I thought I'd throw my thoughts into one sloppy thread. Heregoes.

Got back from hawaii, anyone been? Maui's dope. Lots of sun. "Locals" are mostly white, what's up with that? I survived for two week on mahi mahi, ahi, and Opakapaka, I'm never touching cow again, or at least not in the same way I did.

If I was under 18, I would want to live in the countryside of Maui, running amuck in Lahina and such villages, plundering the golf shirt wearing tourist fathers of their scantly dressed teenaged daughters, but instead I'm of age and recieving looks from girls so filled out yet so young, I started developing facial ticks under the pressures of self control. Swooped those numbers anyway, just in case when they start looking at colleges they can call me for what's out in the way of the Bay Area.

After maui went over to the big island. Flew into Kona. Those volcanoes put the fear in me. It was thick fog, hot and muggy, and the road to my hotel was a two lane highway bulldozed through miles of scorched earth, death and lavarock. The fog was too thick and there was hardly ever sun the entire time I was there. The water was hotter than maui, and within thirty feet of shore I was swimming with half a dozen turtles. At night I walked along the beach and a spotlight out over the ocean had attracted an enormous manta ray. Rode around the island over to hilo, met with a friend's family who owns Cafe 100, then took a helicopter ride right over the volcanoe closest to hilo. The pilot of the helicopter gave me a two hour tour of the area, the entire time listening to the most god-forsaken music and accounting Hawaii's obiturary since the 80's: Tidal waves killing UH Hilo students and teachers, fishermen attracted out to sea by fish flopping on the shore before a tusnami, killing over sixty men and women. Volcanoe eruptions wiping out entire suburbs. Then he kept flying me over the volcanoe closest to Hilo until I said I had a good enough photo fo the magma. He did this while playing such catchy tunes as "I don't know if I'ma gonna go when the Volcanoe blow." He then took me to where the lava tube met the sea so he could tell me the story of how one photographer died when a 38 acre shelf of lavarock that he was walking on, broke off and slid into the sea.

Admist all this flying around the infinite acres of lavarock, we flew over a section of roads and houses now overran and destroyed, except for one. Imagine an entire town hidden under now cooled grey lava, except one house with a red roof. The owner of which is a motorcyclist who must ride several miles down the road (much of which was rebulldozed since lava has flowed over the street) to the town over for supplies to run a bed and breakfast in the middle of a still highly active lava tube. If being ironed flat in his sleep by lava wasnt enough of a worry, the bed and breakfast is in an area also over ran by wild pigs who will rip through anything for food. So frequently he must go out there with a rifle and hunt them before they rip his place apart.

I thought it was interesting enough to share, anyone been to or from hawaii? I get laughed at by locals when I say that people in Hawaii are the most polite folk I've ever met. They say Hawaiian locals are nice to me cus Im just a tourist, but fuck it, I'll take it. Any hawaiian locals want to share their insight on the huge ice problem? Or any of your friends been hospitalized after samoans mugged them? Crazy shit in that 808 state.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

a kid in my crew got his leg stomped on by some Samoans once for trying to help a buddy and he walks with a limp now. Maui's dope though. terriyaki beef w/scoop of rice and macaroni salad for every meal. locals are friendly as fuck. i love how laidback the culture is out there. its so peaceful. definitely makes you think about the hectic lives we lead everyday. going back next year. itd be nice to own some property in that green countryside. you shouldve taken the road to Hana and seen the seven pools.

Yeah i rode out to Hana on that road, but was wasn't too happy to see every single park from here to there being rennovated. Tourists were driving 15 mph and a local guy started driving on the other side of the road to get around us. Cars that were coming the other way had to pull off and out of the dude's way to avoid head-on colissions. That man was serious.

I was diggin all that local food, eating $2 Loco Moco for lunch a lot until I met with my friend's mom who runs the very popular Cafe 100 in Hilo. What she had to say about that stuff turned my life around. Now I'm eating fresh fish.

Hey there's some cooks on 12oz, HELP. This one resteraunt prepared the best meal I've ever had in my entire life. Mahi Mahi cooked so the outside was grilled and salty like jerky, inside cooked about 3/4 inch through and had the consistancy of a medium rare steak, then the center 1.5 inches was warm but raw. Little kus kus and a yellow mustard-colored sauce (not mustard) and by far the best thing I've ever eaten... ever.

Hey there's some cooks on 12oz, HELP. This one resteraunt prepared the best meal I've ever had in my entire life. Mahi Mahi cooked so the outside was grilled and salty like jerky, inside cooked about 3/4 inch through and had the consistancy of a medium rare steak, then the center 1.5 inches was warm but raw. Little kus kus and a yellow mustard-colored sauce (not mustard) and by far the best thing I've ever eaten... ever.

they probably pust some sort of salt/spice rub on the outside before throwing it on a hot grill. and by hot i mean seriously fucking hot. mahi mahi steak served rare. we do this with ahi tuna at my place.

yea the grilled fish steaks are super bomb. the outside is grilled but the inside is still raw. shit is legit SON!!!

maui was dope, been their twice. unfortunately both times i was a youngster so nothing really crazy went down, just typical family tourist shit. did the helicopter ride, that was dope. stared at hawaiin girls and fantasized about making love on the beach. the old days nigga

Im out in hawaii for my fourth time...its always completely amazing... my cousins are big surfers and they always need someone to house sit...lucky me...its crazy staying in the 415 all year then coming to a place like this..complete opposites...absolutely NO graff on kauai but i told some homies id paint them some shit if they provided the surface...swimming in the ocean almost everday, the catching fish, jumping off rocks, and smoking good weed!!!...island life is where its at (when you gotta get out of the hype)...

last year i ate a chocolate (W/ shrooms grown on the big island) on the fourth of july and went snorkeling at sunset...it started raining and it was honestly the closest thing to "heaven" i could ever imagine experiencing...(unless i would have had a local hottie by my side)...

im out here for a couple more weeks so keep up those flicks in brick slayers!!!

aloha!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

...its crazy staying in the 415 all year then coming to a place like this..complete opposites...absolutely NO graff on kauai

when i went to Maui i was living in the TL. i just remember riding back to my shit apartment in the cab thinking "i cant believe im coming back here". i stayed in Kihei though and at the beach across the street from where i stayed i saw a Kzam tag in the bathroom. talk about random.

ahahah thats why i dont go any where nice. the tenderloin slaps me into reality

and isnt weed expensive in hawaii, i think cali definately has better bomb

Oh the irony. San Francisco is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, and the world's most popular tourist attraction, but life sucks cus you're livin in the TL. What kind of god-forsaken reality is that?

ahahah thats why i dont go any where nice. the tenderloin slaps me into reality

and isnt weed expensive in hawaii, i think cali definately has better bomb

i brought my own so i dont know the prices out there. when we were driving on the road to Hana though, my dad said some dude on the side of the road was holding up the biggest bud he had ever seen in his life and was asking him if he wanted to buy some. i was passed out though so i didnt get to see it.