Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Soulseek

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by 2 blaazed, Sep 7, 2004.

1. 2 blaazed

2 blaazed New Jack

yea so i just downloaded soulseek..im a bit confused....how do i specify wether i want to download a mp3 or video or image??? please fill me in....close this if u must

2. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

You search for something then look at the file type that comes up. You can't really specify different file types before you search, though.

For example, searching for "primus" may bring up Primus songs, videos, and pictures. You an sort the files by size (a good indication of what the file type is - large = video, medium = song, small = picture), or just scroll over to the right in the file name column and look at the file type.

3. Pfffffffffft

Pfffffffffft Moderator Crew

put yourself on your buddylist, then rightclick to "browse user files"(your own username in your buddylist) this way you can see what other people see when they are looking at what music files you have and they also are able to see where your files are located on your computer.

4. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

And join the 12oz chat room: !###-12ozProphet-###!

To do so, right click on the room list and hit Refresh Room List. The room will then show up - just sort alphabetically and join.

Once you're in the room click Chatroom on the menu bar and select Toggle Room Autojoin. That way you'll join the room automatically every time you open slsk.

5. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

I, too, have a filesharing question. I just installed Bittorrent and have used it to grab a few files. Some of them move pretty fast, but the bigger files like movies go pretty slow. I've heard of people getting 80+k/sec on their d/l's, so why am I getting such a slow rate?

These are files off suprnova.org, also, files that supposedly have many seeds and downloaders.

If no one knows, maybe we can throw some good links out here? A good one for MST3k and Aqua Teen Hunger Force episodes is www.myspleen.net. MST3K episode I got was about 10-20 k/sec average, ATHF went at about 40 k/sec.

6. 2 blaazed

2 blaazed New Jack

hows e-mule

i aint realy feelin soulseek...everything i try to dl is remotley queded

7. Crimsøn

Crimsøn Senior Member

^ Yea. The thing is if you pay the $5 or $10 a month than you have priority on downloads. If you don't you have to wait in line (and some people have like 150 people in line for shit).

*Also, when you do a search if a file comes up grey than you have to wait in line, if it's black then you shouldn't have to wait.

8. Brewster Baker

Brewster Baker 12oz Loyalist

9. 2 blaazed

2 blaazed New Jack

same...im feelin e-mule tho..too bad kazza is not around...there was none better

10. Ronnie Dobbs

Ronnie Dobbs Senior Member

11. not_like_you

not_like_you Member

No one else uses WinMX?

12. crave

crave Veteran Member

slsk always worked that a champ for me. bittorrent i could never really figure out, no time. DC++, worked pretty good for me as well. that's were i managed to get quite a few euro graff videos.

i guess you just gotta find what works best for you.

13. MOOGLE?

MOOGLE? 12oz Loyalist

i had to take my bit torrent off........

i am now the proud owner of every single cartoon and anime i have ever liked...i had to stop after i almost downloaded the first season of alf

e-donkey is too complicated for my feeble popculture fueled brain..

lime is only good for exe.

never tried seek

14. 2 blaazed

2 blaazed New Jack

im jus sayin fuck it and sticking with kazza...fast n simple

15. Drunk Sober

Drunk Sober Member

kazzaa lite k++, blocks all the ports the riaa can get into and gives you super user status or whatever it is right off the bat, so it shows you have 1000+ rating. And it will let you cut in line because of this. The accelerator will try and keep your downloads at a specified speed also.