Sorry if I cant talk Paint Pens in here...[not graf related]

gatita

This might be the wrong section, if it is, bite me. Okay, Im joking.

Anyway, I recently started using paintpens on canvas, to "paint", and I LOVE IT!!!?!?! Does anyone else do this? Right now Im working on two 18x24" paintings, one of a lotus on fire, one of koi, cherry blossoms, fan etc., etc.

Heres a detail of the koi one:

http://cabo.myspace.com:80/34/15/85143/14122417_l.jpg'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

gatita its turning out nicely! well.. ive had a bad experience with paint pens..... like they said it comes out glossy but yours looks real good.

the worse is using a paint pen, say a black one, then spraypainting over it.. and it leaves this ugly purplish/metallic gloss.. its almost impossible to get rid of unless i guess you gesso it again. :(

Originally posted by LENS

hmmmmm........

I'll decline comment

Well LENS, due to your non-comment comment... you obviously want to say something..

But remember. Constructive criticism is prefered, so if you do have anything negative to say, make sure to put a :P after...

haha ;)

looks pretty good-if you want to enhance the glossy effect even more and preserve the texture..I would recommend laying about 3 coats of clear over the top of it....the colors will also be turn out much more vibrant.....

Originally posted by 455

looks pretty good-if you want to enhance the glossy effect even more and preserve the texture..I would recommend laying about 3 coats of clear over the top of it....the colors will also be turn out much more vibrant.....

Polyerethane [i know I spelt that wrong.. my bad..]?

or what else do you feel is appropriate?

I began adding the fan in to bring the two fish together more.. and I still have to add detail to the lower white koi (you can see the full painting here www.cinella.net/koifull.jpg) Obviously in the photo the fan hasnt been added yet.

Another thing; this thread wasnt really supposed to be a crit of my work, but rather a discussion on paint pens. Lets talk paint pens, what do you guys feel is the best one? I use deco but I found this other type [dont know the name off hand] that works a lot better and the tip doesnt fuck up as easily. But the only prob is they are a tad more expensive and also dont mix well with Deco.

I am with you on the deco's, except for silvers and golds. The krylon paint pens work awesome for those colors. They are so bright and the best part is if you give them 5 minutes to dry you can outline over then with absolutely no problem. I have played with uni's alot and I like them for filling things in and doing large sections of work but thats as far as I can use them. The nibs on the smaller ones tend to get too juicy to get a good clean line.

Fuckin’ artists. I don’t understand what half the words in this thread mean…but I like that drawing, no doubt. You’ve got skeels, from what my untrained eye can tell. *Except I can’t see any bends in the fish…like around the tail, know what I mean? It looks sorta like it just flops down. But I know nothing. Really.

Archived