sony MDR-EX51LP appreciation thread

seeking

http://www.sonystyle.com/intershoproot/eCS/Store/en/imagesProducts/250x250/MDREX51LP.jpg'>

so after spending hundreds of dollars on my ipod only to settle for the supplied earphones, i realized, hey, wait, thats like buying a benz an rollin on stocks... fuck that.

so i went out and got a pair of these. $32 on canal street. theres so much bass, its dumb. they're totally comfortable, and they use your whole head to produce deep bass. its weird. if you dont have them all the wya in your ear, they're real high pitched, but as soon as they're in all snug, they bump nicely.

i highly suggest them to anyone and everyone with ears.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ive got really weird ears, i cant get down on those 'pod' type of headphones. I tried the around the back of the head ones...nope. the around the around the ear ones..meh, kind of, they made my ears tired.then i just went to the dollar store and bought some classics. Im sure i can find better but im not really rocking them too much, I use it more in my car for which i have a little device that projects a radio signal which i can tune into to hear what i have playing on the pod. Ill have a little money on vacation, so maybe ill hook it up then.

-slightly too much inforation...

Originally posted by Spike

Yo seeks, how much sound leaks OUT? I need a new pair of headphones that I can listen to and not disturb people around, and I'm sick of backband/closed cup cuz they take up so much space. Opinion?

none at all. they work so well, cause they plug your ears up like...well, ear plugs. nothing escapes. there are better earbuds of course, but for the money, these things cant be fucked with.

ok, um... well, you can get them anyplace, but they're cheaper at this spot.

at the corner of canal & broadway, is a sobarro's. walk up canal, past sobarros, away from broadway. about a block or so up, on the left hand side (obviously) there will be a little shop, you go up two steps to get into it. there will be a bunch of video tapes and shit on the right hand side as you go in...its long and narrow. headphones/cd players and stuff are half way to the back on rt. hand side. cant miss em.

the store is easy to find actually.

but again, you can get them pretty much anywhere, but if you're in NY an wanna save ten bucks, hook it up. i tend to buy something everytime im there.

My dad has the etymotics, very nice, i've never tried the sonys, but the etymonics are definitely worth the extra loot. I can yell at him from a like 10 feet away and if he doesn't see me he rarely will hear me. Surprisingly comfortable too.

also, you can find the etymonics for around or under 100, my dad got a really nice pair almost a year ago for about 100, so i'm sure yu can find them now for cheaper

Originally posted by nomadawhat

ok nevermind, thats top o' the line, they have some for $130, but still...

i had a hard time cough up $60 for real headphones....

Yeah, I know how you feel. But, honestly, if you heard these cans, you'd change your mind.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...