songs that remind you of times in your life...

Guest fr8lover

Guest fr8lover

green day "longview" - back in middle school and late elementary id make radio mixtapes by listening to stations and recording each song i liked onto tape and made tapes and tapes of these things, this one was always on 'em.

buffalo tom "summer" - great song...reminds me of middle school, buying the cd and playing the hell out of this song...perfect "its the end of the summer" song.

oasis "wonderwall" - waiting in my dads truck every day he'd drop me off to 7th grade in the winter. the car was always warm, and i dreaded everyday going to school...its like, you wish the song would keep playing, but i knew id have to get out and go in the doors.

weezer "glorious day" - this summer, hanging out with friends, trying my damndess to hook up with a certain girl, we sang along together and got silly drunk.

weezer "island in the sun" - same.

aphex twin "flim" - chilling in my room, putting off homework in high school. just listening to the music, getting totally absorbed by it.

led zeppelin "ramble on," "over the hills and far away" - rolling around with my friends all drunk screaming along to every word, rolling through all the old neighborhoods and party spots.

phish "dirt" - listening to it everytime i feel depressed, and frankly, i cant tell if it helps me feel better or worse, good song though.

dilated peoples "triple optics" - this fall break my friend and i chilling with some buddies in minneapolis, rolling around the city and just enjoying how chilly but sunny it was blazing around downtown.

ill think of more...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow...seriously...we have alot of the same songs..or close at least...

Greenday...longview...sittin up in the woods tokin with my boys....the summer i met the girl i have always wanted to marry...

oasis "wonderwall"...the first time i kissed the girl i wanted to marry...how the bonfire light bounced off her face, all the crazy stuff we did, skinny dippin in the old pond with her...great times...

Blink 182...dammit...i moved away from the girl of my dreams...my life was fucked up, did too many drugs, remember recieving the softest kiss of my life..and losing a good friend to heroin...

Counting crows long december....the funeral, the look on his moms face...puttin stickers on his casket and me and my boys drinking in front of his grave till early morning...

Fuel shimmer...just happening to run into my long ago girl that i wanted to marry, after two moves and back in to dc..the long car rides...making love in her bed...so many things going through my head...it went as quickly as it came..

James taylor carolina on my mind...moving to nc...leaving my girl in dc..the look on her face as i drove away from the only thing i wanted, or knew was right...it was hard not to turn around.

Keller williams..anything he has ever done..reminds me of senior year, and coming back to see my girl, and knowing everything was right...

gangstarr above the clouds...leaving my girl, partying with my boys, the long distance phone calls, the tremor in her voice..missing her..college..too many things to do....

Jimi hendrix castles made of sand....the one girl i wanted to marry leaves me...life goes to shit, college is trying to kick me out..my art is dark...

Thats about it...everytime i hear these things i think of them...theyre my memories...some good, some bad...its life...

this topic is rad. but i find it hard to explain the meanings behind why they are important. i'd probably end up saying something vague and rediculous.

on second thought, i'd probably rather keep some of the reasons to myself.

this was pointless to post, wasn't it...

i'll just watch and see what everyone else posts, maybe i'll find it easier to contribute..

jawbreaker - "do you still hate me" this girl i got to close too.

grade - "seamless" same girl

long beach dub all stars - "my own life" teenage years and wanting my parents out of my life.

radiohead - "ideoteque" my state of mind for the last few months

pharcyde - "passin me by" highschool, and all the hiphop i listened to then.

Gaturs - "Gatur bait" song reminds me of attemping to play some acid jazz sessions with a few friends, some drums, a bass, trumpet, and a turntable setup.

patty lovelace - "you dont even know who i am" crying over lost love.

Don Costa - "never on sunday" my parents

ready to die- biggie smalls...me and my friend going to the beach this summer not a care in the world.

the f-word-can ox... me and this other friend going to philly then new york and new jersey taking lots of pictures and talking about girls..an emo hip hop moment

cowboys-fugees..summer 96 dyed blond hair,and a click of girls that i had a crush on ..we hung out all the time,and hey i hooked up with 3 of them what a summer,last youthful summer.

usher-you make me wanna..just driving in thecar with my girl and it being dark out,just happy and feeling so much love for one person.

the clash..londons calling...just being 15 and alone..and being ok with that cause music was so great

lauren hill..sweetest thing....being in love and knowing that nothing last forever crying with my girl cause i knew she wouldnt be with me forever..

the lost boys- renee..reminds me of the first girl i evr kissed and had sex with and all that...we werent in love but that songs was sorta our song for the short time we hung out

well thats all i can think off for now

Guest fr8lover

blink 182 "please take me home" - heard it on the radio after i realized i missed a big chance with a girl i liked, now im just her friend...the song was saying exactly what i was feeling.

outkast "da art of storytellin' 1" - partying at a friends house, drunk as fuck and rapping the whole song loudly.

pink floyd "time" - late nights driving home from peoples houses alone, dark out, nobody else on the road.

built to spill "distopian dream girl" - italy this summer, getting royally fed up with my mom, and just the trip in general...the song made me feel better.

weezer (anything of their album before their new one)- i used to chill at this girls house last summer who i liked and she had that cd and we would always listen to it. we would get hella drunk and just listen to this cd... those were the days

radio head (everything off Kid A)- reminds me of my trip to new york. one the plane, my head against the window, just trippen over this one girl, fallen asleep, just not caring about anything. it was great

the last track on that new incubus album- doenst remind me of anything, i just sooo know how that dude feels. "feel me heart begin to overflow"... shit

stabing westward anything from "darkest days"- listen to it with my best freind, sketching. kinda sad cuz it was before we got caught.

everything from radioheads "amnesic"- reminds me of this girl im still trippen over, tryign to get out of my life... ahh fuck.

moms it makin me got to bed.... ill write more later. bye

awesome fucking thread.

men at work- land down under. my whole grade 11 year with my boys, this was the drinking song, all the parties, all the fun, all the drinking, all the snowboarding, the road trips. fuck, best fucking year of my life, i dont think anything could top being a wildcat that year. damn..... memories... still wishing those days were back again.

Offspring_smash album- every road trip i went on in high school this album was played on the way there just to get us hyped for the intense amount of drinking involved. just reminds me of camping.

The police- message in a bottle- snowboarding trips. we always had a theme for every trip we went on. this was the snowboarding song.

N.W.A-drink it up- hmm one night at my place in the summer at my traditional house party. listened to this for like 3 hours straight while dancing in a circle drinking a texas mickey between 2 and a half people. maybe the most drunk ive ever been in my life.

kc and jojo- tell me its real- ok ok, laugh it up, but theres nothing like high school romance and telling a girl you love her to this song. when you actually thought you knew what love was.

sublime-40 oz to freedom album- chilling with my frineds in the summer. knowing it would be the last summer before we all went seperate ways. just drinking and smoking the summer away having a good time.

sweet home alabama- another snowboarding trip, this stuck out for some reason, it was just an amazing trip.

millencolin-lozin must- last song listened together by the boys at out last ever real drinking night. havent seen us all together since that night. ]

man theres so many more.. these stand out the best.

wow...good choices...

green day "longview" reminds me of days I thought I was really cool, days when my sisters were still around laughing and all of us thought we had discovered something nobody else knew about....

counting crows "long december" reminds me of every night when i didn't feel like saying anything, and every time I would rather have been cold then gone inside....you know...those nights when you just kinda say fuck it and shove your hands in your pockets and just kind of stare at the world....

Youth of Today "positive outlook" and "I have faith" and "wake up and live"

these songs in particular remind me of just who I used to be and things I used to value I guess, or maybe just walking around on a cold weekend holding my "ghetto blaster" with a big SXE tag on it, blasting hardcore at 1 in the morning...

Poison the Well "Slice Paper Wrists" reminds me of driving out...going to gilman st. and hardcore dancing till i couldn't dance any more....running on stage and getting mikes passed to me....hanging out in another town until all hours of the night just letting the sweat dry and getting a happy donut..

And some song by The Ataris...i never ever listened to them, heard one song that i didnt really like, but I remember it was playing places I went and I fell in love with a girl for the first time, spent every second with her, ate with her, slept with her....just lived side by side until she left and I fucked things up and that was the end of that....but when i hear it it just reminds me .....

and on another note....

smells...

prismas remind me of starting writing

pilot reminds me of love at first sight

the smell of paint reminds me of reckless nights and good friends

griffen reminds me of bombing on a night that was wet, and coming back to see it in the morning....with interesting results

and heartburn taste reminds me of the feeling i get every night I go out to do something new....

i used to listen to greenday in middleschool, i wont even try to pretend i didnt...some decent shit.

ummmmm...uh...hmmm...

gorrilla biscuits-start today: just a bunch of shit, people im not friends with anymore for various reaons...etc.

the ataris-the last song i will ever write about a girl, san dimas HS football: "...and girls are fucking evil..." nuff said.

boysetsfire-across five years, the fine art of falling: girls.

cannibal ox-lots of shit especially that song about that girl and tracks 1, 3, 4 and 5 just cause theyre really good and those guys are super nice.

dilated peoples-worst comes to worst, 10 years in the making, and tracks 2 and 4: theyre all good songs and worst comes to worse keeps reminding which friends id die for.

so many shai hulud songs- standouts are:

For the world: because maybe the world hates me as much as i hate the world.

Love is the fall of every man: girls fucked with me, i try to convince myself that i wont ever fall for it again. will i? probably...but its nice to pretend...

shelter-in the van again: when i first got my liscence and drove my dads big ass shit van around with 4 of my best friends causing trouble we all sang along to this screaming the lyrics...it was fitting i suppose.

from autumn to ashes- mercury rising , thursday-cross out the eyes: i listen do these songs when i honestly wish that i would die and just think about walking across the LIE without looking and seeing if i make it. and about how my life is just going downhill since last october...everyday is another step towards hitting bottom.

Hot Water Music-"Paper Thin"- basically when i was diagnosed with bi-polar disorder, and put on medicine for it. "fuck the hospitals, fuck the medicine" awesome song.

a lot of songs you guys have mentioned make me sad, especially green day...that reminds me of losing a whole bunch of people i love.

Lynyrd Skynyrd-"Freebird"- getting really sad over something, such as a friend losing for college, but then getting really happy again, realizing that it in the end it will work out better for that person.

Lovin' Spoonful-"Summer in the City"- riding my bike...god i love it

Originally posted by -Rage-

Oh my god...don't get me started on this shit. I think a lot of you remember my replies on the thread "Songs sung at your funeral"...

From what I've read that you've posted you sound like you've had it rough man ... all I'm sayin is that you def. have my respect ...

The tunes that mean the most to me right now has to be Sublime ...

built to spill-built to spill- reminds me of 7th grade sitting in the bleachers of a HS basketball game wishing this chick i dug would come talk to me.

skankin pickle-anything off the green album-reminds me of sitting in my friends room hanging out and trying to write songs in 9th grade.

limp-any song- same as above.

NOFX-linoleum- reminds me of when my friend first got his license and us driving around redmond doing jack shit but having fun.

halo benders- foggy bottom- hanging out w/ my bro around xmas, being way more depressed than i shouldve been.

waxwing-if death comes- reminds me of the first night my ex and i went out, and how fucking perfect everything was for the first week.

coldplay-trouble- reminds me of two things: sitting in my ex's room just chilling and smelling her beautiful smell, and sitting on the plane to hawaii wishing my ex were with me.

ja rule/j lo-i dont even know the name- driving to alki w/ my ex on one of our good days......

Guest Handjob

Van Morrison-Into the Mystic

-The song I wanted to marry a really cool girl to

Clutch-Basket of Eggs

-The song I listend to upon getting my heart ripped out by the same girl, forcing me to turn to alcohol as my only friend.

See ya at the bottom of a bottle...:eek:

For some reason:

Crimson&Clover- Tommy James

Lemonade- Tsunami Bomb "remember when you gave me shit, and I made lemonade out of it.. pass me the sugar and things still wont be right..."

Miss Fat Booty- Mos Def.

Waiting for my Ruca- Sublime

Wandering Star- Portishead "please wont you stay a while to share my greif, for it's such a lovely day to have to always feel this way.. and the time, that i suffer less.. is when.. i do no have to wake."

Date with the Rain- Eddie Kendricks

Across the Universe- Fiona Apple

In your Area- Peanut Butter Wolf

:rolleyes:

Guest GorbortOrman

I forgot who this song is by but its on the philladelphia soundtrack... at the end of the movie when they show tom hanks as a little kid. that song reminds me of life. ok im a loser now...

depressing songs

slice paper wrists, nerdy, or anything by poison the well

san dimas high school football rules - the ataris

anything by smashing pumpkins

hurt, a warm place - nine inch nails

anything on ok computer- radiohead

anything by dashboard

'dying' by hole

anything by american nightmare

anything by propagandhi

anything by afi

anything classical/anything beautiful/anything dead

happy songs

(re)definition - blackstar

anything by sublime

anything ska/anything reggae

i will think of more later im sure

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

just a few that stick out:

stetsasonic-"blood, sweat & no tears", summer of '91...

black moon- buck 'em down (remix), i know this is hiphop cliche, but i remember riding in my friends car all around albany with this song on repeat, smoking too many blunts to the head...

Guest Comp Shoes

Christ! Any Sublime song reminds me of my high school days. In particular Scarlet Bogonias. And Doin Time reminds me of spring break 1996 in Myrtle Beach.

Archived