Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

>>--| Song of the Week |--<<

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by imported_El Mamerro, Apr 7, 2004.

1. -Song of the Week-

Hello. I will be hosting a different song every Wednesday. I'll pick out something I'm enjoying at the moment, put it online, and offer a link to it with a short description. This will go on until my hosts freak the hell out and tell me to stop using so much bandwidth.

You have three options:

A) Download the song and enjoy.

B) Be like "fuck this shit" and not download the song.

C) Download the song and NOT enjoy. This is where you eat my ass.

Rules for thread participation:
    • You may post any comments you like.

• You may post links to actual downloadable mp3's online.

• If you do post a song, it must be only one a week, and must be posted on Wednesday. Include a description.

• You may NOT post song suggestions for people to go get on their own.

• You may NOT post short audio clips or low bitrate versions.

4/7/04-Today's song:

Lito y Polaco, "La Calle"

Although this is reggaet├│n, which means highly danceable and DPC-friendly, it's got pretty pissed-off lyrics and tons of gunshot sounds. The result is something you can listen to get amped and kick someone's ass, or you can get amped to hump girls. We all win with this wonderful combination.

Have fun, and see you next Wednesday for the next installment.

2. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

3. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

Yes, thats hotshit indeed.

4. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

good idea mammerro

just dont forget to put a date in the topic so we dont get all confeused
    (see Beardo's saturday night)

5. ^Wordness K3, date is up. But there will only be one thread though, not multiples like Beardo's.

I also forgot to add that songs will be up only one week. The arrival of a new song means removal of the previous.

6. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

ohhh.... I though every wednesday you'd do an 'of the week' thread but now I see that's not the case.

I trust you with the logistics of this operation.

oh...

are you talking about editing the first post to
    always keep the 'song of the week' in the first post?

7. Nope, the posts will remain the same, I will make new posts (not threads) for new songs. That way an archive can be kept of what's been posted before, even though the links won't work. It'll be easier to keep the comment flow too, otherwise the first comments on the thread will be referring to songs no longer listed and people will be like OMG WTF.

8. MrChupacabra

MrChupacabra 12oz Loyalist

that song is ill, now i'm going to spend a week trying to figure out what hes saying using my almost halfway decent spanish speaking skills.

9. Fuck Ya'll

Fuck Ya'll Member

Mamerrito, can you suggest some FREE mp3 sites for Macs?

Also, is there any way to make mp3's from your own CD's?

I would buy mp3's from Itunes, but I used the software restore disks. Then I tried to download the software install CD, it didn't work, and now my Itunes is gone.

10. MANIK DEK

MANIK DEK Member

anybody heard of this new file sharing program called www.shareaza.com its great....they have a huge library........you should check em' out

11. This thread fuckin rocks and i got a folder names mamerro on my music folders as off now.
    The only reason this isnt a sticky is that seeing it poped up means new dope music for your ears.

12. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

Yeah, this is booty easy. All you need is Winamp
    or Windows Media Player... but I'm guessing
    you're on a mac so find the equivalent and
    read the help file.

www.downloads.com

Search for CD rippers.

13. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

Great song and great thread idea! Here's my addition for the week:

• Spoon - Jonathan Fisk

Enjoy my favorite Austin band. If you want to hear more, download some from me on soulseek. As Mamz said, comments are welcome.

14. PalestineOne

PalestineOne Senior Member

what the hell is that mamerro?

15. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew