song at your funeral

Guest beardo

sorry to get all morbid on dat azz.. reading them cannibal corpse lyrics all day does that to me. anyway, what would you like to have played at your funeral?

i would have 'ghost' played, but its not very fitting, too long and too funky.. im gonna have to go with:

phish- 11-22-97 hampton collesium "slave to the traffic light"

brings me half to tears and im still alive.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, oddly enough i think about it often as well, i have this nagging feeling like im going to leave this planet before my time is fully served. i'll call your mom if you call freddy krueger and tell him to bring the phish. ha!

[This message has been edited by beardo (edited 09-06-2001).]

"yeah, oddly enough i think about it often as well, i have this nagging feeling like im going to leave this planet before my time is fully served...."

...thats interesting, and when you go how do you know that you didnt fully serve this life and that you were 'on time', even god forbid, it happened as what we perceive as 'early'...just a thought...

i always liked standing on the moon, by the dead...r

'a lovely view from heaven but id rather be with you'

Originally posted by beardo:

sorry to get all morbid on dat azz..

heh...beardo, you're so hiphop.....

reading them cannibal corpse lyrics all day does that to me

totally off topic, but if you have a chance, peruse a carcass lyric sheet.............the best lyrics ever...

i don't know if i would have music at my funeral.....which could be a weird thing considering i'm such an obsessed sound freak....um.....etcetry....

i don't think there is a song......there's been lots, but they only work for that moment in time and later on as nostalgia and reflection of that moment....usually when i am first exposed to a song that really spirales me into a certain mental area for days when i can't stop listening and dissecting a song and how i feel...........and they always seem to come into my life at the perfect moment......fate.....weird....receptiveness....................take5 said you increase your sychronicity by increasing your awareness.....................

i'd have to say that the song played at my funeral would be the one that days, hours, minutes, moments before my passing was the song i was being torn apart by....

faith no more - i started a joke.

Elliot Smith - coming up roses.

bright eyes - neely o'hara

I'd actually burn my own "The soundtrack to the life and death of." to send with the invitations. Well, no, I probably wouldn't.

------------------

PRUDE - If I had nuts, you'd be on 'em.

[This message has been edited by tow up from tha flow up ! (edited 09-06-2001).]

not to be a dick riding internet groupie here, but i really fucking love that song as well. easily my favorite radiohead song, if not one of my favorite songs in general. it fits my moods (or mood) as well...

tow up... props just for mentioning FNM. 'small victories' would definitely be a contender...

other possabilities...

'song for an angel' sunny day

'stranglehold' nugent (i cant help it, i love that song)

'consumed' richie hawtin (fuck it, just play the whole album)

'landslide' fleetwood mac

id also really like some sort of light noise/ambaince shit playing in the background... static and beeps... not real over powering shit, but some light stuff to break the silence...

"that was a less abrasive way of saying im going to die from unnatural causes."-b

...oh yeah i know...its just these days im thinking with death everything is natural...it just happens...however it does, it natural just to die....

buggin out and making no sense-r

...hey seeking i dont know how better off youll be, im the king procrastinator!...it took me way long to get shit out to beardo, and im still trying to get pilau's shit after i think a month and a half!...the turtle won the race right? right?...yeah and you can thank your uncle beardo for the dope 97 show im gonna throw in...mmmmmmmmm...flavors...yeah beardo...lol...ill do a favor for ya dood... dont be getting in a huff seeking!!!, and lemme know the date of the show you went to, it was like in june right?

MMMMMMMMSSSSSSSSGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

speaking of swaps...whats up twinkie?

okay back to death:

what about string version of ave maria, im not religious but that song is beautiful or chopin nocturne number 2 makes me almost burst when i listen to it...r

edit cause i want to travel back in time...via my back button.....

[This message has been edited by mental invalid (edited 09-06-2001).]

you act like i have a burner champ. roe.. if you send seeking the radiohead discs you sent me, i'll compensate for them. just get him off my back.

still waiting for you to hold up your end of the deal mr. cry baby

OH YEAH... im working a solid angle on the MSG show too................................................................................................................................................................................. ..........................................................................................

Archived