Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Somethings fishy...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Telo, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Telo

Telo Elite Member

Ok if im hitting too close to home than anyone can feel free to delete this.

Im wondering how many folks out there that view this site also view the hit magazine "Maxim"?? Ive had a subscription for shit, seems like about 3 years and i dont know about you guys but this fucker rocks.

Over the past 6 months Ive noticed an extreme resemblance of material to the stuff posted in ch0 to many things posted in the magazine..

Ive seen catch phrases that the ONLY other place i would read anythig liek this and laugh would be on ch0. I mean its weird, i just read a letter to the editor where dude put "zing!" at the end of one of his responses to a reader. I may be out of the loop but this is the only place ive seen someone say that..And i cant remember off the top of my head but ive been seeing and self noting these resemblances over several of the past issues.

So i guess the main point is that if you havent ever browsed through a maxim or stuff or fhm etc etc and you are a fan of ch0 then id recommend it..

PS.. Anybody know the scoop on the UK maxim? i hear its a lot better and has soft nudity (Yes!).

Beer.

2. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

i have had a subscription for a few years myself, i love it, some cool on point shit, then random shit....i agree

3. LadyNapua

LadyNapua Senior Member

We get that mag too, it's funny to read and has some good pics.

4. Grimes

Grimes Veteran Member

my sister gets the mag,so ive browsed through quite a few,not a bad mag

5. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

I've read Maxim maybe 3 or 4 times in my life. Each time I've read it, I feel like blowing my brains out. Worst fucking trash rag ever, it's a tabloid for guys.

I think that there's been scientific studies that prove that Maxim makes you stupider and makes you grow a unibrow.

6. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

So wait, what was your point again?

7. mackfatsoe

mackfatsoe Veteran Member

I bought a Maxim once in an airport.

Nothing too special.

8. CACashRefund

CACashRefund 12oz Loyalist

9. Telo

Telo Elite Member

My point is that it supplies me with a few laughs..

And i was wondering if anyone else read it.
    i was also wondering if anyone had the scoop on the uk maxim.

if you need me to, i can quote the very first post ..

And why the hate? is it not "underground" enough for you people?

Not funny enough?? Not well rounded enough?

Trashy as in white trash?

what?

10. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

you have a subscription to 'bite my nuts quarterly'

11. fermentor666

And why the hate? is it not "underground" enough for you people?

Not funny enough?? Not well rounded enough?

Trashy as in white trash?

what?
    [post=3798369]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

It's STUPID! S-T-U-P-I-D STUPID!! Like the Wheel of Fish guy from UHF says. It's trash without redeeming values. It's a fraternity in magazine format. It's Seventeen for men. It's like Hustler but without the dirty words and nudity (Hustler's cool, though).

It's garbage.

12. Brewster Baker

Brewster Baker 12oz Loyalist

13. Zack Morris

Zack Morris Veteran Member

reading that magazine is like having a conversation with a drunk. It may entertain you or keep you busy for a little while (i.e. while taking a poo) but nothing of quality, profound, or with any intellegent signifigance will come from it.

my personal feelings are pretty much indifference twards maxim.

14. fermentor666

Maxim is like the white guy who never fails to mention his "friend who is black".

15. WRECKONIZE

WRECKONIZE Senior Member

^^ uh, no.

UK maxim blows the north american one outta the water