1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Something to read

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by KING BLING, Aug 31, 2002.

1. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

Something to read

Discussion started by KING BLING - Aug 31, 2002

UN summit
    adbusters
    earth charter

"This summer, in Johannesburg, South Africa, 65000 delegates, represantatives and observers will evaluate the climate convention, the convention on biodiversity, the rainforest principles and the agenda 21 of 'sustainable human development'. Will they negotiate in the realisation that we are alive as part of the earth, not to control it? Or the realisation that overdeveloped economies need to be downsized drastically for this world population to have a future? Or that northern consumers are much less likely to survive a breakdown of the economic system then 'underdeveloped' peasants of the south?"

2. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

~KRYLON2~ - Replied Sep 1, 2002

i dont get it???

~KRYLON2~ - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  3. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

KING BLING - Replied Sep 1, 2002

1. Respect Earth and life in all its diversity.
    2. Care for the community of life with understanding, compassion, and love.
    3. Build democratic societies that are just, participatory, sustainable, and peaceful.
    4. Secure Earth's bounty and beauty for present and future generations.
    5. Protect and restore the integrity of Earth's ecological systems, with special concern for biological diversity and the natural processes that sustain life.
    6. Prevent harm as the best method of environmental protection and, when knowledge is limited, apply a precautionary approach.
    7. Adopt patterns of production, consumption, and reproduction that safeguard Earth's regenerative capacities, human rights, and community well-being.
    8. Advance the study of ecological sustainability and promote the open exchange and wide application of the knowledge acquired.
    9. Eradicate poverty as an ethical, social, and environmental imperative.
    10. Ensure that economic activities and institutions at all levels promote human development in an equitable and sustainable manner.
    11. Affirm gender equality and equity as prerequisites to sustainable development and ensure universal access to education, health care, and economic opportunity.
    12. Uphold the right of all, without discrimination, to a natural and social environment supportive of human dignity, bodily health, and spiritual well-being, with special attention to the rights of indigenous peoples and minorities.
    13. Strengthen democratic institutions at all levels, and provide transparency and accountability in governance, inclusive participation in decision making, and access to justice.
    14. Integrate into formal education and life-long learning the knowledge, values, and skills needed for a sustainable way of life.
    15. Treat all living beings with respect and consideration.
    16. Promote a culture of tolerance, nonviolence, and peace.

4. socrates

socrates Guest

socrates - Replied Sep 1, 2002

17.Find out why I don't own a flying car and it's almost 2003

5. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

I suppose this board has lost most of its intellect over time...

6. zen

zen New Jack

zen - Replied Sep 1, 2002

not an issue i will live to see the result of.

zen - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  7. When

When 12oz Loyalist

When - Replied Sep 1, 2002

seriously

i dont think any of that will happen
    and if it does it wont be anytime soon

but hey everyone can dream right?

When - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  8. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

The point is that this is a global conferance going on right now...I don't beleive it will happen over night, but it is pretty convinient that most of us have not heard about it isn't it?

9. When

When 12oz Loyalist

When - Replied Sep 1, 2002

convenient? i guess.
    but i dont expect these changes to go down over night
    not even over a hundred kagillion trillion million and threee nights.
    i dont watch the news much nor keep up on current events
    but i know that these changes will never happen

When - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  10. Intangible

Intangible 12oz Legend

Intangible - Replied Sep 1, 2002

I actually read ad busters...and I was trying to look for some of there flicks to post on here...but I couldnt find any...now I can pull em off der website...

Intangible - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  11. sneak

sneak Guest

sneak - Replied Sep 1, 2002

u suppose???

haha

you know

12. serpent of the light

serpent of the light 12oz Member

serpent of the light - Replied Sep 1, 2002

65000 people. that on the grand scale, is nothing. now i love to see that the world is moving to atleast look at saving gaea, but in all honestly, like the rest of the hundreds, perhaps thousands, of protests, rallies, conventions, that have gone around in the US and the rest of the world, this one will be ignored by the superpowers.
    of course the 1st world countries will die first, we've no idea how to survive w/o our north face puffy jackets and ford expeditions. those who do know survival tactics, not camping in a 75000 dollar RV will make it, just as those who live in the lower classed economies know how to live off the land.

anyways, i lost passion for caring about world politics some time ago. sometimes i almost care, but usually i know that no matter how much i put into it, the result will be the same. 40,000 children will starve to death everyday. thousands more acres of rainforest will become cheep farm land every day.

"saving the world is great, but i gotta sve myself first"--death by stereo.

break the system down.

serpent of the light - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  13. dai

dai 12oz Senior Member

dai - Replied Sep 1, 2002

Re: seriously

how are you sure of your existance? i think therefore i exist...but we could exist anywhere...we could make up molecules on some guys taco for all we know. tommorow you could wake up and be back in the 2nd grade picking your boogers, and your whole existance could just be one really long, weird dream. life in itself is a question that will always go unanswered, but why? because every life has a set path, whether it's fate, destiny, or just plain coincedince. until we learn to channel that path (read the future) and alter the future, that's when life's questions can be answered.

just something to ponder...

dai - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  14. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

suburbian bum - Replied Sep 1, 2002

Bleh i dont have much to say. Just that the whole envirometal prtestion gthe wto type thing used to be somthing i was interested in untill i realized that they dont really care. They beleive the people who protest are just violent teenagers who have no respect. Thats why dumbasses shouldnt riot.

suburbian bum - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  15. GASFACEDJEW

GASFACEDJEW New Jack

GASFACEDJEW - Replied Sep 1, 2002

Re: Re: seriously

DAMN THATS SOME DEEP GHANDI TYPE SHIT. WHERE CAN I FIND SOME STUFF LIKE THIS TO READ ON THE REGULAR?

GASFACEDJEW - Rank: New Jack - Messages: