Something people should do......................

ODS-1

Be more picky about what you paint on freights! Since they never get buffed and security is getting tighter and tighter, my advice is that you don't paint the stell until you get really good. Eventually there isn't gunna be that many blank freights and the security will have killed the scene. So get good and then be picky about what you put on that steel.!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

buff this....

Originally posted by !@#$%

uhhhh

freights get buffed plenty.

i disagree.

maybe if you go over the markings, but some companys dont bother to buff. i think ODS-1 is reffering to GVS, LNAC, WSOR, MET, etc... flat cars. i rarely see them buff, and sometimes the dont bother to restencil the LD LMT/LD WT. there is already way to much garbage on these cars. and chances are, since they dont buffed, wack piecese well be gone over. and as for GVS flats, i see alot of dope, older pieces runied due to buffs, restenciling, and re-weld spots/buffs. pretty soon these will have to go also. so like ODS-1 said, when you paint, make sure you come off nice. if not, stay out the yard.

and as far as new fr8s go, companys do not have time or money to take cars out of service to buff. i think pieces will run for a while on those new TBOXs, as long as you stay off the markings.

What's it matter? We're all going to forever have to paint over shit. Over half the time I paint I'm covering someone. I'm either going to become a god or the biggest asshole in the world for that. My only rules are 1.) Do I know who they are? and if no then I go to 2a.) Is it worth leaving there or 2b.) can I burn it? I agree though...if you suck stay off.

Originally posted by king kong

what odds says doesnt make any sense, i never heard of a writer or a crew going to the yard to bomb trains with tags and throwups, doesnt everyone try and do nice ish..

freights usually only get buffed if you go over the numbers

do you ever even watch trains?? if so do you see tags and throwups?? how do you think they got there?? i go out all the time solely to streak, do paint tags, hollows, or throwups....the freight game is about everything as a whole...nothing goes unnoticed to the motherfuckers who really give a damn.

from where i bench freights do get buffed plenty. graff to buff ratio is still pretty high though. whats hightr is the graff to clean car ratio. freights will probably never be covered with graff. and besides, me personally i like seeing tags and thro-ups on freights. that kind of shit makes the world go round. not to sound like the asshole that i am but crisp clean colorful pieces would be pretty boring if thats all there was. variety is the spice of life dun.

Originally posted by alabama

do you ever even watch trains?? if so do you see tags and throwups?? how do you think they got there?? i go out all the time solely to streak, do paint tags, hollows, or throwups....the freight game is about everything as a whole...nothing goes unnoticed to the motherfuckers who really give a damn.

you probably live close or right by a yard...those are the cats that usually take more pride in doing various things other then pieces

i was talking about people who live at least a good 50 miles away from one who just go to get a few pieces and thats all

I never get geeked on someone's tag...not even someone I know. I don't get much more geeked on bombs either. The only would be if it was someone who bombs hardcore and I've never been the city to see it done. Then it might be cool. However, hardcore bombers don't usually bomb trains. Blah for me. Blah for you.

Originally posted by alabama

well put. the tags and bombs you see are sometimes done by people when they run out of paint to do pieces with, or in my case after a couple of pieces i just get bored and start taking tags. also when your waiting for the person you came with cause hes taking 2 hours fixing one piece you may wander off and take tags and bomb a lil bit....it beats smoking. i like benching, and i like seeing handstyles, combined with the mystery of seeing all the places a car has been when it has a bunch of tags and shit. like alabama said, nothing goes unnoticed by those of us who give damn about the entire process, not just the harvest.

ewwwww....did i say bombs!!

Originally posted by Sarin

Define GOOD...

generally speaking, if someone spent time on it i won't touch it..

if there's even a hint that someone was doing more than fucking aorund.

you know, if it has 3D or some accents or an outline, or if the fill has more than one color that wasn't automotive paint

i try not to go over anything really, but sometimes its kind of necessary, so if the 'jake' piece done with an orange walmart paint fill and automotive green outline that has a white primer line through it gets capped, so be it.

last time i painted i didn't have to go over anyone's tags (even though there were some on panels) ...there were plenty of open spaces so i just went there.

some of those open spaces were obviously buffed cars.

I'm all for throwups and tags on freights, for the various reasons already mentioned - waiting for your boy to finish, killing what's left of cans used for piecing, and generally getting up because it's the name of the game. The only objection I have to bombing freights is that if it's done wrong, you can blow up your spot, by hitting every car with the same name/style/paint color. Workers aren't dumb, they know what it means if they see the same thing on a bunch of cars in a row (if they are paying attention, and could be trouble if they care, though many don't). Just skip a few cars, change style/ paint color/ size/format, etc. If I want to wreck a line without being obvious about it I'll alternate tags, streaks, hollows, tricked-out hollows with 3D and highlights and outer, in different styles and arrangements, and skip a few cars here and there. Bombing freights is especially appropriate for those tiresome cars that are too plentiful and don't get great play (hoppers, tanks, gondolas, etc). It's also the only bright side to having a yard that's already burnt - there's no longer any reason not to hit every car with quick shit.

One situation where it's fun to bomb a bunch of cars is at spots where a whole train is stopped at a signal, waiting to proceed. Just know in advance where the line goes - you could heat up the next place the train stops, which might be somebody else's spot.

Word!

generally speaking, if someone spent time on it i won't touch it..

if there's even a hint that someone was doing more than fucking aorund.

you know, if it has 3D or some accents or an outline, or if the fill has more than one color that wasn't automotive paint

i try not to go over anything really, but sometimes its kind of necessary, so if the 'jake' piece done with an orange walmart paint fill and automotive green outline that has a white primer line through it gets capped, so be it.

last time i painted i didn't have to go over anyone's tags (even though there were some on panels) ...there were plenty of open spaces so i just went there.

some of those open spaces were obviously buffed cars.

I agree with many things you said.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Cracked Ass

One situation where it's fun to bomb a bunch of cars is at spots where a whole train is stopped at a signal, waiting to proceed. Just know in advance where the line goes - you could heat up the next place the train stops, which might be somebody else's spot.

Those spots are the best...the fucking best.

No.

and No.

and no. fr8s get buffed for coverin numbers.but it is stayin true to do pieces on fr8s.yes its fun to run around bombin the shit out of fr8s but u have to conserve.and if other writers paint in the same yard theyre bound to cover your shit. throw ups are not the key to paintin fr8s my man.

Re: buff this....

Originally posted by amish son

when you paint, make sure you come off nice. if not, stay out the yard.

you hafta be kidding me. again, you dont DO graffiti man, puhhhhleeeease shut the fuck up about what people should and shouldnt do and go back to uploading photos for me to look at.

Originally posted by causinpanic

and no. fr8s get buffed for coverin numbers.but it is stayin true to do pieces on fr8s.yes its fun to run around bombin the shit out of fr8s but u have to conserve.and if other writers paint in the same yard theyre bound to cover your shit. throw ups are not the key to paintin fr8s my man.

i like it when people try to son me.

i was not referring to myself.

i was answering kong's question about writers who go to the yard to do throwies and tags.

i never said shit about quanitity

or throwups being key.

how do you attribute commantary to someone when you can plainly READ what i wrote and what i was responding to.

it speaks volumes when someone goes so far as to assume all that shit, like i'm running around yards crushing fr8s with my tags.

and where i am, FREIGHTS GET BUFFED

if you were in a yard anywhere around here, you'd know it because you'd see all those brand new CN paint jobs on everything (not just numbers)

obviously, painting the numbers makes it far more likely to receive a buff or a stamp.

and one more thing:

if you think throwups can't be key, you don't know very much about freights. otherwise you'd know about JE (as everyone who paints fr8s regularly does)

Originally posted by king kong

, i never heard of a writer or a crew going to the yard to bomb trains with tags and throwups, doesnt everyone try and do nice ish..

damn....i guess you never seen anyone from my crew....oh wait....yeah you have.

forties + freights = fun forever

Guest imported_Europe
Originally posted by 48:16

damn....i guess you never seen anyone from my crew....oh wait....yeah you have. forties + freights = fun forever

:lol: hahaha, so true...

Archived