something i've been wondering for a while...

pukey1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Attention and why we love it.

If you really want to get down to it.. human nature. Its a natural instinct to draw attention to ourselves be it subconscience or not. We need it to survive.

Without any form of attention being drawn to you, you would cease to exists (in society. Probably metaphysically as well), and naturally we draw attentions to our selves for reassurance that were still pliable to are surroundings.

Its obviously changed over the past few thousand years, be it from advancements in intelligence to the way we interact socially with one another.

Remember that If your to look it in the sense of a standpoint with modern times and evolution, at one point there was an Alpha male who simply by being larger, stronger, etc., and being able to draw attention to this was able to keep his ground.

Hasn't really changed to much, rich on top _poor on the bottom. Bigger and stronger get the better deals, etc., (unless you follow Terrence Mckenies work.)

We still fight for what we want, act territorial and wear flashy clothes to draw the attention of those around us and to alert them of are appearance ... just like every other animal out there.

So if your looking for a little "science type method" to figure out your question apply evolution, Darwin's thoughts on natural selection etc.

In my personal opinion.. people just like to be looked at.

When we' are introduced in to society - we are baptized in the foodchain.

We then are on a infintive quest to get to the top of our social hirearchy...

but..

The older I get the more I realize, it's a endless climb to get to the top, and once you get there, it's not what you expect..

You can't fall when your at the bottom...

Get surrounded by true frenids, and loved ones...

Then just repersent who you are for them...

Archived