Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Something about brains...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by 26SidedCube, Mar 7, 2005.

1. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

I should be working but instead I'm reading this:

It's probably a bunch of bullshit ...but hey, at least I'm reading.

2. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

That sure is alot to read.... :FIRST:

3. Herbivore

Herbivore Senior Member

interesting....

i think i'm a schizoid.

4. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

I know I have a very minor case of Obsessive Compultive Disorder.
    I'm a bit obsessed with symetry. When I was young (like 6), if I had a itch
    on my right knee I would scratch it, then I'd scratch my left knee just to keep things 'in ballance'.
    I still feel a bit of it today but if I realise I'm doing it, I can stop myself. Full OCD sufferers cant stop the actions.

5. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

Yeah.. it was pretty much a load of bullshit.

6. Fondles

Fondles Veteran Member

looks that way.

7. villain

villain Veteran Member

I met someone like this.

I've been diagnosed to have some schizoid traits. Yeah I'm antisocial. I know that.

8. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

oh, so is that why you put 2 L's in balance?

9. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

ok, so avoiding hanging out in huge groups of dumbasses and not being the life of the party makes you a schizoid?

i guess i'm a schizoid, and so are most people i know.

10. ka_ko_si?

ka_ko_si? New Jack

26sided.. are you a closet shizoid ?!? i swear all your posts are about mental disorders..

11. shape1369

shape1369 Member

I'm the same exact way. When I was young and would draw, I would draw only half an image on graph paper, just so I could try and make the other half perfectly symmetrical. If I chew on one side, I have to chew on the other. I'm always cognizant of my actions, but I think I sorta like being OCD about symmetry and balance. I noticed it helped me in my art classes a lot. I could find weak points in my art from the balance aspect of things. Anywho, it is interesting to see other people with the exact same tendency.

12. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

OCD is the next ADD

13. Fugazi

Fugazi Senior Member

It's fun to diagnose ourselves with things that we hear about in popular culture. That article, from what I read, was the biggest load of horse shit I've seen today. Here are the DSM 4-TR Criteria for Schizoid- more than just being anti-social-

1. Neither desires nor enjoys close relationships, including being part of a family

2. Almost always chooses solitary activities

3. Has little, if any, interest in having sexual experiences with another person

4. Takes pleasure in few, if any, activities

5. Lacks close friends or confidants other than first degree relatives

6. Appears indifferent to the praise or criticism of others

7. Shows emotional coldness,detachment, or flattened affect

That article really had none of these aspects.