Somethin new...

JayFo

well... I haven't tried workin ona piece since the rica one that lacked letter structure/flow as Got showed me. So then my friend asked me to write KNP for him for his girl (K standin for his name, N for 'n/and, and P for her name). So I worked on this tonight and first did just the letters and tried to make em flow and look alright on their own then did it on another piece of paper and added detail.

Well here's the Rica one (my version and Got's showin my letters)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/pd9b76736156f6b22cdc6c8396937cc15/fbf8f2fa.jpg'>

http://www.fatcap.co.uk/host/files/strippedrica.jpg'>

And here's the one I did tonight...(messy but oh well, gonna be colored in and all so whatever)

http://pics.fotango.com/pictures/0400361092_001P.jpg'>

Here's are the basic letters in it...

http://pics.fotango.com/pictures/0400361092_002P.jpg'>

well just give me ya opinios, wonderin if improved and maybe gettin the right idea, just whatever, shit talk, anyhtin... i was just bored and i know it aint much and maybe doesn't deserve its own post, but oh well... gonna go back to finishin up this KNP sketch now anywayz.

*edit, imagestation wasn't workin or somethin so had to upload this new pics onto fotnago instead and hopefully nwo it works...

the pics on imagestation, incase fotango don't work... (since imagestation is back up now)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p4de7345ac3b37522abde8ed7596f9f81/fbb64664.jpg'>

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p9a0128673f5b194860c9e7d929aa73cb/fbb6465f.jpg'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

only seein the rica one

you need work, in my opinion... i didnt see any of your other sketches so i dont know how youve improved.. but i wouldnt make them so kinked out you know what i mean.. unnecisary bends, and blunt bends at that.. but thats just opposite of my style, my style is more curvey but whatever works for you man.. but the way i do my letters are, for an H, i would make the first bar with whatever bends and shit i want, then the other with whatever bends and shit i want, then i do the horizontal dash thing, again, with whatever bends and shit i want... then i fill it and outline only the lines i want shown, it makes the letters look a lot smoother..

i dont know if you care about that and i dont even know if im really good enough to give you an opinion of my own but i did anyways.. just dont stop man, the last thing i want to see is someone who likes this shit stopping because they dont think theyre good or because of some other stupid shit.. but yeah you shoulda also lose that silly arrow :D

thanks for the opinions man. And yea, i know some people dont feel the straight style as much as curves. Personally the straight style makes mroe sense to me and i like it... that's why I do it. I wanna perfect it to my own... since i see it not that often. Like sp.one, some spade, some cope, some king157, etc do straight styles sometimes but that only a few guys, mad people do curvy stuff and yea, ill stop talkin.

I actually like the simple version.

For one, it's readable and can be tweaked in many directions.

The wild's extensions are taking away rather than enhancing your letters. For example:

The 'K' is good and I actually like the accidental 'M' I see, made by the way you connected the 'N' and the 'P'.

the 'P' now looks like an 'e'.

I have this same problem with my 'T" because there is an empty space at the bottom right of the letter. Thank God for numbers.

I fill that space with a '1' and it balances out the bottom left of my 'G'.

Peices dont always have to balance out depending in the direction of your flow but it looks better on boxed, panel styles.

I'm at work right now but I'll throw up an example of what I'm talking about later tonight.

In the mean time......I'd like to see an example of your deads and straights. No style neccessary, just flat out 'K-N-P' letters.

alright, peace!

alright thanks got... and yea, I know what ya mean bot an empty space in ya T like in my P. I kinda like havin my whole thing in a sorta imaginary box, usually one spot won't be boxed and that si where i put my tag. By dead letters, i'm thinkin you mean the simple simple stuff, jsut straight up box square letters, I'll show some of that in a sec. I am gonna start tryin to piece, or not piece, but think of letters and improve them in this style everyday from nwo on since I really never do...

Anywayz, thanks Got and ummm... yea, question bout prismas for you or anyone else, I just outlined the KNP thing with a prisma and they suck for outlines, i wish i could find my nice outline pen but i lost it lol. The prisma kinda like bleeds and shit... this happen to anyone or is it me with lack of skill with the prisma? I jsut got em a few days ago so haven't used em. Anywayz, thanks for advice again Got and to any opinions, shit tak, criticism, or advice in the future...

i like the KNP, but i agree with everything Got said, the P does kind of look like an E with the arrow comming out of it, and the N looks like an M.. for some reason the N looks like it is bigger than the K and the P, like wider... i like those more than the rica one though..

and yeah i would also like to see just some straight bar letters to see how that would turn out..

and about the prismas.. ive had some for a long time and they wouldnt bleed, then yesterday i had to get a few more colors for my ren and stimpy and on parts of it, it would bleed and go out of the outline and kinda look funky.. so im thinkin its because they're new.

post more..!!

---EDIT

ahhhh, sorry now that i submitted my reply i saw the N better.. it doesnt look bigger anymore, for some reason i was thinking its lowercase but now i see it uppercase. it still looks kinda like an M though.

thanks for ya opinions shor... yea, at first i was goin for a lowercase N than I saw how i could make it a cool lookin uppercase and i guess it looks like an M too, but i kinda like it... I really don't like my P with the E with an arrow kinda thing like both you and Got said, but I alreyad outlined it and colored the 3D lol. My friend and his girl won't really care since they will think it looks good no matter what, ya know haha? Though I'll be able to tell, but whatever... At least my name don't have any blank voids in the letters... that's why I like it :) Jyce. I really must try doin my name lol, and here are some straight letters, I dunno if this is what Got means (since im not sure what Dead letters are), but whatever. It's like about a month old now, it was one day at school when i was thinkin of new simple stuff that I'd want to paint (stuff that's easy to read for people).

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p55cbfb4f5ef0d1f28f09ee7a1b5533ca/fbf4a5ec.jpg'>

personally i like this these three the best...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p6769ef37180c993de6140ba91a262508/fbf4a5de.jpg'>

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/pdc65b0adc9e7e9c620c1323869cb36e0/fbf4a5d9.jpg'>

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/pe5ce4e19fe84821b8ab330db9dbbd61f/fbf4a5d5.jpg'>

I have some more stuff I can scan and if you can tell me exactly what dead letters are, I can draw some and scan and post em up.

Anywayz... that's it for now, peace.

ok..........

U can sence letter structure, but u should work on simplestraight letters and u will see a big diff. and soon u will be adding some flava 2 ur letters, but 1st i think u should just be workin on straight letters..........:D <---------cool face

GOTS DROPPING SCIENCE.

YEAH MAN WORK ON A BUNCH OF SUPER SIMPLE STUFF NO CONNECTIONS OR FANCY SHIT FOR A BIT. BY THE END OF IT WHEN YOU GO BACK TO YOUR STRAIGHT STYLE YOU WILL HAVE MORE FLAVOR TO ADD TO THE LETTERS MAKING THEM STAND OUT FROM THE FANCY SHIT. IT SHOWS YOU HAVE MORE UNDERSTANDING THAN MOST PEOPLE WITH YOUR SAME EXPERIENCE. SO USE THAT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE AND YOU WILL COME UPTHAT MUCH FASTER. JUST KEEP IT UP, AND DONT GO SO LONG BETWEEN DRAWINGS IT WILL ONLY MAKE IT HARDER WHEN YOU SIT DOWN TO DRAW !!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/pd04636e28489a5ce60c4fa5ca26eff90/fbb5390c.jpg'>

What do ya think of the color scheme anywayz? The colors are kinda feminine but since it was for his girl thought it might work out good like that, but dunno.

Also, it's my first time usin prismas... and I'm curious what do people do to make their work look so damn good?? lol, like it almsot seems as if it's comin out and it's so vibrant. It's crazy... any tips on how to color with prismas would help...

Also any other opinions on whatever is cool too.

peace

Jyce has now been changed to Jyse lol, cuz I like the S better...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p5dcf050ff39e0d60b5f341c82218f95b/fbb43391.jpg'>

I know it ain't that simple :( but I couldn't help it! lol. I first had the letter small and then did em big and too big (can't scan lol). Then I redid it like that abov and fixed up letters i didn't like. I purposely put no arrows in it... just tell me watcha think, i kinda like it and I like my S for some reason. I have some more ideas that I am gonna draw up tomorrow along with some simple, yes simple straight or dead letters (though I would like someone to tell me exactly what that is lol). Anywayz... ummm yea, that's bout it.

ide say you better than alot of people just because your adittude of originality

like you do your style because thats the shit you like

and thats all that really matterswith art,is if you like you own shit

like when dali was dropping the dope shit most people thought it was crude same with most "famous" artist bottom line always draw for your self

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p6769ef37180c993de6140ba91a262508/fbf4a5de.jpg'>

I like these and....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p5dcf050ff39e0d60b5f341c82218f95b/fbb43391.jpg'>

I like this alot.

I have to agree with LORE. Don't change your style at all. But I do stress developing it and I can see that you've already figured that out by your last sketch.

You've managed to maintain your style while making your letters readable. Excellent progress in a short time.

Sometimes a writer can do an outline of the top of his dome but sometimes, if it don't feel right, a writer will rework and rework his outlines untill he is satisfied with the outcome.

It may take a bit more time but it's a simple proccess regardless.

Keep up the good work!

thats hot.... altho i cant exactly read it, even if its tuo liek you wrote above it, but still looks cool.

Hhhmmm... well just got home and tried fixin up the sketch i posted and i got my E lookin better so now i like my SE but I don't like my JY anymore lol, so gotta change that and then maybe ill scan it or somethin.

But, if anyone has noticed I keep all my lines the same thickness which seems to rarely be done by most people... just curious if i should maybe try keepin some lines thin where it might work out to thin and then make em thick where they should be thick, etc. I am not really sure what to do bout that. Since, sometimes, it hinders some options i have and makes it harder to think of what could liek fit, although when i figure out somethin it looks fine anywayz. I kinda am used to also and it's kinda the style i got goin (evne if it dont look great) just havin everythin straight and jagged and all the same thickness.

Anywayz, I type too much... later...

edit* didnt even notice got posted anythin lol, i just went down to the bottom and saw wriots thing.

Well, thanks for the advice and all that Got, definetly helped. Yea, I am workin on fixin up the outline and all. Like personally I like the S I did the best and some stuff on the outline just didn't fit or feel right so I fixed it til it did. And thanks for the style thing, yea I won't be changin my style cuz it's bout the only thing so far I have developed that seems like I cna get somethin nice outta it and that is sorta different from most. Only thing I'm wonderin bout is the line thickness as I stated above....maybe I'll experiment with it some, dunno. Anywayz, I'm gonna just keep sketchin everyday and hopefully I'll progress more...

Thanks for all the advice from everyone, it helps and um, yea gonna get back to drawin now, peaace.

Originally posted by JayFo

thats hot.... altho i cant exactly read it, even if its tuo liek you wrote above it, but still looks cool.

Hhhmmm... well just got home and tried fixin up the sketch i posted and i got my E lookin better so now i like my SE but I don't like my JY anymore lol, so gotta change that and then maybe ill scan it or somethin.

But, if anyone has noticed I keep all my lines the same thickness which seems to rarely be done by most people... just curious if i should maybe try keepin some lines thin where it might work out to thin and then make em thick where they should be thick, etc. I am not really sure what to do bout that. Since, sometimes, it hinders some options i have and makes it harder to think of what could liek fit, although when i figure out somethin it looks fine anywayz. I kinda am used to also and it's kinda the style i got goin (evne if it dont look great) just havin everythin straight and jagged and all the same thickness.

Anywayz, I type too much... later...

i hope u dont use rulers to keep ur lines sooo straight please dont

Originally posted by LOReSeVeNTeN

like when dali was dropping the dope shit most people thought it was crude same with most "famous" artist bottom line always draw for your self

I might have to disagree on that DALI statement LORE.

Dali as well as Picasso were trained in the classical style which would be considered photo realism now a days.

Dali was always Dope and people always loved his work. The Famous Coco Chanel (rich lady from back in the day) hooked him up with a studio and limitless supplies to encourage his production.(Lucky fuk! I need a chick like that!)

Picasso did'nt develope his abstract style until after he had painted in the classical style.

Picasso is a good example of how you have to learn the basics before you can go off on your own steez. Learning the basics also lends your work, foundation and credibility.

so yeah, bring your own style to the table of basics.

That 3D joint looks good WRIOT!

i finished fixin up that jyse i did last night... cept sory its so messy with eraser marks and shit.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/pcd3d4004f704a4eabe20fb0230827879/fbb15bcc.jpg'>

If you wanna compare...

I like the fixed version lots better, but maybe it's just me... dunno.

Yea, I think maybe I'll try just outlinin this and then erasin more and it wont look as messy, gonna be too lazy to color.

Thanks for peoples advice cuz everythin really helps. After drawin the thing I just posted above I got kinda the need to practice my hands and throws lol, just cuz its quicker and not necessarily easier, but different so I'm gonna scribble shit on paper till i end up goin out or somethin lol, later and thanks.

Also, Hecz...you told me about how i didnt have letter strucutre on my last thing and shit, just curious what a opinion is now, whether good ro bad, shit talk or not. Since the more opinions the better, so if ya wouldn't mind it'd be cool if ya'd share yours.

peace.

HECZ

My man,

I got one more page to finish and I got a meeting with Kris Parker tonight so I'll have it out by Monday. No Doubt!

Jayfo!

I see you're getting loose with it. That last sketch is a good foundation. the more you work with that, the more you'll funkify it.

You know, sharpen your bends add a little motion flow or whatever you want.

http://www.blingtvshow.com/jyse.jpg'>

I dont usually kick this style but here's a quick something based on your sketches.

And yeah, listen to HECZ he got good advice.

later.

Archived